Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Grandparents Family Court Custody Order?

Grandparents Family Court Custody Order?

Old Dec 30th 2016, 8:58 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grandparents Family Court Custody Order?

Originally Posted by BEVS
A perfect end for your year 2016 Cresta.

Tough 2017 ahead of course but at least the girls are now safe and you are together as a family and can begin to repair their lives.

All of this.

I'm sure there will be some tough challenges ahead for all of you but have no doubt that you have the strength and fortitude to see them through.

Good luck to you all x
Old Dec 30th 2016, 9:27 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so pleased that the girls are now safe and will be getting the help they need.
Old Dec 30th 2016, 10:22 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
A perfect end for your year 2016 Cresta.

Tough 2017 ahead of course but at least the girls are now safe and you are together as a family and can begin to repair their lives.

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
The girls are so lucky to have you both.
+1

It may be a long road ahead to full recovery for the girls, but with you two guiding them I'm sure they will get sorted out and be happy lasses again soon.

So glad and happy for all of you.

Old Jul 25th 2017, 12:55 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

It's been a long time since I updated this thread, today I can do that:
After a long and hard year we have had a positive result in the NSW Children's Court yesterday. We are now full time carers for our beautiful granddaughters. Setback after setback with lies and deceit entered as sworn truths, justice for the girls has been very hard fought. Way back in February FaCS withdrew any prospect of restoration to the parents, there's a multitude of reasons but they don't matter now. I didn't want to prejudice any outcome with a slip of the tongue on here.
The girls have come on leaps and bounds and are thriving in their new school. One is an avid reader and often goes to the nursing home where Deb works to read to the residents. The other is a sports nut that takes part in everything she can: Last Thursday their regular swim classes, Friday we had an inter schools comp that both attended, Saturday we went to the races and Sunday was the Pomona King of the Mountain in which primary school kids compete in a relay 4X700m. Their team came in a respectable 15th out of 38. Where/how we find the time to do all these activities I don't know.
Work is taking a bit of a back seat [for me] as they now catch the bus at 07:50 so it limits my work time. I now work my business around their schooling, more private work and no builders with rigid schedules. We're all slowly coming to terms with the situation we've found ourselves in and the kids are a bit more relaxed. Our social life is a bit more geared around camping and kid activities though we still meet up with our mates in the city occasionally for a few drinks or footy/cricket/rugby. The girls love T20, the Broncos and also The Titans after they stayed in the same hotel and had breakfast with the players, I'm going to have to watch them as they were swooning at the Jarrods, Wallace & Hayne especially when he asked her if she wanted bacon in the breakfast queue.
The dog and I have developed an unspoken system where when the volume of playing, quarrelling siblings or preteen music reaches that point he looks at me I nod and we go for a long quiet walk, even he's adapted well lol.
Life is good for us all, long may it stay that way.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 1:10 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
After a long and hard year we have had a positive result in the NSW Children's Court yesterday. We are now full time carers for our beautiful granddaughters. Setback after setback with lies and deceit entered as sworn truths, justice for the girls has been very hard fought. Way back in February FaCS withdrew any prospect of restoration to the parents, there's a multitude of reasons but they don't matter now. I didn't want to prejudice any outcome with a slip of the tongue on here.
The girls have come on leaps and bounds and are thriving in their new school. One is an avid reader and often goes to the nursing home where Deb works to read to the residents. The other is a sports nut that takes part in everything she can: Last Thursday their regular swim classes, Friday we had an inter schools comp that both attended, Saturday we went to the races and Sunday was the Pomona King of the Mountain in which primary school kids compete in a relay 4X700m. Their team came in a respectable 15th out of 38. Where/how we find the time to do all these activities I don't know.
Work is taking a bit of a back seat [for me] as they now catch the bus at 07:50 so it limits my work time. I now work my business around their schooling, more private work and no builders with rigid schedules. We're all slowly coming to terms with the situation we've found ourselves in and the kids are a bit more relaxed. Our social life is a bit more geared around camping and kid activities though we still meet up with our mates in the city occasionally for a few drinks or footy/cricket/rugby. The girls love T20, the Broncos and also The Titans after they stayed in the same hotel and had breakfast with the players, I'm going to have to watch them as they were swooning at the Jarrods, Wallace & Hayne especially when he asked her if she wanted bacon in the breakfast queue.
The dog and I have developed an unspoken system where when the volume of playing, quarrelling siblings or preteen music reaches that point he looks at me I nod and we go for a long quiet walk, even he's adapted well lol.
Been meaning to message you. So good to hear they're settling and you're all finding the best way forward. I can't imagine it's easy, you must be having nightmare occasions but every photo I've seen they look relaxed and happy so you're doing something right.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 1:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

You must have read my mind...over the weekend I was wondering how things were going in the 'grumpy old man's' house.

Really excellent update. It is wonderful that you have been able to give the girls a loving, stable home to thrive in. They are very lucky to have you both.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 1:16 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Sounds like things are going well, so pleased for you all

Love the comment about the dog
Old Jul 25th 2017, 3:11 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

So great to hear that things have settled down so well, very, very happy for you all.

Rosemary
Old Jul 25th 2017, 4:06 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Very pleased to hear all is going well with all of you.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 7:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

So pleased to hear this.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 9:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful news, cresta. I often think of you and the mrs. and the girls. I have yet another friend our age who was made guardian of her grandson because daughter's lifestyle is detrimental to the health and well being of her grandson.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 11:32 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news for you all. I'm happy that you are providing the love and stability the girls need.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news. Lovely to have a happy ending :-)
Old Jul 26th 2017, 4:19 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Good one all round & thanks for updating us all.
Old Jul 26th 2017, 6:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

So good to hear that positive update! The girls are so lucky to have you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.