Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

GUTTED !!!!!!!!!!!

GUTTED !!!!!!!!!!!

Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:06 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute
Default GUTTED !!!!!!!!!!!

We got our meds request today, but they are already at LCU

I should be overjoyed, well i am a lil bit happy.

but we have got one massive issue the mrs has only gone and broke her leg and has to undergo knee reconstruction surgery on weds.

she is going to be in a full cast for 8 weeks then has to start the rehab process which could take 8 months altogether.

We just cannot belive what has happened, we are going to continue with the process but get in touch with DIAC and see if they will grant us some sort of extension to our Validation period..........

Has onyone ever had an extension to theirs.

Any help would be great.

Thank you from a rather deflated KOH !!!
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of
Default Re: GUTTED !!!!!!!!!!!

Can't help with the questions but just wanted to say how sorry I am for you and hope your wife's surgery is a success. All the best

Nic
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your bad news, wishing your wife all the best for the op and a speedy recovery.
I'm sure one of the senior members on here will be able to advise about the validation etc.
Best wishes

Sammy
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:36 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

sorry,not an extension as I am on 457 so dont have any particular date to validate visa so my accident didnt affect that.I hope someone else can help you.

good luck to you and love to your wife hope all turns out ok
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:40 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
We got our meds request today, but they are already at LCU

I should be overjoyed, well i am a lil bit happy.

but we have got one massive issue the mrs has only gone and broke her leg and has to undergo knee reconstruction surgery on weds.

she is going to be in a full cast for 8 weeks then has to start the rehab process which could take 8 months altogether.

We just cannot belive what has happened, we are going to continue with the process but get in touch with DIAC and see if they will grant us some sort of extension to our Validation period..........

Has onyone ever had an extension to theirs.

Any help would be great.

Thank you from a rather deflated KOH !!!
If the worst comes to the worst and you have to fly out to validate before she is fully fit why not send her in a business class seat with you (and family?) in he back.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant future

Hope she's ok, good luck for Wed tell her.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:52 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MOONLIGHT
Hope she's ok, good luck for Wed tell her.
Thanks for the good wishes guys.........one way we could get around the validation date is to redo the wifes pcc, this would then give us til May next year to validate.

i reckon i will have to give DIAC a call and get an answer straight from the horses mouth me thinks.

Thank you all xx
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:23 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the good wishes guys.........one way we could get around the validation date is to redo the wifes pcc, this would then give us til May next year to validate.

i reckon i will have to give DIAC a call and get an answer straight from the horses mouth me thinks.

Thank you all xx
As far as I am aware ..had you not already done your meds, you could have got an extension to get them done....but there is NO extension for validation. If the pcc's have already been done then surely they will use them and not one that you do now.

I hope your wife is not in too much pain the daft bugger, it ppush comes to shove I am sure she will be able to fly and validate...mite even get put in a wheelchair and get on the plane first. Keep yer spirits up guys (aye and the bevvy) She'll be right mate!!!
Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all xx
Get in touch with your case officer asasp and get new police checks. Once the visa is issued its nigh on impossible to change the validation date, but if you get hold of them beforehand you might be in with a chance of extending with new pccs.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 11:40 am
Loving it in SA

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Get in touch with your case officer asasp and get new police checks. Once the visa is issued its nigh on impossible to change the validation date, but if you get hold of them beforehand you might be in with a chance of extending with new pccs.

We dnt know who our CO is i just got an email asking for our meds.

I am going to give DIAC a call tonite..........where can i get the number from polly?
sorry to be cheeky
Old Aug 13th 2007, 11:39 am
Loving it in SA

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Sent emails to DIAC 2 of them last week and we have not heard anything back, its doing my head in.

Dnt know what else to try................
Old Aug 13th 2007, 12:24 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a remedial therapist. The rehab process following the operation can be handled anywhere in the world and not just in the UK.

Your surgeon will simply be referring to a physiotherapist anyway and notes can be taken with you to a physio of your choice.

Don't get hung up on trying to delay the whole validation process for something which can quite easily be dealt with in Australia, and if I'm honest the quality of care will be better as well.

Have a chat to the surgeon and discuss that. It shouldnt be an issue at all.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 12:50 pm
By the sea

sparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of light

Wow thats pretty full on. Hope your wife makes a speedy recovery.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise depending which side of the house you stand
yellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to all

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, Hope it does not cause too many probs and she gets better as soon as poss.

Good luck with everything my fingers are crossed for you.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:46 am
Loving it in SA

Originally Posted by yellowmellow
Sorry to hear about your bad luck, Hope it does not cause too many probs and she gets better as soon as poss.

Good luck with everything my fingers are crossed for you.

got reply back from DIAC they have asked us to redo our PCC and resend them.............that will then give us til May next year.

Cheaper flights and more time to save save save.

We have both decided that its for the best to get the Mrs fixed properly before we goto start our new lives.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.