Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Grandparents Family Court Custody Order?

Grandparents Family Court Custody Order?

Old Apr 27th 2016, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grandparents Family Court Custody Order?

Good luck with the solicitor, Cresta! The lack of communication between social services in the states has long been a huge issue - many families just up sticks and move when things begin to get a bit warm for them and the new state gets no information or recognition of risk. I can't imagine how awful this must be for you and for the kids!
Old Apr 27th 2016, 8:39 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

The solicitor is a good start.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 9:49 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

No advice, but thoughts are with you. What a crappy situation.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 9:52 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Can the police locate and if so, are they able to let you know?
They haven't broken the law in NSW other than the drug taking/dealing that police suspect is ongoing in the majority of homes in the street [very rough area] There's nothing we can do re the break in at ours unless they return to QLD.
I spoke to a senior constable in NSW and although they are "on the radar" there's little that can be done. Tomorrow will be crunch time as police, housing commission officials and contractors are booked to change the locks on the property they have defaulted on. We've been told their furniture is still inside so I'm guessing there will be a confrontation. They show up high and can be arrested.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 10:40 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry about your situation, can't offer help I'm afraid but hoping for a speedy a good result for your grandkids!
Old Apr 28th 2016, 1:57 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by cresta57
They show up high and can be arrested.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 2:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

What an absolutely terrible situation for you and the kids to be in Cresta. I can't provide any help either but hoping that everything works out in the best interests of your grandchildren. Hope your solicitor can provide you with a positive solution.

It seems an appalling situation were children can fall through the net like this and all the agencies don't seem able to work together to foster a solution. Especially given that you are able to provide them with a safety-net. It's nothing short of criminal.

Also keeping that the parents are arrested.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 6:17 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
What an absolutely terrible situation for you and the kids to be in Cresta. I can't provide any help either but hoping that everything works out in the best interests of your grandchildren. Hope your solicitor can provide you with a positive solution.

It seems an appalling situation were children can fall through the net like this and all the agencies don't seem able to work together to foster a solution. Especially given that you are able to provide them with a safety-net. It's nothing short of criminal.

Also keeping that the parents are arrested.
Well no news this morning re the eviction. I did have a phone call from their previous school principle who, unfortunately, could not give me specific details about absenteeism. She did in a round about way confirm that there was a history of unexplained absence and that the school had escalated the matter to the education board and had advised that home schooling may be an option. I couldn't help quip that making a bong was hardly an appropriate science project.
Solicitor appointment tomorrow
Old Apr 28th 2016, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Cresta. Sometimes it's useful to mobilise the press. I've done that myself on occasion, here, and it has indeed been useful. (In such a small town as Tenterfield, the local newspaper might not be sympathetic to your cause, but you never know.) Good luck.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 10:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
Cresta. Sometimes it's useful to mobilise the press. I've done that myself on occasion, here, and it has indeed been useful. (In such a small town as Tenterfield, the local newspaper might not be sympathetic to your cause, but you never know.) Good luck.
Unfortunately Gordon, Cresta and his family are not in a unique situation. This type of story is rife wherever you go and the government departments that are supposed to support and help people like Cresta just tell you they have their hands tied etc etc and you spend so much time frustratedly going from one agency to the next to try and get some joy. It's physically and emotionally draining to say the least.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 11:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow

Yes that's what I would do.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 12:11 am
`

I couldn't help quip that making a bong was hardly an appropriate science project.
Solicitor appointment tomorrow
Love the black humour Cresta.

Well. tomorrow Mr lovely caring Grandad.

Wait a minute !

Home schooling Where?
Old Apr 29th 2016, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by BEVS
Love the black humour Cresta.

Well. tomorrow Mr lovely caring Grandad.

Wait a minute !

Home schooling Where?
I said that as well lol
Solicitors was a waste of both of our times. How can it "possibly" cost upwards of 10k and "possibly as much as 14k" to apply to the family court for a custody order?
I think he looked at us and thought "These are good for a few thousand k"
I'll be looking at alternative options that were mentioned above.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 6:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I said that as well lol
Solicitors was a waste of both of our times. How can it "possibly" cost upwards of 10k and "possibly as much as 14k" to apply to the family court for a custody order?
I think he looked at us and thought "These are good for a few thousand k"
I'll be looking at alternative options that were mentioned above.
I love your humour too, sometimes it's the only thing that gets you through. If the parents can't manage to get them to a school, they aren't going to have the inclination to teach them at home!!!!

Well I was really hoping that the solicitor could help you, so I'm extremely disappointed and annoyed for you. Looks like the media may be your best bet at this stage.

I'm appalled that this is allowed to happen in 2016. It appears that the various authorities are complicit in the abuse of these children by their omission to act.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 7:20 am
`

*achor.

Can you apply direct to the family court?

Getting the backing of the school, police , social services.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.