Gravy Granules

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:10 am
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Gravy Granules

Originally Posted by Wendy
I'm Ok with things I've done a few times, but really bad at new things (until I get the hang of it)

Just have to practise a few times until you get it how you like it
Surely that would be the same with real gravy.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:20 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I NEED oxo's

How do you do it without? come on educate me
http://www.deliaonline.com/cookery-s...avy,40,AR.html
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:24 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Take the meat out of the roasting tin and use the juices left in the bottom as a basis.

Put tin on hob -if it's chicken add large glass of white wine, a squeeze of lemon and some chopped garlic (optional) and season to taste. Cook off some of the alcohol stirring continuously scraping at the brown yummy bits at bottom of pan.

If it's beef or lamb add some red wine, some stock (if there aren't enough juices i.e. if you've used a really lean joint), some thyme or rosemary (preferably fresh) and stir as above. You can add flour to thicken if you like..or a spoonful of redcurrant jelly..

Simple takes 5 mins
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:25 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

My Mum had promised befre we leave for Australia in January that i will be making proper gravy. I do use juices from the meat now and the stock is my veg jiuce ...it's just that i still mix it up wiith a load of bisto

I am bringing some bisto in the container but hopefully i wont use it.........
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:26 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoolsB
Take the meat out of the roasting tin and use the juices left in the bottom as a basis.

Put tin on hob -if it's chicken add large glass of white wine, a squeeze of lemon and some chopped garlic (optional) and season to taste. Cook off some of the alcohol stirring continuously scraping at the brown yummy bits at bottom of pan.

If it's beef or lamb add some red wine, some stock (if there aren't enough juices i.e. if you've used a really lean joint), some thyme or rosemary (preferably fresh) and stir as above. You can add flour to thicken if you like..or a spoonful of redcurrant jelly..

Simple takes 5 mins
Now thats sounds yummy !!!

Do alot of people use wine to make gravy ?
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:31 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

I find the gravy from Aldi is the best yet. I think its called chefs kitchen or something like that Our local Safeway started to sell Bisto but now its gone, forever seems like..
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:09 am
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Issie
Now thats sounds yummy !!!

Do alot of people use wine to make gravy ?
I always use it, excuse to drink the rest of the bottle!
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by benny the ball
I always use it, excuse to drink the rest of the bottle!
...good one
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

I use meat juices to make gravy along with wine also.

But sometimes I use concentrated bouillon, do they sell that in Oz?
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 9:00 am
Humble vaudevillian

Originally Posted by kezzabird
I use meat juices to make gravy along with wine also.

But sometimes I use concentrated bouillon, do they sell that in Oz?
Make your own. Good rich stock, bit of wine and reduce it down. Freeze and use when you want - perfect.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Actually a thought just occurred to me. I like to add some HP to my gravey when we are having sausages and also to cottage pie, can you get HP or something similar is Oz?
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoolsB

Simple takes 5 mins

Thankyou both. Will try them

Originally Posted by Issie
My Mum had promised befre we leave for Australia in January that i will be making proper gravy. I do use juices from the meat now and the stock is my veg jiuce ...it's just that i still mix it up wiith a load of bisto
And me, but with oxo

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Actually a thought just occurred to me. I like to add some HP to my gravey when we are having sausages and also to cottage pie, can you get HP or something similar is Oz?
Yup, they sell HP sauce here
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Yup, they sell HP sauce here [/QUOTE]

Oooh great! thanks for that
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:40 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

So how do you make gravy with no meat juices.

My lot love roast potatoes - no meat just gravy.

Sorry I am a die hard Bisto fan....too easy for the time I have available.

Cheers
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sandra
So how do you make gravy with no meat juices.

My lot love roast potatoes - no meat just gravy.

Sorry I am a die hard Bisto fan....too easy for the time I have available.

Cheers
You can try making a vegetable stock and adding vegemite or other yeast extract, it gives a meaty flavour and thicken it up with some cornflour. I usually use concentrate bouilon which has a very strong meaty flavour and thicken with cornflour and cold water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.