Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Grace Hotel Sydney.... Just booked a week there on special half price offer....

Grace Hotel Sydney.... Just booked a week there on special half price offer....

Old Aug 5th 2009, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

WeGottaGetOuttaThisPlace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Grace Hotel Sydney.... Just booked a week there on special half price offer....

Anyone got any personal comments/reviews on this place as we have just booked (maybe should have asked the question before we booked but it was a 72 hr 50% off sale on a Deluxe King Room and we just went for it...)

I had wanted to book the serviced apts on Pitt St but OH liked the idea of staying at somewhere we couldn't normally afford hence the Grace Hotel...

Thanks for any comments!!! Even bad ones - at least that way we can avoid the crappy rooms or the noisy parts of the hotel if they are helpful... (we will have our baby with us so want to be in CBD so we can wander around but are aware it can be really loud at night)
Old Aug 5th 2009, 11:18 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grace Hotel Sydney.... Just booked a week there on special half price offer....

Originally Posted by WeGottaGetOuttaThisPlace
Anyone got any personal comments/reviews on this place as we have just booked (maybe should have asked the question before we booked but it was a 72 hr 50% off sale on a Deluxe King Room and we just went for it...)

I had wanted to book the serviced apts on Pitt St but OH liked the idea of staying at somewhere we couldn't normally afford hence the Grace Hotel...

Thanks for any comments!!! Even bad ones - at least that way we can avoid the crappy rooms or the noisy parts of the hotel if they are helpful... (we will have our baby with us so want to be in CBD so we can wander around but are aware it can be really loud at night)
I work round the corner - it is a lovely building, and is a pretty decent hotel by all accounts. All the top guys from my company stay there, so got to have something going for it!
Enjoy your indulgence!
Old Aug 5th 2009, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Grace Hotel Sydney.... Just booked a week there on special half price offer....

Originally Posted by stevemich
I work round the corner - it is a lovely building, and is a pretty decent hotel by all accounts. All the top guys from my company stay there, so got to have something going for it!
Enjoy your indulgence!
Oh dear... Us rough lot prob won't fit in then!!! Ah well, what do they expect when they give out half price offers ha ha

Love your avatar by the way!
Old Aug 6th 2009, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

We stayed in this hotel in 2002 and its a lovely hotel. Its has an art deco foyer and lifts and the rooms are really nice. It also has the added bonus of PJ Obriens on the ground floor! I would defo recommend it.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 9:13 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Stayed there once or twice a few years back on the company - I found it pretty noisy from the reverberations of the underground which runs close by but then I hate noisy hotel rooms!
Old Aug 7th 2009, 9:20 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Check out tripadvisor reviews

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_R...uth_Wales.html
looks great
Scotty
Old Aug 7th 2009, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

This place is above PJ O Briens Irish Pub on King Street....... its only a stones throw from Darling harbour.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 10:46 am
Registered madwife!

itsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really nice

We stayed there for 2 nights last weekend, great price with Lastminute.com. Hotel is lovely, original art deco, very close to Darling Harbour and a short walk to Circular quay and the shops.

We were on the 7th floor on York Street side of building so traffic was a little noisy Monday morning but not too bad.

Enjoy!
Old Aug 8th 2009, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

I stayed there a few months ago and really liked it, I would definitely stay again. The staff were helpful and friendly and the Irish pub downstairs serves decent Guinness - what more can you want!
Old Aug 9th 2009, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

Ooooooh a decent guinness... Hubby will be pleased. Mind you, he is looking forwards to trying Hahn beer again

Great to hear good comments on the hotel.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by WeGottaGetOuttaThisPlace
Ooooooh a decent guinness... Hubby will be pleased. Mind you, he is looking forwards to trying Hahn beer again

Great to hear good comments on the hotel.
Yeah Hahn Super Dry is my choice of poison.