Guy Fawkes

Old Sep 30th 2004, 8:16 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Guy Fawkes

Sitting here listening to the first fireworks of the season that are scaring my pets witless, makes me think ... do they celebrate Guy Fawkes in Aus?
Old Sep 30th 2004, 8:27 pm
Just Startin'

scotpandj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Guy Fawkes

I dont mind one night of fireworks...it is the 5 or 6 weeks leading up to the 5th that i object to.I hope they dont have the same problems in Oz.....like phone boxes and bins exploding

Scotpandj
Old Sep 30th 2004, 8:37 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scotpandj
I dont mind one night of fireworks...it is the 5 or 6 weeks leading up to the 5th that i object to. Scotpandj
Exactly. There's 5 weeks to GFN and they don't stop when it's over!
Old Sep 30th 2004, 8:40 pm
Just Startin'

Guy Fawkes has a lot to answer for
Old Sep 30th 2004, 8:47 pm
Loving life in Brissie

cagandchris will become famous soon enough

Guy Fawkes has a lot to answer for
He has!

Last year on Nov 5th my dog, who is terrified of fireworks ran off and hid we don't know where and was out all night and we didn't find him until 2pm the next day. He was at the other side of town, had crossed a number of main roads, stunk of fish (!!) and was very very sorry for himself! All the time he was missing I was hysterical. I think fireworks should only be allowed in organised events and should not be sold to idiots who terrorise animals (and some people!) for weeks at a time!
Old Sep 30th 2004, 8:50 pm
Just Startin'

Amen to that.......Maybe the government should visit this forum
Old Sep 30th 2004, 8:52 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cagandchris
I think fireworks should only be allowed in organised events
Too right. We live opposite a little cut through type alleyway thing and the number of bangers going off in there is just ridiculous in the weeks before Nov 5th.
Old Sep 30th 2004, 9:00 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

I dont mind one night of fireworks...it is the 5 or 6 weeks leading up to the 5th that i object to.I hope they dont have the same problems in Oz.....like phone boxes and bins exploding

Scotpandj

Is it just me or do they get louder ever year? Its like watchin a war film :scared: I bloody hate them!
Maybe my ear drums are becoming more fragile with age?!!
Donna.
Old Sep 30th 2004, 9:03 pm
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy

PortJackson is on a distinguished road

Could be worse ~just think if you lived next to Disney Land you'd have it 365
Old Sep 30th 2004, 9:03 pm
Loving life in Brissie

cagandchris will become famous soon enough

When I was searching for my missing dog on 6th November, everyone I spoke to said that they thought they had got a lot louder and lasted a lot longer than previous years.

Originally Posted by madsad
Is it just me or do they get louder ever year? Its like watchin a war film :scared: I bloody hate them!
Maybe my ear drums are becoming more fragile with age?!!
Donna.
Old Sep 30th 2004, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Sitting here listening to the first fireworks of the season that are scaring my pets witless, makes me think ... do they celebrate Guy Fawkes in Aus?
Not quite sure why aussies would celebate the overthrowing of the british government in 1600 but no we dont

Litigation laws and insurance claims have banned most fireworks apart from under very strict control such as in the middle of Sydney harbour on New Years eve.

Black market fireworks easily available if you have the need tho.
Old Sep 30th 2004, 9:14 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Good news if your moving to Qld firecrackers are banned. There may be a ban in other states too. Do a google search.
I'd better clarify that before someone jumps down my throat. General public may not legally purchase firecrackers. They do have organised displays on special occasions.

http://www.nrm.qld.gov.au/mines/expl...raft_code.html

Last edited by cresta57; Sep 30th 2004 at 9:17 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2004, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Good news if your moving to Qld firecrackers are banned. There may be a ban in other states too. Do a google search.
I'd better clarify that before someone jumps down my throat. General public may not legally purchase firecrackers. They do have organised displays on special occasions.

http://www.nrm.qld.gov.au/mines/expl...raft_code.html
I clicked on that and laughed, its just so aussie a big set of rules headings and guidelines. Does anyone have the guidelines for farting yet Sorry better go to work now.
Old Sep 30th 2004, 9:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I clicked on that and laughed, its just so aussie a big set of rules headings and guidelines. Does anyone have the guidelines for farting yet Sorry better go to work now.
Gets a bit like that doesn't it! I'm starting to wonder if I need a licence to breathe.......
Old Sep 30th 2004, 9:53 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Not quite sure why aussies would celebate the overthrowing of the british government in 1600 but no we dont
- but funnily enough, the New Zealanders *do*! The best firework display I've ever seen was the one they have on Wellington Harbor every year on 5 Nov. It's a big organised display, in a spectacular setting, lasts for ages and has been just as good each time I've seen it.

Yes, I know the Aussie New Years' Fireworks in Sydney/Melb are the best in the world (of course!), but I've not seen those yet

Anya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.