Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

with great pride, and a tinge of embarressment i have to inform you...

with great pride, and a tinge of embarressment i have to inform you...

Old Apr 28th 2005, 12:33 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Talking with great pride, and a tinge of embarressment i have to inform you...

That last night i joined the Berwick womens footie team.

I must be mental :scared:

I had a few stunning moments of crapness. I go to take my first mark. Picture a 2 legged scooby doo on ice skates (the grass was very wet people) and i took a dive and got myself a face ful of sand.

My first kick was equally as crap, i looked like i was playing freking soccer

As the time went on i got marginally better and my scooping the ball up and hand balling out was passable.

Then joy of joys the coach calls us in, ahhh i thinks, its over!! OMG!! it so wasn't!! We had to run in 2 teams end to end get everyone in the fifty meter circle, then score. We lost and coach shouts "loosers down and do 10!!"" At this point i actually wanted to cry This goes on for about 15 mins.

Then (thank you god) it was over and we had to do a lap TO COOL DOWN!! Hello?? Do any of you guys know the size that oval becomes after 2 hours training.????

This am i have taken myself out for a light jog to try to run out the aches in my legs i looked like a zombie i reckon.

I don't think Nick Reivolt (SP!) needs to worry too much about a replacement just yet
Old Apr 28th 2005, 12:46 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: with great pride, and a tinge of embarressment i have to inform you...

Originally Posted by hevs
This am i have taken myself out for a light jog to try to run out the aches in my legs
That's the spirit! No pain no gain.
Here's a tip - make sure you're on the winning side next time
Old Apr 28th 2005, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: with great pride, and a tinge of embarressment i have to inform you...

Hevs go girl, bet you will have a big following now, keep us updated
Old Apr 28th 2005, 1:17 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

How's the ball bouncing skills

A.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 1:17 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Swifts
Hevs go girl, bet you will have a big following now, keep us updated
The crowds will be huge, jostling for position, all with one word on their lips...

"hevs!!!!"
Old Apr 28th 2005, 1:18 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go, Hun!!

You've got two countries barracking just for you now!!

Siren
Old Apr 28th 2005, 1:33 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hevs
I must be mental :scared:
Yes you are, Good on ya tho

Kala
Old Apr 28th 2005, 3:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you Hevs!

Lets have total role reversal - I'll send The Bloke down to be a cheerleader for your team......
Old Apr 28th 2005, 5:28 am
Badge

mate I am seriously impressed. It's a bloody skillful game, just wait till you're punting across the pitch to the forward pocket. Can I come and watch?

nice to see people getting stuck in. The vets teams are great, if you are reasonably fit you can look like a star easily without some 18 year old swanning past the final 10m.

When punting, top tip, *drop* the ball on to your boot, don't try to lob the ball first or rush the kick. Start with small distances and then build up. You''ll be amazed how accurate you'll get eventually.

I can come over and have a kick with you if you want.

badge

Last edited by Badge; Apr 28th 2005 at 6:03 am.

Old Apr 28th 2005, 6:04 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Good on ya Hevs, Ive never met anyone who loves there footy like you & Leah.
Let us know when your first game is, I'll be there & of course I won't bring my camera.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 6:41 am
Part of that group......

vickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant future

Hiya

Well done Hevs, go for it...show the guys how it is done !! We will all be there for your first game cheering you on !! :-))
Old Apr 28th 2005, 6:44 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
How's the ball bouncing skills

A.
It still smarts a little but shes getting the hang
Old Apr 28th 2005, 6:49 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Originally Posted by HUP
It still smarts a little but shes getting the hang
And i thought it was only me that lowered the tone ( apart from Bill)

Good on ya Hevs will bring Chloe along to watch with the camcorder..
Old Apr 28th 2005, 7:45 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by johanne
And i thought it was only me that lowered the tone ( apart from Bill)

Good on ya Hevs will bring Chloe along to watch with the camcorder..
If Chloes coming I'm bringing the ear plugs.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 9:34 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

woohoo hevs!
way to go girl!!

rugby meself....anyone know if they have a womens rugby team in brissie??

sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.