Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Guess who passed their driving test!!

Old Jun 15th 2005, 12:07 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Guess who passed their driving test!!

Some info about it here http://s10.invisionfree.com/Expats_i...p?showtopic=27

Old Jun 15th 2005, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations
Old Jun 15th 2005, 12:15 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bridiej
Thanks Bridie, you're a star

Just out of curiosity - do you work? You seem to be on here every time I come on. I work part-time and seem to have forgotten all about housework since I became addicted!!!
Old Jun 15th 2005, 1:01 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Thanks Bridie, you're a star

Just out of curiosity - do you work? You seem to be on here every time I come on. I work part-time and seem to have forgotten all about housework since I became addicted!!!
Yes, work from home on the PC about 12 hours a day, keep being naughty though and popping on here!
Old Jun 15th 2005, 1:02 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
Yes, work from home on the PC about 12 hours a day, keep being naughty though and popping on here!

Naughty naughty, still want they don't know won't hurt them...
Old Jun 15th 2005, 1:10 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by logan
I have no idea ... let me take a wild stab in the dark ... could it be YOU ????

Congratulations
Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Thank you Anne4Terry and KatieStar! Yup, no flies on you Vegemite Kids!!!
Every now and then last night I'd say to Barina Boy (Mr Logan), 'did I mention I passed my driving test?!'
Soooo we'll just have to wait and see how he gets along today or tomorrow when he sits it.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 7:12 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by logan
Thank you Anne4Terry and KatieStar! Yup, no flies on you Vegemite Kids!!!
Every now and then last night I'd say to Barina Boy (Mr Logan), 'did I mention I passed my driving test?!'
Soooo we'll just have to wait and see how he gets along today or tomorrow when he sits it.
Congratulations what a feat passing it before Mr Logan!!!!!!!

How much does it cost each time to sit the theory test? And how long do you get on your UK license?

Lynn
Old Jun 16th 2005, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Congratulations what a feat passing it before Mr Logan!!!!!!!

How much does it cost each time to sit the theory test? And how long do you get on your UK license?

Lynn
Hiya Lynn,

It costs about $15.00 and you can attempt to sit it once a day. The book to study is about $10.00 but you can have ours if you want, (I'm sure we'll meet up soon enough!) You get 3 months grace on your UK licence! But don't leave it till the last minute!!!! like us!!
Old Jun 16th 2005, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barina Boy passed his test. Yes Mr Logan passed as well and is now legally driving around in his little Barina...although is anyone really legal driving that thing!!! All I can say is, thank god I passed it first!
Old Jun 17th 2005, 4:10 am
Gone surfin'

Soi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
What do you have to do in WA then to change your UK licence to an Australian one?

HUGE congratulations logan.
From http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/mylicence/visit.html

You can transfer your interstate drivers licence by personally attending a licensing centre (Cash, Cheque and EFTPOS only), or licensing agent (Cash and Cheque only) between the hours of 8:15 am and 4:30 pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). A computerised theory test on WA road rules in not required if you produce your interstate licence.

Before you attend a licensing centre or agent you must take the following documentation:

· your interstate drivers licence or a combination of driver licence details/letter from the interstate driver licence issuing authority
· proof of your identity, one primary document and one secondary document (originals only). You must also produce your interstate drivers licence that is current or that has expired less than 5 years
· proof of your WA residential address
· one document that shows your signature
· pay an application fee of $ 40.90 together with the standard $ 33.10 (1 year) or $ 105.00 (5 year) licence fee

You must also pass the appropriate eyesight standard tests and other WA requirements
Transferring your overseas drivers licence

To transfer your overseas driver licence you must personally attend a licensing centre (payment by Cash, Cheque or EFTPOS only) or a licensing agent (payment by Cash or Cheque only) between the hours of 8:15 am and 3:45 pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).

Before you attend a licensing centre or agent you must take the following documentation with you:

· your current overseas drivers licence.
· proof of your identity, one primary document and one secondary document (originals only)
· proof of your WA residential address
· one document that shows your signature
· pay an application fee of $ 40.90 together with the standard $ 33.10 (1 year) or $ 105.00 (5 year) licence fee. Only cash, cheque or EFTPOS is accepted

Once you have presented your documentation you are required to:

· Undergo a computerised theory test on Western Australia's road rules and safe driving practices. The test comprises of 30 multiple-choice questions of which you must get 24 correct to pass. You can download a copy of the Drive Safe book containing the rules of the road or obtain a copy from a licensing centre
· Undergo an eyesight test
· Undergo a practical driving assessment (if required)

After you have passed all three assessments and paid your application fee of $ 40.90 together with the standard $ 33.10 (1 year) or $ 105.00 (5 year) licence fee you will then be issued with a WA drivers licence.

A full list of application fees including pensioner concessions is available.
Countries exempt from taking the computerised theory test

Holders of drivers licenses from the following recognised countries are exempt from taking the computerised theory test on the road rules. Applicants who hold motorcycle class equivalents are also exempt form the motorcycle theory test.
Austria

France

Luxembourg

Spain
Belgium

Germany

Netherlands

Sweden

Canada

Greece

New Zealand

Switzerland
Croatia

Ireland

Norway

United Kingdom
Denmark

Italy

Portugal

United States of America

Finland

Japan

Singapore
Old Jun 17th 2005, 8:21 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi Logan & Barina Boy,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done to both of you - and in the nick of time eh!!!!

You did the right thing swatting up first - not like us!!

Shell
xx