Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hi to everyone...

Hi to everyone...

Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:23 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
SilverH's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Wiltshire...
Posts: 58
SilverH is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hi to everyone...

Just wanted to introduce myself.... My OH and I are in the process of applying for skilled migration. We have two children aged 4 and 2. We have been to Aus on a WHV and have decided to make the big move once and for all, after applying and then deciding not to go last year, we decided the reasons for staying weren't that good afterall so are now determined to go through with it.

Glad to meet you!

SilverH is offline  
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:42 pm
  #2  
Finally in Melbourne!
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Geelong
Posts: 382
ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice
Default Re: Hi to everyone...

Originally Posted by SilverH View Post
Just wanted to introduce myself.... My OH and I are in the process of applying for skilled migration. We have two children aged 4 and 2. We have been to Aus on a WHV and have decided to make the big move once and for all, after applying and then deciding not to go last year, we decided the reasons for staying weren't that good afterall so are now determined to go through with it.

Glad to meet you!

Hi SilverH and welcome. At least you have been and experienced it before hand. There are many on here (me included) who have never been Good luck with your application
ittakesages is offline  
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:50 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
SilverH's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Wiltshire...
Posts: 58
SilverH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi to everyone...

Originally Posted by ittakesages View Post
Hi SilverH and welcome. At least you have been and experienced it before hand. There are many on here (me included) who have never been Good luck with your application
Thanks... its still a nerve wracking experience despite having been before. We have applied for my OH's skills assessment with the ACS and hope to apply early August. He is sitting his IELTs at the end of July so hopefully it will all come through in time.
SilverH is offline  
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 6:15 pm
  #4  
Finally in Melbourne!
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Geelong
Posts: 382
ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice
Default Re: Hi to everyone...

Originally Posted by SilverH View Post
Thanks... its still a nerve wracking experience despite having been before. We have applied for my OH's skills assessment with the ACS and hope to apply early August. He is sitting his IELTs at the end of July so hopefully it will all come through in time.
My OH had to have his skills assessment with ACS. It didn't take too long, although it seemed it at the time. When we first started applying all we wanted to do was pass with ACS and the medicals (we were both a little overweight ) We applied for the visa in December and passed the medicals in Jan and it's been a very long wait ever since. Mind you, there are plenty of people who have been waiting a lot longer than me
ittakesages is offline  
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 6:24 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
SilverH's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Wiltshire...
Posts: 58
SilverH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi to everyone...

Originally Posted by ittakesages View Post
My OH had to have his skills assessment with ACS. It didn't take too long, although it seemed it at the time. When we first started applying all we wanted to do was pass with ACS and the medicals (we were both a little overweight ) We applied for the visa in December and passed the medicals in Jan and it's been a very long wait ever since. Mind you, there are plenty of people who have been waiting a lot longer than me
Wow thats ages! We were hoping to move October next year! I have no patience for this whole process. I mean ... how long does it take for someone to say .. yeah on paper everything looks fine.
SilverH is offline  
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 6:35 pm
  #6  
Finally in Melbourne!
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Geelong
Posts: 382
ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice
Default Re: Hi to everyone...

Originally Posted by SilverH View Post
Wow thats ages! We were hoping to move October next year! I have no patience for this whole process. I mean ... how long does it take for someone to say .. yeah on paper everything looks fine.
Don't worry. We applied at the worst time really. Last September the criteria changed for applicants which meant that there was a huge surge of applicants in August trying to beat the deadline. We just got caught up in the bottle neck really. Also, since September last year, you have been able to apply online which also should speed things up going forward. They are currently processing November applicants now and seem to be firing them out this week so fingers crossed it won't be too long for either of us
ittakesages is offline  
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:59 pm
  #7  
BE Forum Addict
 
Bix da Boss's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Cairns FNQ, a bit of paradise on earth:-)
Posts: 1,104
Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi to everyone...

Hi
Good luck to you with your visa applications! It sure is a waiting game but one worth playing!

Bix da Boss is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.