Gulf Air

Old Jun 3rd 2006, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

Little Miss Sunshine has a brilliant futureLittle Miss Sunshine has a brilliant futureLittle Miss Sunshine has a brilliant futureLittle Miss Sunshine has a brilliant futureLittle Miss Sunshine has a brilliant futureLittle Miss Sunshine has a brilliant futureLittle Miss Sunshine has a brilliant future
Default Gulf Air

Hi, We are returning to the U.K for a holiday in 2 weeks with Gulf Air. Has anyone flown with them before and are they any good?

Thanks
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 1:24 pm
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future
Default Re: Gulf Air

I've flown with Gulf Air. Never again!

The plane was dirty, the staff were rude and incompetent. Even checking in was a joke (the check in clerk didn't have a clue what she was doing, and had to keep getting up to go ask her friend. At one point she got up, went off somewhere, and didn't return for 20 minutes. Leaving a huge que of passengers.)

Hope your flight is a lot better. Good luck.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mctree

The plane was dirty, the staff were rude and incompetent. Even checking in was a joke (the check in clerk didn't have a clue what she was doing, and had to keep getting up to go ask her friend. At one point she got up, went off somewhere, and didn't return for 20 minutes. Leaving a huge que of passengers.)

I had a flight 8 years ago which couldn't gain height for 1 hour because of control problems. Then had fuel problems.

Another flight crashed off Bahrain in 2000 killing all on board.

Flights from Europe were good and clean, from Middle east onwards were dirty.

Could have all changed by now though.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

Wow....Bet you are looking forward to your flight now eh
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweenies
Wow....Bet you are looking forward to your flight now eh

Yeh, feeling a bit guilty now.

Look, airlines like Gulf Air fly hundreds of flights each week. They are bound to have a few bad ones every now and again.

Singapore Airlines had a horrific crash in Taiwan in 2001/2(?) but I'd still fly with them.

Malaysian Airlines had a really dodgy flight into Perth a few months back - I'd still fly with them.

British Airways - bad crash in Manchester 1985 - I wouldn't ever fly with them - not because of the crash but because of their crap service - makes every flight a living hell.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 3:52 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mctree

Sounds like my experiences of Emirates. I know every airline has bad days, but I'd rather use a "Far East" one, rather than a "Middle East" one, any day.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

My parents travelled with them this year and were not very impressed. They were OK, but they said they had the same food options on each leg of the flight and only had 'foreign muck' as my dad would say - no western option.
Also service was average, and in general they gave the impression it was pretty basic. They have been to Oz eight times and this was the most disappointing of the flights. Nothing specifically bad, just not as good as others.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello there , some up to date comments here, we flew with Gulf Air this year from Larnaca to Sydney return. Planes going out were a bit old but the return ones were modern with individual screens etc. The planes were virtually full so not much leeway there. Food was ok, service slowish but ok and check in was brill. 5 mins at Sydney, could not believe it!!!!!!!! A bit pi***d off at the delay taking off though, standing on the runway for an hour with the claim that they had left someone behind! All in all not bad really, though Singapore Airlines are my faves and set the standards.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

kbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant future

Wouldn't even go there, pay a bit extra and fly with someone else. Used to know a lot of folks who worked for Gulf Air when I was living in Bahrain and the stories were shocking.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 4:27 am
Just Joined

Little Miss Sunshine has a brilliant futureLittle Miss Sunshine has a brilliant futureLittle Miss Sunshine has a brilliant futureLittle Miss Sunshine has a brilliant futureLittle Miss Sunshine has a brilliant futureLittle Miss Sunshine has a brilliant futureLittle Miss Sunshine has a brilliant future

Well I was really excited about going back, but now i'm getting jittery. we only booked with Gulf Air as they were the cheapest that we could get off the internet. We arent expecting anything fantastic, but to get there in one piece would be good!!

Will let you know how it goes when we return.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 4:36 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine
Well I was really excited about going back, but now i'm getting jittery. we only booked with Gulf Air as they were the cheapest that we could get off the internet. We arent expecting anything fantastic, but to get there in one piece would be good!!

I've flown with them and they were nothing special, but not really anything to complain about. They did cancel our return flight but got us onto Emirates reasonably efficiently.
As for their safety, I'm an aircraft engineer and I flew on them, and there are plenty that I wouldn't consider, so make your own mind up.
If you want good service and safety stick to UK carriers, (particularly the one with a big red tail and V from the UK ), may not be the cheapest, but miles better than some others.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 4:40 am
Just Joined

Thanks Tom Sawyer,

Assuming I do return, I will let you know what my experience was. I would have loved to fly with the big red V but finances didnt permit, maybe next time.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 11:28 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine

I flew with them last July and my son flew with them a bit before that - I found them resonable enough. I organised to use the showers in Bahrain and arrived refreshed and happy. I spent over four hours chatting with the air stewardesses who where all lovely and really helpful. All four planes inbound and outbound where clean and modern and I even ate the food.

Because of cost I aways fly the cheapest I can, with four of us and flying as often as we can even if it is separate. We are off to Spain in four weeks and I will be using Cathay this time but would fly Gulf again no problem. I cannot afford anything dearer, earning Aussie pesos keeps my budget tight

Cheers Sandra