Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gypsies ????????

Gypsies ????????

Old Sep 12th 2006, 2:46 am
still perthforme

mrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gypsies ????????

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
This might be a silly question but i needed to ask We've just had a load of Gypsies arrive on our local football fields, they were here about 6 months ago and what a mess they left behind. Does Australia have Gypsies?

Stacey xx
I come from Dorset and used to dread the Great Dorset steam fair, wich is held just outside my home town. The gypsies would turn up a week before the fair and be there a month later. A group were barred from Tescos for shoplifting so they sent the kids in to p*ss in the freezers :scared:
Old Sep 12th 2006, 3:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Vash cops it big time, and he can occasionally put his foot in it, but some of his sentiments are actually say as practical as Hutch's, so I don't knock him. You have to read between the lines of the detail and find his point which is often valid.

Grayling often seems the spin doctor - cropping up suddenly and curiously to defend the UK without adding much to the Australian debate other than links. Just like Vash, really! You almost wonder if he is still moving here, or is just playing. I also like Grayling.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 6:12 am
Anyone seen my coat???

chopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nice

When we lived in Bournemouth we'd have the theiving Pikey scum turn up every year on Kings park and ruin it.
The last time we experienced it was one Xmas and they did £400,000.00 worth of damage to the park, and used the grass verges as toilets (nuff said)!!!
We couldn't get in the local pub as they didn't recognise us, as the Pikeys had been stealing beer and seemed to be unable to use a toilet properly.

Now we're in Soton they've just invaded a local field and the local rugby club, this happens every year prior to the steam fair at Blandford where £200,000.00 worth of stolen caravans were recovered this year!!!
Why do English people put up with this??

Why don't the inland revenue, social services, police, ministry of transport trading standards etc etc have a blitz on these scum and hassle them enough so they clear off back to Ireland????????

If a group of ravers go onto a field and have a party mr plod and his mates have to go in and remove them!!!!!!!!

Another reason that i'm glad i'll be on that plane on 25th Oct....Oz bound!!!

Cheers all
Old Sep 12th 2006, 7:26 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

This might be a silly question but i needed to ask We've just had a load of Gypsies arrive on our local football fields, they were here about 6 months ago and what a mess they left behind. Does Australia have Gypsies?

Stacey xx
Poor you! I do not miss those ba$t++ds! We sold our land in the UK because of numerous gypsy infiltrations! It cost us to get them off. They are scum.
I was banking on that land for my pension!
In Aus, I find it funny that my friends can leave their 'float' (horse trailer) out on the road and it not get pinched. Still do and it's there in the morning, every morning!

Last edited by mumomonty; Sep 12th 2006 at 7:31 am. Reason: mistake
Old Sep 12th 2006, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chopper boy
Why don't the inland revenue, social services, police, ministry of transport trading standards etc etc have a blitz on these scum and hassle them enough so they clear off back to Ireland????????

If a group of ravers go onto a field and have a party mr plod and his mates have to go in and remove them!!!!!!!!

Cheers all
The police in Surrey move them straight away, no messing.Pikies don't bother with Surrey too much anymore.
Hampshire's bobby's want nothing more than to get in amongst these people and get them out but we are governed by a bunch of politically minded wooses terrified of being sued by someone.
The catchphrase of inept senior managers in Hampshire is "we'll be criticised if...".
Hope the QLD police aren't as pathetically led.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 8:38 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jon and alex
The police in Surrey move them straight away, no messing.Pikies don't bother with Surrey too much anymore.
Hampshire's bobby's want nothing more than to get in amongst these people and get them out but we are governed by a bunch of politically minded wooses terrified of being sued by someone.
The catchphrase of inept senior managers in Hampshire is "we'll be criticised if...".
Hope the QLD police aren't as pathetically led.
Agree about Surrey cops. Some of these gypo (pikie, whatever, they are all the same to me) f**ks moved into a beautiful field a few miles from Woldingham a few years ago. The cops had them out within a few days. Could be something to do with all the wealthy (read influential) people living in the area......
Old Sep 12th 2006, 8:47 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I know you are only joking (which is why you're assigning opinions to Vash he did not make), but I find Vash's posts a better reflection of actual life here than Grayling's.

