Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Grandparents Family Court Custody Order?

Grandparents Family Court Custody Order?

Old Sep 9th 2016, 10:30 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grandparents Family Court Custody Order?

Originally Posted by cresta57
Now it's all over child protection are very helpful. I spent a good hour on the phone to them this afternoon and they want us to get NSW police clearance we have to go through a vetting process to ensure our home is a safe environment and a few other hoops to jump through. After that we will be registered as respite foster carers for our own gds.
We're still smiling lol and I had the best nights sleep in months last night.
That's such brilliant news after all you have been through.
Old Sep 9th 2016, 10:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

So happy for you and especially those beautiful children. x
Old Sep 10th 2016, 3:18 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Now it's all over child protection are very helpful. I spent a good hour on the phone to them this afternoon and they want us to get NSW police clearance we have to go through a vetting process to ensure our home is a safe environment and a few other hoops to jump through. After that we will be registered as respite foster carers for our own gds.
I've been following this for so long, I feared for a successful outcome.

So very happy for you, the Mrs. and the GD's that they are out of that environment and in a place of safety.

Have the other grandparents been given full guardianship of the children already (meaning they have been taken away from their mother and father and cannot be returned without court intervention) or is that something that is currently in the process of being done?

Will the girls be given psychological assistance in helping them cope with past abusive living conditions and with making a successful transition to a normal environment? I know at one point one of the GD's didn't want anything to do with you. Has this changed for the better? Still a few more miles to go for you all but at least they are safe and your mind is relieved.

Last edited by Rete; Sep 10th 2016 at 3:20 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2016, 9:15 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Right - definitely time to change that avatar from 'grumpy poppy' to 'lovely poppy'
Old Sep 10th 2016, 9:44 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I've been following this for so long, I feared for a successful outcome.

So very happy for you, the Mrs. and the GD's that they are out of that environment and in a place of safety.

Have the other grandparents been given full guardianship of the children already (meaning they have been taken away from their mother and father and cannot be returned without court intervention) or is that something that is currently in the process of being done?

Will the girls be given psychological assistance in helping them cope with past abusive living conditions and with making a successful transition to a normal environment? I know at one point one of the GD's didn't want anything to do with you. Has this changed for the better? Still a few more miles to go for you all but at least they are safe and your mind is relieved.
I spoke to the child protection officer at length and as it stands the parents are allowed zero contact at the moment. Eldest is safe and well with grandparents, youngest is in emergency foster care 700k away from her sibling [and 1100k or 12hrs drive from us] As the parents did a runner to Gosforth nsw from Tenterfield nsw and previously from up here in QLD the actual office coordinating the case is in Gosford. Given the circumstances she believes that there's little or no chance of that changing without them attending rehab. As our daughter is still in denial about taking drugs and he refuses to even be tested [she passed a single test] it will be a long time coming.
The other grandparents are going to be clased as long term foster parents as they are both retired [though nan cleans the local school 2 hrs a night] This gives them access to a lot more money for the Grandkids, up to $600 per fortnight for both as long as they reciept the expenses. If they went for full custody they would lose that so for financial security for the girls child services advice keeping the status quo.
Now that there is a care order going before the courts both kids will be able to attend counselling sessions. The younger one will probably need it more while the elder is akin to an adult in a 10yr olds body very pragmatic young lady. We drove down to see her a couple of weeks ago and she was such a changed person away from her parents. She's reconnected with all of her aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces and also both Debs and my parents who are all in the U.K. This is via a very strictly monitored fb page, her aunt and myself know the password and can monitor who she friends, she doesn't know the password so cannot alter her settings. Previously her mum had blocked every family member isolating her from reaching out to anyone.
If we get our working with children permits approved in the next three weeks they are coming to stay for the school holidays, weird that we need official approval but I guess it's for their own protection.
A problem that we have talked about is that in the past we have always offered our daughter [and gd's] a safe home here with us in the event she leaves her partner. This will not be an option now given the state of play regarding her access the the kids. She's still welcome but would have to vacate whenever they come to stay.
Old Sep 11th 2016, 4:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the detailed update, Cresta

Difficult situation because the mother is your daughter and it is hard to separate your love and feelings and want for a better life for her and your love and want for a better life for your gds. They don't always mesh, do they.

