Gun Crime figures..

Gun Crime figures..

Old Jul 27th 2010, 6:36 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Gun Crime figures..

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I'll start building my bunker now.
But how many of those were toy guns ?

Like the robbery yesterday, and all over every news channel last night .

Old Jul 27th 2010, 6:43 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

First of all, ten people are killed on the roads everyday in the UK. A car is a loaded gun when driven badly.

We were in Melbourne on 21st June. We were walking from Parliament House down towards the MCG. Only by chance that we heard somewhere that a gunman was on the loose. What do you do? Hide? Or just carry on? We carried on like the hundreds of other people. It was all over the news, hideously over reported and hyped up, you'd think the whole of Melbourne had been in lock down. The news report bore no resemblance to what actually happened.

Either your number is up, or it isn't. The incidences of innocent people being killed or injured by a stranger are very small indeed.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

MartyK will become famous soon enough

So what are those figures showing exactly?

Are they showing that Sydney has the same figure in gungrime per year, than the entire UK per year?
Old Jul 27th 2010, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Does Australia also have the problem of underage sex/pregnancy.

I think the statistics (i heard on the radio) a couple of years ago now over in the UK. Was something like 1 in 10 girls under the age of 14 have had some kind of sexual intercourse. I could be wrong but i think they were the statistics in about 2005 or 2006..

What's Australia like for this kind of thing?
Old Jul 27th 2010, 7:52 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by MartyK
So what are those figures showing exactly?

Are they showing that Sydney has the same figure in gungrime per year, than the entire UK per year?
No, they are showing the UK figures from the link quoted in the post above.

And they are also showing some Sydney gun crime figures broken down by local area, so that people can see what parts of Sydney are more prone to gun crime than other parts of Sydney.

Old Jul 27th 2010, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Ive gotcha!

I think the UK will look like it has more gun crime because of the population being around 64 million so you would expect there to be higher gun crime rates i suppose..

I often wondered if theres a way these people measure gun crime etc without bringing population into it if you know what i mean? Because i think AU is 20 million or something and i think UK is about 64 million..
Old Jul 27th 2010, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Anybody.... No?? DUST!!
Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:32 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody.... No?? DUST!!
Marty it takes "balls " to live in Australia .....Enough said.....MM
Old Jul 27th 2010, 1:29 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Does Australia also have the problem of underage sex/pregnancy.

I think the statistics (i heard on the radio) a couple of years ago now over in the UK. Was something like 1 in 10 girls under the age of 14 have had some kind of sexual intercourse. I could be wrong but i think they were the statistics in about 2005 or 2006..

What's Australia like for this kind of thing?
May I ask why you are asking?
Old Jul 27th 2010, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

It takes balls to live in Australia? LOL

Try living in Camberwell mate.

Last edited by MartyK; Jul 27th 2010 at 1:58 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 3:51 pm
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Moving to Australia because England is going to the dogs is beyond stupidity. Crime rates here ar higher and most british migrants can only afford to live in the poorer dangerous suburbs that they would be likely to avoid if they were living in the UK.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:46 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

ABC have you any figures for melbourne suburbs?

To the OP , Australia is a very safe place to live. Crime regardless of any statistics is very low from my impression. Things that really affect people like house break ins and muggings are low compared to UK and Irish citys.

Sure there is gun and knife crime but if you do not enter the late night service station industry you should be right.

However your question about teenage pregnancy thats not something you can move country to get away from. All thats needed for that is teenagers.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:50 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weebie
Moving to Australia because England is going to the dogs is beyond stupidity. Crime rates here ar higher and most british migrants can only afford to live in the poorer dangerous suburbs that they would be likely to avoid if they were living in the UK.
Huh .....

I work with a guy from Manchester and what we call a dangerous suburb here (Melbourne) would not even rank as risky back in the UK.

pull your head in
Old Jul 27th 2010, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Stab proof vest time.

Quite seriously was told by an older pommy migrant, that her grandkids in the UK had to wear stab proof vests as part of the school uniform

I think the poor old duck was the typical sort of migrant who has become stuck in OZ and was trying to justify her life here
Old Jul 27th 2010, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

stevie87db is just really nicestevie87db is just really nicestevie87db is just really nicestevie87db is just really nicestevie87db is just really nicestevie87db is just really nicestevie87db is just really nicestevie87db is just really nice

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Stab proof vest time.

Quite seriously was told by an older pommy migrant, that her grandkids in the UK had to wear stab proof vests as part of the school uniform

I think the poor old duck was the typical sort of migrant who has become stuck in OZ and was trying to justify her life here
I live just outside Glasgow mate and that does happen here no joke! There is metal detectors in high schools searching for guns and knifes at the main entrances.

I don't know about Britain on a whole but do no that in Scotland there is gun crime but more Knife crime. Strathclyde hospitals on average treat 40-50 knife wounds a day (School days) double or even triple that on weekends. Glasgow has only a population of 400,000 and is dubbed 'Murder Capital Of Europe'! Glasgow has over 400 gangs running the streets everyday, most of the members ageing from 12-25 out there face on drugs and no education, there is only one outcome here!! Thats just 1 of our city's! I will take my chances in Australia any day!!

[/U][/B]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.