Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Seems too good to be true!!

Seems too good to be true!!

Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:19 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Seems too good to be true!!

Got an offer on our house today, but not had any word yet about visa, (are we mad) WE NEED A CO!!! the stress levels are rising, got to try and sort out dog and cat export too, how on earth does anyone manage to sleep with all this going round our heads!! my job is CRAP can't concentrate, don't want to concentrate!! ,
the couple who want our house are willing to wait until April to get the survey done, happy to wait till July to move in.... why then do I still worry....COS I NEED A VISA AHHHH!!!! I need a life transplant!!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seems too good to be true!!

Originally Posted by soonbethere
Got an offer on our house today, but not had any word yet about visa, (are we mad) WE NEED A CO!!! the stress levels are rising, got to try and sort out dog and cat export too, how on earth does anyone manage to sleep with all this going round our heads!! my job is CRAP can't concentrate, don't want to concentrate!! ,
the couple who want our house are willing to wait until April to get the survey done, happy to wait till July to move in.... why then do I still worry....COS I NEED A VISA AHHHH!!!! I need a life transplant!!

Join the club

I've not slept properly since we started all this in September 2004 and I've got a visa.

Haven't sold the house though, so still in limbo!!!

Good luck with yours though. I'm sure you'll hear something soon.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:23 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I would give you some karma but im all out.

Our application went off yesterday and I feel as flat as a pancake.

Its the feeling that nothing you do will make a difference and that your future is in someone else's hands. Or at least the future that you planned and dream of.

I am just rying to keep myself busy and will just hope for the best.

You should start a UK scrap book and do an Aussie one to leave your family when you go, a sort of incentive to cheer them up or encourage them to visit you. (thats if you want them to visit you )

Well done on the house offer.

Good luck with it all.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Rachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud of

i'm so jealous I hope we manage to sell our house to such understanding buyers!! We think we'll have our visa granted mid April so we're putting ours on the market early April and holding our fingers tightly crossed!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:29 pm
Here and loving it!

cheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry (easier said than done ) At least things are moving in the right direction. Won't be long now

One of the things that is certain in life is 'Worrying about something won't change it'

You can forget the past, plan the future, but just enjoy the journey - it will all be worth it.

Congrats on getting the house sold.

Good luck
Cheri x
Old Feb 21st 2006, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

YAFOLEY will become famous soon enoughYAFOLEY will become famous soon enough

We are in exactly same boat! house on market / no visa yet / double life transplant needed!
Good luck with the waiting!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

terrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really nice

I'd sell up and rent why you have a buyer lined up Some buyers pull out followng a survey, if they're going to pull out at all, or start haggling again round about exchange or completion time, I'd rather get alll that out of the way.

Trust me, when you get the visa the last thing you will want is dealing with a house sale, you won't know if your coming or going.

Get the stress of the house sale out of the way then you are clear to worry out about the other stuff.

That is off course assuming that your visa is 'Likely' Wouldn't want to advise selling if it made you homeless and visa-less.

Good luck,

T
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 2:14 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's a tough call, but we put our house on the market in June - had an offer in August and exchanged contracts the week we got our visa (in late October). The house buying business is notoriously slow and there are all sorts of hic-cups that can happen. In the end, we completed on our house and left the country on the same day - looking back, not something that I'd recommend......

However, there are many many people on this forum that have their visas but can't sell their houses. Not many genuine visa applications get refused - I've not heard of one on here (perhaps someone will know differently)! I can only imagine that this would be a nightmare situation - to have the visa burning a hole in your passport, but still tied to the UK by bricks and mortar.

I would go for it, get the house sold and the visa will come.

Chin up! The weather's miserable too here today!

Jules
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 7:01 am
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute

You are all so great! I was reading all these thinking you have a point about selling up first, but then a gut wrenching oh my God feeling of what if ours is the first visa on BE to be turned down, (I am the original born worrier, my hubby has even started to think like me.... and he is the original born optimist!)
We said all along that we would need at least have the request for meds and then sellup, but if were not careful we could loose everthing. Our Agent won't commit to anything, its more than its worth for her to say a timescale, but thanks to all, you keep me on the right track..Good luck to you too!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 7:19 am
Marvin for PM

Whitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really nice

[QUOTE=soonbethere]You are all so great! I was reading all these thinking you have a point about selling up first, but then a gut wrenching oh my God feeling of what if ours is the first visa on BE to be turned down, (I am the original born worrier, my hubby has even started to think like me.... and he is the original born optimist!)
We said all along that we would need at least have the request for meds and then sellup, but if were not careful we could loose everthing. Our Agent won't commit to anything, its more than its worth for her to say a timescale, but thanks to all, you keep me on the right track..Good luck to you too! [/QUOTE
Hiya
i would sell you house as soon as you can. We have been ready to go for a while now but have been waiting to sell our house. We have a buyer now and just waiting to exchange contracts before we dare book tickets.
It is difficult but the more positive you are the better it will be, imagine yourself with your visa in your hand.... imagine yourself booking your flights... imagine yourself there.... its called visualisation but if you can dream it... if you believe it then it will happen
Best wishes for your new life in Oz
Angie
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:10 am
visa granted 16/5/06

Ahhh, I can imagine myself there lying on the beach!

Our eldest daughter is due to sit her GCSE's in June, we didn't really want to upset her in by moving into rented in the middle or start of her exams, but if we were to get an answer back from our agent soon that we have a CO, I would concider it....I think!!!

Thank you for your kind comments, I will have a go at sending you some Karma, if I can work out how to do it,

Had a good nights sleep last night, probably because I got it all off my chest on here before bedtime