Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

greythorn 457 visa

greythorn 457 visa

Old Jul 19th 2005, 2:50 pm
Where's the bbq?

wandrews will become famous soon enoughwandrews will become famous soon enough
Default greythorn 457 visa

Has anyone gone over on a 457 sponsorship by Greythorn as an IT Contractor, and can offer some advice.

Including any recommendations, issues, support etc,etc..
Old Jul 19th 2005, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

tonyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: greythorn 457 visa

Originally Posted by wandrews
Has anyone gone over on a 457 sponsorship by Greythorn as an IT Contractor, and can offer some advice.

Including any recommendations, issues, support etc,etc..
hi there,we are going on a 457 visa wat infor do you require,and were are you going,cheers tonyy
Old Jul 19th 2005, 5:29 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: greythorn 457 visa

Originally Posted by tonyy
hi there,we are going on a 457 visa wat infor do you require,and were are you going,cheers tonyy
We're also going over on a 457 Visa - is it specifically Greythorn that you're looking for info on though?
Old Jul 19th 2005, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tygwyn
We're also going over on a 457 Visa - is it specifically Greythorn that you're looking for info on though?
Hi tygwyn wher abouts are you settleing in oz tonyy
Old Jul 19th 2005, 5:46 pm

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi tygwyn wher abouts are you settleing in oz tonyy
We're going to Richmond which is about 1 1/2 outside Sydney - other half has got a job with Qantas at the RAAF base there. How about you?
Old Jul 19th 2005, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

We're going to Richmond which is about 1 1/2 outside Sydney - other half has got a job with Qantas at the RAAF base there. How about you?
Hi tygwny,good news to here that other people are settleing in the same sort of area,my office which i will be working from is lidcombe not so far away i think,but no sure,but i will be working all over sydney,as iam a service engineer,but settleing in north rocks,castle hill area.
Old Jul 19th 2005, 6:44 pm

Hi tygwny,good news to here that other people are settleing in the same sort of area,my office which i will be working from is lidcombe not so far away i think,but no sure,but i will be working all over sydney,as iam a service engineer,but settleing in north rocks,castle hill area.
Castle Hill isn't far from Richmond at all I believe! Do you know when you're going? We're hoping to get our Visa in the next 2 weeks and then its just a case of the dreaded house selling business! Not looking forward to that!
Old Jul 19th 2005, 9:05 pm
Where's the bbq?

wandrews will become famous soon enoughwandrews will become famous soon enough

Primary info on greythorn would be great, but general information on 457 would be usefull.

I know very little about this visa, and only just started gathering info. Being only a temporary visa it is all a bit more risky than the likes of a 136 visa or is it?

What is the route to PR from 457?

Are you an IT contractor?, have you set up your own business or are you going under an umbrella company?...
Old Jul 19th 2005, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: greythorn 457 visa

Castle Hill isn't far from Richmond at all I believe! Do you know when you're going? We're hoping to get our Visa in the next 2 weeks and then its just a case of the dreaded house selling business! Not looking forward to that!
Hi tygwyn,if i were you,put your house up for sale asap,it along process ive been messed around twice now and when its gets closer to moving out there and your house is not sold it becomes a problem.its called stress iam going through this at the moment,but hopefully ive just dropped the price for the currant buyer,and things look good they are happy but we are not,but we need to sell quick,and thats wat happens the buyers think theve got you by the nuts because you need to sell quick and they have,so put the house up asap you can always back out.if the house goes through quick it should be 8 weeks or so,but i have to go to germany for some extra training first which is three weeks so not far off handing my notice in,just wating for the training dates from my compony in oz,the housing market is not good at the moment.cheers tony
Old Jul 19th 2005, 9:40 pm

Hi tygwyn,if i were you,put your house up for sale asap,it along process ive been messed around twice now and when its gets closer to moving out there and your house is not sold it becomes a problem.its called stress iam going through this at the moment,but hopefully ive just dropped the price for the currant buyer,and things look good they are happy but we are not,but we need to sell quick,and thats wat happens the buyers think theve got you by the nuts because you need to sell quick and they have,so put the house up asap you can always back out.if the house goes through quick it should be 8 weeks or so,but i have to go to germany for some extra training first which is three weeks so not far off handing my notice in,just wating for the training dates from my compony in oz,the housing market is not good at the moment.cheers tony
Hi Tony

We've been thinking a lot about this and know that you're probably right. The only problem is that Gray won't be given a offer of employment as such until the visa is officially through and they keep emphasing not to sell up etc beforehand. They are certainly very keen to get him out there though as soon as the visa is given. Only another two weeks to wait now hopefully. We've got a valuation on Friday and we'll see where we go from there!
Old Jul 19th 2005, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by wandrews
Primary info on greythorn would be great, but general information on 457 would be usefull.

I know very little about this visa, and only just started gathering info. Being only a temporary visa it is all a bit more risky than the likes of a 136 visa or is it?

What is the route to PR from 457?

Are you an IT contractor?, have you set up your own business or are you going under an umbrella company?...
We're actually being sponsored by an employer - hubby is an airframe technician. There is an excellent thread on the front page regarding 457 Visa, it pretty much tells you all you need to know - heres the link:-

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266447

We will be applying for employer sponsored PR as soon as we arrive.
Old Jul 19th 2005, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: greythorn 457 visa

Hi Tony

We've been thinking a lot about this and know that you're probably right. The only problem is that Gray won't be given a offer of employment as such until the visa is officially through and they keep emphasing not to sell up etc beforehand. They are certainly very keen to get him out there though as soon as the visa is given. Only another two weeks to wait now hopefully. We've got a valuation on Friday and we'll see where we go from there!
HI all i can say is i hope you dont go through wat ive been going through if the compony wants you they will wait,but only for so long the get abit P@ssed off with you telling them your not ready its only wat ive hered but mine are ok at the moment,but i now no work is piling up,so they said to me full steam ahead,so i would start cracking the wip,otherwise more and more stress,cheers tony