Pants !

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

surfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the rough
Default Pants !

Just thought I would enlighten you as to the virtues of being married to an English male and not an Aussie male. NO, it's not about beer, wine, women ect - its worse. He won't let me hang HIS pants on the line to dry !! I have to dry them (even when its 33 degrees) in the tumble dryer ! Why I ask you say - SPIDERS I tell you ! I haven't got one whinge about Australia but why should he have nice soft pants (and if they are not soft - he knows they have been on the washing line!) and we haven't !!!

He'll kill me if he finds this !!!

Come on girls do you have more to tell on the UK male trying to adapt to Aussie life ?
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 3:38 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pants !

Tell him you found a roach in the dryer, and they carry so many diseases his "bits" will probably drop off with some tropical infection.

Jenny
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 4:12 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by surfdude
Just thought I would enlighten you as to the virtues of being married to an English male and not an Aussie male. NO, it's not about beer, wine, women ect - its worse. He won't let me hang HIS pants on the line to dry !! I have to dry them (even when its 33 degrees) in the tumble dryer ! Why I ask you say - SPIDERS I tell you ! I haven't got one whinge about Australia but why should he have nice soft pants (and if they are not soft - he knows they have been on the washing line!) and we haven't !!!

Come on girls do you have more to tell on the UK male trying to adapt to Aussie life ?
I'll have to pass that bit of fine wisdom on to my wife

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 4:17 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jensteve
Tell him you found a roach in the dryer, and they carry so many diseases his "bits" will probably drop off with some tropical infection.

Jenny

*Chokes on her coffee at work* LMAO Jenny!

Siren
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 7:08 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

In defence of my fellow English Arachnaphobes - fair play to him. Totally agree!!
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I've been given different advices by 2 mothers - my mum and my MIL.

My mum is totally against drying underwear on the washing line because it gets rough on the skin. She says even if you are drying your jeans on the line, you should put them in the dryer when they're nearly dry so that when you put them on, they won't be stiff! She says the same about fleeces - dryer makes them soft and fluffy.

My MIL on the other hand, being a former nurse, irons everything, even underwear, towels and socks. So if the underpants are dried on the line, steam-iron them. That makes the underpants soft AND at the same time kills the germs! I thought the whole point of hanging clothes outside to dry was that the ultra-violet light of the sun would kill the germs! So she's really double-killling the germs.

We've got a tumble dryer but still haven't got it connected. So everything's dried on the washing line. And no, I don't iron pants or socks, except when the inlaws were visiting - didn't want them to think I was depriving their son of comfortable underwear.

Mrs JTL
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 8:06 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
My MIL on the other hand, being a former nurse, irons everything, even underwear, towels and socks.
My mother does that.. If I ironed everything then I'd spend my entire life ironing!!! Grrrrr I HATE ironing!!!
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 8:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by artep
My mother does that.. If I ironed everything then I'd spend my entire life ironing!!! Grrrrr I HATE ironing!!!
Ironing underwear - sorry? what the hell for?

Towels have to go in tumble dryer unless you like drying yourself with sandpaper :scared:
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 8:57 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20

Towels have to go in tumble dryer unless you like drying yourself with sandpaper :scared:
Very funny thread!

I'm clearly in a minority, because I don't even own a tumble dryer, because I think they shrink clothes. I prefer my clothes to dry naturally. (I admit that towels are a bit sandpapery, though.)

As for ironing?! The only clothes I've got to iron are my summer dresses suitably for wear only in HOT places (like Florida and Oz). At the moment, the iron only comes out before we go on holiday. But I guess, if we get the visa, I'll have to iron a bit more. (Husband has to iron 4 shirts every week himself!)

Gina
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20

Yeah my fat bum takes out all the creases

Sue ....Funny post has made me
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 9:10 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

AND we wonder why the worlds, Enviroment is so farked.............. mm
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Laurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really nice

Originally Posted by wargod
In defence of my fellow English Arachnaphobes - fair play to him. Totally agree!!
I'll speak up in defense of the American Arachnaphobes! I had the same thought when I was visiting Australia. I was very concerned about spiders and other beasties.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Aussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really nice

I am just about to take my brit hubby back to Melb after 16 yrs in UK (not 17 as I said last week). I hope he's going to be braver about the spiders than when I met him there in '88.

One night I ran out of the bedroom screaming 'Can you get rid of that big huntsman in the bedroom'.
Big strong brit went storming in to protect his new girlfriend.
And ran out faster & screaming louder than me.

What are they like????

Needless to say, I had to get rid of it!
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 1:39 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

I'm just wondering what my British Hubby is gonna do when we get back to Queensland.. hopefully he'll just get use to a life of snakes and spiders.. they don't bother me
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 2:16 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering are the spiders not big enough for him to see before he puts his pants on then? Or are you talking trousers not undies? Or does he get dressed in the dark and thinks he won't see it until its too late?

I think I will put tumble dryer back on my list of what to take cos I can't stand towels that aren't soft.

Sorry just giggling at the thought of a spider peeping over the top of his pants as he pulls them up to his knees.

Shirley

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.