Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

GUTTED !!!!!!!!!!!

GUTTED !!!!!!!!!!!

Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:23 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GUTTED !!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
got reply back from DIAC they have asked us to redo our PCC and resend them.............that will then give us til May next year.

Cheaper flights and more time to save save save.

We have both decided that its for the best to get the Mrs fixed properly before we goto start our new lives.
Great news hopefully a better exchange rate by then too!
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:22 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoolsB
Great news hopefully a better exchange rate by then too!
Wahey who knows lol.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Only just found this i hope your doing ok and op went well. Good luck

Suexx
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:34 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suesk
Only just found this i hope your doing ok and op went well. Good luck

Suexx

yeh as far as we know it went really well she is in Plaster Knee Brace right now and hopefully shall be home 2moro.........i then should get 5 days off compassionate leave to look after her and i am going to ask for another week on top.

Its been a very hard 2 weeks as alot of ppl on here know.

All sorted now really glad about the VISA info.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:17 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, just want to say thanks everyone for help/wishes etc...

am 'lazing' around at home now

weve looked at plans and discussed with consultant - he worked in melbourne - he says my knee would probably last longer in oz than here due to the climate etc - he doesnt want me to go until he can give me all clear - which is common sense, he thinks i'll need a bit of a clean up inside, after xmas as there was so much bonegrafting done...but he's all for me continuing recuperation over there which is great news - hes hopefull my knee will last out 10 - 15 years before i need a full replacement.
so roll on april - that gives me time to learn to walk again and maybe get a parttime job to help with our saving...

i had cancelled non essentials here last month - with the plan of us going in sept/oct - needless to say i have already reinstated sky!!!
kat xxx
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:36 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katsmajic
Hi, just want to say thanks everyone for help/wishes etc...

am 'lazing' around at home now

weve looked at plans and discussed with consultant - he worked in melbourne - he says my knee would probably last longer in oz than here due to the climate etc - he doesnt want me to go until he can give me all clear - which is common sense, he thinks i'll need a bit of a clean up inside, after xmas as there was so much bonegrafting done...but he's all for me continuing recuperation over there which is great news - hes hopefull my knee will last out 10 - 15 years before i need a full replacement.
so roll on april - that gives me time to learn to walk again and maybe get a parttime job to help with our saving...

i had cancelled non essentials here last month - with the plan of us going in sept/oct - needless to say i have already reinstated sky!!!
kat xxx
My OH's sister had a nigthmare with her knee a few yrs back-not as bad as yours by the sounds of it but she spent alot of time eating take out infromt of tv! Perhaps you could try to write a best selling novel whilst you're out of action? The next Harry Potter perhaps...
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:44 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoolsB
My OH's sister had a nigthmare with her knee a few yrs back-not as bad as yours by the sounds of it but she spent alot of time eating take out infromt of tv! Perhaps you could try to write a best selling novel whilst you're out of action? The next Harry Potter perhaps...
koh has just said we should have done a blog - with the journey weve been on so far!!!
ive taken on the managers position for our rugby club - want to stay involved as i cant play etc and as im now going to be here for the season...keep me out of a bit of mischief...

typically i had handed in my months notice at work the morning i broke my leg - it felt really good but its a bummer now as i only get one months sick pay - instead of the 3 that ive already been signed off for.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Just want to send my best wishes on your recuperation. Keep your chin up youll b in oz b4 u know it

Take care

Suexx
Old Aug 18th 2007, 2:26 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katsmajic
typically i had handed in my months notice at work the morning i broke my leg - it felt really good but its a bummer now as i only get one months sick pay - instead of the 3 that ive already been signed off for.
Hi Kat,

in case you didn't know this: once your sick pay has ended (because of the one month notice period), you are entitled to Incapacity Benefit.

How it works: When you get to the end of the one month, ask your employer to give you form SSP1 (your employer *has* to fill it in and give it to you).

Then download the forms for Incapacity Benefit here:
http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/...08025.xml.html
(scroll down to nearly the bottom of the page and there are the forms)

Good luck with the leg. And glad to hear that you've got an extension on the visa validation!

Gina
Old Aug 19th 2007, 7:31 am
broken but got a visa! :

Thanks all,
thanks Gina - i was going to look into incapacity thanks for that link - makes life easier.

just to share the details i didnt just break my leg - i did it spectacularly -
ive had my tibia plateau rebuilt - the bit behind the knee where the tib/femur meet and the femur sits and works to make the knee/leg bend, i had broken off a 3rd, which became depressed - hell i would too - and smashed the next 3rd into a 'jigsaw puzzle' the inside 3rd was intact.
the amazing surgeon took a (huge) graft off my hip/pelvis (made it into paste/polyfiller), raised up the depressed bit (was 2cm below where it was meant to be ) then used the 'polyfiller' bit to fill in/support under the 'still depressed/squished' bit and to bind all the bits of the puzzle together - he then plated both sides and pinned it and did a smooth finish to the top with my 'polyfiller'
i had a vision of a little trowel being used...took just under 4 hours in all.

surgeon was really pleased with his work - hes top knee surgeon - so im going with his positiveness - im going to need a full knee replacement but looking at 10-15yrs now not 3yrs...going to be a long road to full recovery and i'll never play competative sport again but at least ill be able to run round with my kids

cant believe how heavy my cast brace is - its a 2piece, toes to knee then full thigh - with hinge bits inbetween the knee space - to allow me to start moving the knee. and my hip is really sore - 7inch scar - he said he took alot - i think im going to be lopsided!!!
the ligaments are ok thankfully - bit sore obviously.
i'll be going into a brace in a few weeks - very smart one it is too - got dials and alsorts!
i'll prob be living on pc for the next 3 months - until i can learn to walk again properly - so looking forward to being an active member again
feels better to have off loaded that lot...
kat xxx
Old Aug 19th 2007, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice

It's pretty cool what surgeons can do!

Hope your leg heals fast!
Old Aug 19th 2007, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
got reply back from DIAC they have asked us to redo our PCC and resend them.............that will then give us til May next year.

Cheaper flights and more time to save save save.

We have both decided that its for the best to get the Mrs fixed properly before we goto start our new lives.
Best wishes to you. Hope it works out ok and the op goes well.