Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Got a touch of the green eyed monster

Got a touch of the green eyed monster

Old Feb 21st 2006, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

VanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to all
Default Got a touch of the green eyed monster

I dont really know anybody on hear but i log on every night and read all the helpful tips and all the good news that people get and i feel so jealous. i know we have only being doing all this since Oct 05 and are waiting for our TRA to come back but when you read all these lucky people who have got there visas or who are flying soon i need to turn to the wine bottle and wish it was me.
And with all the cold weather and snow today it makes it even worse.

Am i the only one who feels like this or is this normal.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 10:33 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got a touch of the green eyed monster

Originally Posted by VanessaB
I dont really know anybody on hear but i log on every night and read all the helpful tips and all the good news that people get and i feel so jealous. i know we have only being doing all this since Oct 05 and are waiting for our TRA to come back but when you read all these lucky people who have got there visas or who are flying soon i need to turn to the wine bottle and wish it was me.

I think you'll find it's pretty normal. Visas aren't an issue for us (because I'm an Australian passport holder) but if they were I'm not sure I could visit this site too often as it would drive me up the wall. I take time off from the site and peruse the real estate listings for the area we're moving to, which helps. Plus I set up a webcam on my dad's PC in Oz which I can log onto and shows their back garden complete with pool and rainbow rainbow lorikeets. Other than all that, remember there are loads of people in the same boat - and indeed plenty of poeple new to the site who are just starting out on the process of emigration and could well be jealous of you.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

VanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Hutch
I think you'll find it's pretty normal. Visas aren't an issue for us (because I'm an Australian passport holder) but if they were I'm not sure I could visit this site too often as it would drive me up the wall. I take time off from the site and peruse the real estate listings for the area we're moving to, which helps. Plus I set up a webcam on my dad's PC in Oz which I can log onto and shows their back garden complete with pool and rainbow rainbow lorikeets. Other than all that, remember there are loads of people in the same boat - and indeed plenty of poeple new to the site who are just starting out on the process of emigration and could well be jealous of you.

Thanks but that makes me worse there are some beautiful houses over there that i would love to live in but i take your point about all the people just starting out i just wished i had done this 5 years ago when my husband wanted us to go but i couldn't commit then.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I'd say it is very normal. I felt the same way when we were trying for our baby. I would feel happy for other people when they announced their pregnancies but had a green eyed monster hiding inside me.

I hope you get your good news soon.

Katie
Old Feb 21st 2006, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

bradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to all

Hey VanessaB,

Don't get down hearted.... most people on here, are or have been in the same boat....me included.....We fly out the 27th March.. .ONE WAY...so take it easy...time really does fly and before you know it...you will be on some warm sand somewhere and laughing about putting this post on expats...
Over the hill from you in Queensbury!!!!

Good Luck...
Ian
Old Feb 21st 2006, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bradfordlad
Hey VanessaB,

Don't get down hearted.... most people on here, are or have been in the same boat....me included.....We fly out the 27th March.. .ONE WAY...so take it easy...time really does fly and before you know it...you will be on some warm sand somewhere and laughing about putting this post on expats...
Over the hill from you in Queensbury!!!!

Good Luck...
Ian
Good luck for March bet you cant wait.
i am not much of a sun bather burn too easily but still would rather have sun then the cold snowy rainy weather we are having at the moment.
And yes i know Queens bury it is not far from here.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:57 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

We've all been there. That was us at the end of 2004 / start of 2005. Be patient, it will come and then you can start making plans
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 3:37 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry you are finding it tough..
I know how it feels... It took almost 1 year from when I found out I had been offered a job on a sponsorship visa until we got out here.. agonsing!
But what is worse is that although I have good secure and (relatively) well paid job here (surveyor) as well as having been offered a job by a government body, I will have to go back to the UK at the end of my sponsorship because I do not meet the points requirement to gain residency!
You hear about all these people being let in with no jobs to go to, but I cannot stay despite my steady job prospects.
Now that sucks!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:01 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevemich
Sorry you are finding it tough..
I know how it feels... It took almost 1 year from when I found out I had been offered a job on a sponsorship visa until we got out here.. agonsing!
But what is worse is that although I have good secure and (relatively) well paid job here (surveyor) as well as having been offered a job by a government body, I will have to go back to the UK at the end of my sponsorship because I do not meet the points requirement to gain residency!
You hear about all these people being let in with no jobs to go to, but I cannot stay despite my steady job prospects.
Now that sucks!
I take it you've spoken to a migration agent about your situation? Would have thought there was some solution - apologies in advance if you've explored them all.