Yes it was intended as a humorous tongue in cheek reply, it was however entirely factual as you can judge for yourself below:

Question does Australia have Gypsies?
Vash's one word answer NO. Incorrect Australia has thousands of Gypsies who get together for a festival in Bendigo S.A every year

In the "What are the real living costs in Brisbane?" Jad N Rich post their actual living costs and the cost of rates in the area [remember it's a question on Brisbane rates] Vash then rips apart the post and I quote "Rates @ $2168 a year That's absolutely obscene" again that actual cost is backed by the majority of people who live in Brisbane not in some redneck hick town in S.A or anywhere else so how do you knock !k off of that? Do you just refuse to pay the council?

On the bananas thread Vash quotes "Australia lost 95% of her entire banana crop in Cyclone Larry" Incorrect The whole of FNQ only grows 85% of Australia's bananas and the whole of the FNQ area wasn't affected by Larry.

On the 22 drive by shootings thread again Vash incorrectly states they're not common despite there being 22 in only three months.

In the changing plugs thread Vash shows a photo's of a retro fit U.K plug and compares it to an Aussie moulded plug inferring again incorrectly Aussie ones are better as U.K appliances have also been fitted with moulded plugs since before we left there three yrs ago.

On the "New Qld gov't advert on electrical installation" thread despite the actual advert being seen by many QLD residents Vash disputes it's existence because he can't find evidence of it on Google.

Grayling by his own admission posts most of his stuff in defence of the U.K when people are slating the U.K and bigging up Australia, hence the amount of news clips. I don't recall G posting about life here as he's not lived here yet

As Badge states Vash does post some excellent stuff however he posts a shed load of incorrect stuff as well and usually conveniently ignores anyone who point's out the mistakes
This is not intended as an attack upon Vash I just find it frustrating when things are posted that can and do send out the wrong message to prospective migrants .
Old Sep 12th 2006, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

Does Australia have Gypsies?

Stacey xx
Yes, but we are called grey nomads and we tend to gather at beaches in comparatively isolated areas (we still have them although they are under some pressure: see recent 4 Corners episode ABC TV) and fish.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 9:42 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cresta57
Yes it was intended as a humorous tongue in cheek reply, it was however entirely factual as you can judge for yourself below:

Vash's one word answer NO. Incorrect Australia has thousands of Gypsies who get together for a festival in Bendigo S.A every year

In the "What are the real living costs in Brisbane?" Jad N Rich post their actual living costs and the cost of rates in the area [remember it's a question on Brisbane rates] Vash then rips apart the post and I quote "Rates @ $2168 a year That's absolutely obscene" again that actual cost is backed by the majority of people who live in Brisbane not in some redneck hick town in S.A or anywhere else so how do you knock !k off of that? Do you just refuse to pay the council?

On the bananas thread Vash quotes "Australia lost 95% of her entire banana crop in Cyclone Larry" Incorrect The whole of FNQ only grows 85% of Australia's bananas and the whole of the FNQ area wasn't affected by Larry.

On the 22 drive by shootings thread again Vash incorrectly states they're not common despite there being 22 in only three months.

In the changing plugs thread Vash shows a photo's of a retro fit U.K plug and compares it to an Aussie moulded plug inferring again incorrectly Aussie ones are better as U.K appliances have also been fitted with moulded plugs since before we left there three yrs ago.

On the "New Qld gov't advert on electrical installation" thread despite the actual advert being seen by many QLD residents Vash disputes it's existence because he can't find evidence of it on Google.

Grayling by his own admission posts most of his stuff in defence of the U.K when people are slating the U.K and bigging up Australia, hence the amount of news clips. I don't recall G posting about life here as he's not lived here yet

As Badge states Vash does post some excellent stuff however he posts a shed load of incorrect stuff as well and usually conveniently ignores anyone who point's out the mistakes
This is not intended as an attack upon Vash I just find it frustrating when things are posted that can and do send out the wrong message to prospective migrants .
I'll concede the point on specific posts from Vash as I don't follow all of his posts.