Still keeping you all in my thoughts.
Old Dec 30th 2016, 1:55 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been a bit quiet on the updates lately as things took a nosedive mid September when we found that we were being excluded from the granddaughters life [the one that lived with the other grandparents] She was being brainwashed that it was all our fault and that our daughter was the reason her dad took drugs and was violent.
The youngest, whilst in foster care, opened up about a lot of stuff mainly about why she was terrified of going to the paternal grandparents [we didn't know about this at the time] It turned out that they also grow/smoke drugs and that "Nan" drinks until she passes out. Pop bashes nan and knocked nans teeth out were just a few of the things we discovered.
Out of the frying pan as it were for the eldest. Child protection have been extremely diligent in their vetting process and it has taken since september to compile all the necessary reports and interview all parties etc.
As the youngest was in emergency foster care during that time we had weekly contact calls and as a result we were asked if we would care for her for a few weeks respite while her foster family went overseas. Awesome news for us as we got to have Christmas with her. She was flown up from Sydney and we picked her up at the airport on Dec 7th.
The eldest was supposed to come when school finished but there were a few issues put in place by the other grandparents, without going into detail they were the final nail in the coffin for them as carers.
Both sets of grandparents and both grandchildren along with a couple of managers from CP [facs] and a child minder to take the girls away for the day agreed to meet in Toowoomba on the 28th Dec. We arrived at 9am and were told we had met the necessary criteria for becoming the girl's foster carers, we were also told that the other grandparents had not. No details given just that if we could no longer manage them then the only available option was a foster home. The other grandfather lost the plot and left leaving us to work out visiting rights etc with Nan, she struggled a bit but we made it through without any major issues.
As of Wednesday the girls are now living with us It has been a long and exhausting few months but now they're both safe and well we can work to rebuild their lives and get them the help that they so desperately need. It hasn't been an easy couple of days, I don't expect it to be for a while but with time and professional help we'll get there.
Old Dec 30th 2016, 3:39 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

As of Wednesday the girls are now living with us It has been a long and exhausting few months but now they're both safe and well we can work to rebuild their lives and get them the help that they so desperately need. It hasn't been an easy couple of days, I don't expect it to be for a while but with time and professional help we'll get there.
That is brilliant news Cresta, I really hope that everything now works out for you all.
Old Dec 30th 2016, 6:10 pm
Concierge

What a heartwarming end of 2016 for the Cresta household. I'm thrilled with your news and thankful that CP, for once at least, was on the ball and did things properly and came to the right conclusion. I'm praying that the parents stay far, far away from your house and the girls.

Old Dec 30th 2016, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Cresta! Here's to a much better year ahead for your new little family! Hope the girls settle well and revel in the security of a stable and loving home - you guys deserve a medal!
Old Dec 30th 2016, 7:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Cresta, that's fantastic news. Mrs Cresta must be over the moon. Great outcome for you and the girls!!!
Old Dec 30th 2016, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Kim67
Wow Cresta, that's fantastic news. Mrs Cresta must be over the moon. Great outcome for you and the girls!!!
Lol you can ask her tomorrow, she'll be the one in the corner rocking and hugging herself
Old Dec 30th 2016, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol you can ask her tomorrow, she'll be the one in the corner rocking and hugging herself
Excellent, I'll skip her some valium before we chat.😁
Old Dec 30th 2016, 8:43 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

A perfect end for your year 2016 Cresta.

Tough 2017 ahead of course but at least the girls are now safe and you are together as a family and can begin to repair their lives.

Old Dec 30th 2016, 8:54 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

The girls are so lucky to have you both.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.