Had enough..

Old Feb 12th 2004, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Had enough..

..of the builders who insist on starting up their bloody machines at ungodly hours in the morning. Yesterday it was 5.50am today we had a bit of a reprieve as it was 6.10am!!
Old Feb 12th 2004, 10:26 pm
owieb

This was one of the reasons we decided not to build. We couldn't bare the thought of living on a building site for the next few years.

Some of the estates are now having clauses in the contracts that say that building must comence within a certain number of years (normally two) so that people have a bit of peace and quiet.

Otherwise you could end up having a vacant block next to you for years before someone starts to build and then when they do it's hell.

There are laws that prevent them starting at a certain time. I think they mustn't start using noisy equipment before 7. Not sure where you'll find this out, but you should make a complaint if it continues

Old Feb 13th 2004, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

Carol in Oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by owieb
This was one of the reasons we decided not to build. We couldn't bare the thought of living on a building site for the next few years.

Some of the estates are now having clauses in the contracts that say that building must comence within a certain number of years (normally two) so that people have a bit of peace and quiet.

Otherwise you could end up having a vacant block next to you for years before someone starts to build and then when they do it's hell.

There are laws that prevent them starting at a certain time. I think they mustn't start using noisy equipment before 7. Not sure where you'll find this out, but you should make a complaint if it continues
Your local council will be able to give you all that sort of info. Where I am in NSW I believe its 7.30 in the morning before building works etc and 8 at the weekends. There are also rules governing times for using the air con and the lawn mower.
Carol
Old Feb 13th 2004, 5:37 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Report it to the council when it happens. There is a block of units going up in Bondi and the immediate neighbours are complaining to the council. They will be getting fined for starting too early.
Old Feb 13th 2004, 6:38 am
Just Joined

cols is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Had enough..

Originally posted by claireg3
..of the builders who insist on starting up their bloody machines at ungodly hours in the morning. Yesterday it was 5.50am today we had a bit of a reprieve as it was 6.10am!!
I recently found out that you can also take it into your own hands and complain to a Justice of the Peace. They can issue a court summons to the noise maker and have them appear before a local court. If you can satisfy the magistrate that they are making an offensive noise they will be issued with a noise abatement order and will be fined if they continue making the noise.