Grayling does make posts about life in Australia - he even starts threads with them. I never said he posted his own experiences.

Given all that I still find that Vash's posts (generally) are a better reflection of my life in Australia than Grayling's posts - but maybe this is something that varies from state to state and I'm willing to accept that Grayling's posts provide a better reflection of your life in Queensland.

Old Sep 12th 2006, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

christinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Banksia
Yes, but we are called grey nomads and we tend to gather at beaches in comparatively isolated areas (we still have them although they are under some pressure: see recent 4 Corners episode ABC TV) and fish.
Im an Aussie and have never in my life seen nor heard of Gypsies ( as in Travellers) in this country. In fact , I didnt know they still existed till I went to the UK. If u were to ask the average Aussie if we had them, they would say no.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 10:11 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't always agree with Vash or his views nor Grayling for that matter however I respect them and our differences.

commenting on a board member in a personal way smacks of big brother and gang mentality, especially when performed by a moderator who should know better. Everyone has a right to an opinion, including moderators, however there is a line of responsibility which you don't cross.

Moderators commenting on a personal level stinks.

This does nothing but harm to a forum member and aim to lose them credibility.

It's called subjugation and it's disgusting

I thought I knew you better. I'm hoping this is a big misunderstanding.

Long term forum members, regardless as to their opinions, deserve more respect than this
Old Sep 12th 2006, 10:19 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mrsperthforme
I come from Dorset and used to dread the Great Dorset steam fair, wich is held just outside my home town. The gypsies would turn up a week before the fair and be there a month later. A group were barred from Tescos for shoplifting so they sent the kids in to p*ss in the freezers :scared:
that wouldnt be the gypos from mannings heath would it ? i loved the great dorset steam fair .There was always a lot of gypos in parkstone [poole ].
Old Sep 12th 2006, 10:21 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by christinabell
Im an Aussie and have never in my life seen nor heard of Gypsies ( as in Travellers) in this country. In fact , I didnt know they still existed till I went to the UK. If u were to ask the average Aussie if we had them, they would say no.
Gypsies = proper ethnic group
Traveller =general bludger who does sweet fa
Tinker =usually irish and roam about doing dodgy tarmac jobs and driving flash mercedes
Gypsies are a specific ethnic group and are generally dark skinned and have their own lingo ,my grandma was a gypsy and was the last in the line before the family gave into conventionality .I only remeber one saying in gypsy and that was ''pani on the frip ''loosely translated to its raining on the window.
I dare say we are all gypsys if we look back far enough ,and arnt those coming or going to and from australia just following the gypsey way of life .

Last edited by sassenach; Sep 12th 2006 at 10:27 am.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57

The meeting is to do with people of Romany blood..... most of which are not lliving a travellers lifestyle.... thats why Aussies dont know gypsies as such. Most Aussies would definitely say Gypsies do not exist in this country. As I stated earlier in the thread.

My rates are circa 1400 Aud.... I live less than 8ks from Melbournes CBD, and my house is worth over 400 K

Grayling.... until he seemed to realise that I was married to someone in actute psych.... and was willing to talk about it. Was forever posting crap that he read in newspapers about the Psychiatric services here, which he obviiously knows **** all about... apart from newspaper reports.

Drive by shootings dont seem to happen at all in Melbourne.... Although Gangland murders happen big time here.

Electrics....I'ts probably a good idea that no one in Q'land touches anything that requires more than 2 mins attention span.

Bananas.... Hmm didnt realise that FNQ ONLY grew the insignificant amount of 85 pct..... doubt if that made too much difference to the price.

Plugs.... well they should be saved for the anally fixated and shoved straight back up the butt.

Plus you can read a Members response to a Mods response in order to resume some ..........B A L A N C E........
Old Sep 12th 2006, 10:36 am
Banned

Stacey xx
Yes ,the black australian is a gypsy ,if white man hadnt subjegated him to the materialistic values and work based economy ,he would be wondering around the country only taking what he needed and owning nothing.A true gypsy as far as im concerned .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.