Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which? Guide to long haul airlines

Which? Guide to long haul airlines

Old Jul 2nd 2008, 10:48 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which? Guide to long haul airlines

Just had the latest copy of Which? through my door and thought you might like to have the top 10 long haul airlines;

1. Singapore Airlines
2. Jet Airways
3. Air New Zealand
4. El Al Airlines
5. Emirates
6. Qatar Airways
7. BMI
8. Etihad Airlines
9. EVA air
10. Malaysia Airlines.

They scored them on comfort, pre flight, cabin staff, cleanliness, dealing with delays, entertainment, food and value for money.
This was a survey was sent to 200,000 Which? readers, and is based on the 30,059 responses received, so it's quite subjective.... but the more people you ask the better picture you get I suppose!
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:08 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which? Guide to long haul airlines

Seems like a fair list.....surprised not to see Thai up there though as they are pretty good in economy. Not surprised to see BA and Qantas missing from the list either! I'd love to give Jet Airways a go, not sure if they fly to Aus yet though.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

![/QUOTE]

Singapore gets the nod for "customer experience" , but Emirates shorter travelling time- Emirates wins.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by alipally
4. El Al Airlines
El Al Airlines? That sounds like something I ate while flying on Etihad Airways

Mikey
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 2:40 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mindblower
!
Singapore gets the nod for "customer experience" , but Emirates shorter travelling time- Emirates wins.[/QUOTE]

About 30 mins? I must admit like Emirates for service and their timings to UK but they're hardly shorter flight time wise - just seems like it without the 13 hour sector.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 10:16 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
About 30 mins? I must admit like Emirates for service and their timings to UK but they're hardly shorter flight time wise - just seems like it without the 13 hour sector.
Many of their flights are now going non-stop Dubai to Aus....that is a 14 or 15 hour flight depending on which direction you are going! That might be just a little too long for some people.

Agreed though, the current time difference is nothing for London airports, although the great thing about Emirates is they fly to regional airports in the UK like Glasgow and Newcastle. Not having to transit through London is a real bonus...and there is a big time saving not having to worry about Heathrow.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:24 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I've just flown back from California on a Singapore Airlines Boeing 777-300ER. These planes have, without a doubt, the best economy class setup I have ever experienced. Extra legroom, fairly comfortable seats, superb entertainment system that has a larger screen, USB port so that you can look at your own photos or watch a video on your own USB drive, great food etc. The plane was brand new too. I don't think SIA fly the 300ER into Australia though.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:26 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Many of their flights are now going non-stop Dubai to Aus....that is a 14 or 15 hour flight depending on which direction you are going! That might be just a little too long for some people.

Agreed though, the current time difference is nothing for London airports, although the great thing about Emirates is they fly to regional airports in the UK like Glasgow and Newcastle. Not having to transit through London is a real bonus...and there is a big time saving not having to worry about Heathrow.
Emirates have the shortest, most direct flight between Perth and the UK.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:55 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I don't think SIA fly the 300ER into Australia though.
It does one of the daily Melbourne flights I think.