Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

got that sinking feeling

got that sinking feeling

Old Mar 5th 2004, 8:35 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Its a huge move theres bound to be massive ups & downs with the emotions. Weve been there & done it & 5 years down the track weve never been happier. I think the opportunitys out here outweigh the UK & its a fantastic place to bring up kids. Wish my parents did it when I was a kid, I might be an Aussie rules Footy star now. Ahh well, I can dream lol.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 8:36 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Bordy
Its a huge move theres bound to be massive ups & downs with the emotions. Weve been there & done it & 5 years down the track weve never been happier. I think the opportunitys out here outweigh the UK & its a fantastic place to bring up kids. Wish my parents did it when I was a kid, I might be an Aussie rules Footy star now. Ahh well, I can dream lol.
Which opportunities?
Old Mar 5th 2004, 8:39 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: got that sinking feeling

Originally posted by kittenlips
I think it's the fact that slowly but surely you're packing up your life and sooner or later you will feel like you don't exist because you'll be homeless, no keys, no car, no job, nothing - zilch......:scared:
Got it in one KL. That exactly how I feel somedays

Then I get the exciting trips to the tip as well so that perks me up
Old Mar 5th 2004, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah but is it a woman thing or not?
Old Mar 5th 2004, 8:48 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

In our house its mainly a woman thing, in that I'm panicking the whole time and Chris only panics occasionally, but when he does ...... Oh boy !!!
Old Mar 5th 2004, 8:48 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Well possibly more opportunities in Melbourne than Sydney maybe.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 8:50 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Bordy
Well possibly more opportunities in Melbourne than Sydney maybe.
A parochial mexican would say that.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 8:51 am
The Godfather

So would a Scottish Mexican
Old Mar 5th 2004, 8:55 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the jitters on and off from the moment we got our visas, mine disapeared at the airport, Will had none until the last week but then got it bigtime, his went at the airport too. Now we're here, the sinking feeling has not surfaced.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 9:17 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Yes had that pit of the stomach sinking feeling once the excitement had worn off for a few weeks before we left the uk and so much guilt cos taking 3 sons away from everything they knew and yes be prepared for it to last a lot longer than a few weeks. I think it is natural though and it will be so worth it when you are settled
Old Mar 5th 2004, 10:12 pm
Waitin for my RPL result.

phyonics is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, its bound to happen.
You're making a move that a lot of people aren't brave enough to make. How many people back home will wish they'd got the guts to do the same thing.

For us it comes down to the fact that we could never pass off such an amazing opportunity while we have the chance to do it.

Whats the worst that can happen...really!?

We're only just starting the process, but good luck to all you guys that are on the verge of heading out to Oz

Marko
Old Mar 5th 2004, 10:59 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

When we were at that stage the wierd thing was when your stuff is in transit and your house and cars are all sold that feeling of having no place to belong. The big thing with me was having no keys, purely a psycological thing but just having no keys in my pocket was awful.
Doh!!!! do I need to go on Jerry Springer ?
Old Mar 6th 2004, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

stefian is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank god it's not just me.

some days I am exited and some i'm fed up or in tears. It's the fear of the unknown. We have a comfortable life with a nice house etc. and will we be as comfortable over in Oz? We are fortunate that my husband has a job waiting for him, but I haven't so our income will be a lot lower.

We have our visa's and we are getting frustrated cause we are only waiting for someone to buy the house. it's like the calm before the storm, because there will be so much to do that can't be done yet.

Life is too short to say I wish I'd done .........

so sod! it if worst comes to the worst it will have been an expensive but fun long holiday

Steph
Old Mar 6th 2004, 10:34 am
The Godfather

Youve got the right attitude Stefian, I'm sure you come towill love it over here. The first year is hectic but give it time, took us 4 before we finally got a house we could call our own after buying land & having it built. But Ive no regrets, this is home now.
Old Mar 6th 2004, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

just to say thanks to everybody who replied i was feeling that i was alone i this feeling as everyone has been posting how excited they all are

i am excited but nervous as hell but today is another day and i feel much more positive now. the buyer have been round to look at the house again and have said that the place was just as great as when they first viewed it, their wheels are in motion and have got the morgage have no chain and want to complete as quick as possible so good news all round

i guess then that i will still have ups and down days however today is an up day

arlene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.