Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Grand Prix anyone?

Grand Prix anyone?

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 11:28 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grand Prix anyone?

We are going as we have very special tickets

But this year i am going prepared and taking proper ear defenders. Last year i had those crappy things you stick in your ears and they were pants (they will be evn more so as i had all me hair chopped off today ) I actually felt nauseous from the noise and sheer speed of spinning my head from side to side as these big noisy cars zoomed past
Old Mar 5th 2005, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

wafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by jas_uk
Cool, dont think ive seen one of those! At one point a couple of years ago we were in an airport (Malaysia?) and there was more team kit for sale in the airport shop than we had between the three of us that saw it!! And other things that we had never seen, like caps, hats etc.. ! Things are a bit better these days though
Yeah it'll get a dusting off tommorow,hope i don't get stoned by the TOIT after Stoddards latest stunt,silly man in my opinion but what the hell,after qualifying today gonna be a dismal few races till the new car comes out,Imola isn't it?
Old Mar 5th 2005, 7:29 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wafoo1
Yeah it'll get a dusting off tommorow,hope i don't get stoned by the TOIT after Stoddards latest stunt,silly man in my opinion but what the hell,after qualifying today gonna be a dismal few races till the new car comes out,Imola isn't it?
I'd love to be there maybe next year. I missed it by a week last year but had a free shave by a gillete girl in federation sq on my way to play tennis at Melbourne park.believe it or not we were then in Kl where we missed their grand prix by a single day
Old Mar 5th 2005, 8:51 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hevs

But this year i am going prepared and taking proper ear defenders. Last year i had those crappy things you stick in your ears and they were pants (they will be evn more so as i had all me hair chopped off today ) I actually felt nauseous from the noise and sheer speed of spinning my head from side to side as these big noisy cars zoomed past

Aye its a hard life being a Grid girl Hevs.
Old Mar 5th 2005, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs

You're right about the noise. I don'r mind it.

We have had the noise machine screaming away all morning. The Toys for the Boys showing off for all the F1 groupies :-) The noise can be heard several suburbs away.

Then a REAL Toys for the Big Boys came cruising overhead @ around 200 knots. Here was a proper noise maker :-) After a couple of circuits and minor aerobatics, he came back over the crowd, stood the FA18 in its rear end and hit the power. He disappeared vertically (and very noisily) into the clouds and was last heard as a receding sound as he headed back home.

30 minutes later they are finally starting back on the circuit. Perhaps their egos were temporarily displaced by some real horse power :-)))