Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Got requests for police and health check ! YAHOO

Got requests for police and health check ! YAHOO

Old May 3rd 2006, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Got requests for police and health check ! YAHOO

Hello everyone

Well today at around 4:50 this afternoon our agent called to say the case officer had requested we do our police and health checks.

As the health checks had been sent by the docs today coincidentally to Aus and we had sent off for our police checks last week, we are sorted and should have our visa by JUNE.

To everyone waiting the euphoria you feel when you hear the news is irreplaceable. If I could bottle and sell it I would be a very rich young lady. I was sat at the local pool tonight watching my son in his swimming lesson I just couldnt wipe the smile off my face, I tried too but then before you know it I realised I was smiling again. Oh well I am so happy.

The great thing is I imagine I will have the same feeling when the house sells and when the visa is actually in my passport and then again when I am in the airport waiting to leave and finally when we arrive.

Good luck to everyone. The waiting time does pass sometimes it feels like an eternity it took us 8 months to get to this stage plus 6 months of planning before that.

Enjoy your evening and thanks for everyones help, advice and companionship

Nicola
x
Old May 3rd 2006, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got requests for police and health check ! YAHOO

Originally Posted by nicola411
Hello everyone

Well today at around 4:50 this afternoon our agent called to say the case officer had requested we do our police and health checks.

As the health checks had been sent by the docs today coincidentally to Aus and we had sent off for our police checks last week, we are sorted and should have our visa by JUNE.

To everyone waiting the euphoria you feel when you hear the news is irreplaceable. If I could bottle and sell it I would be a very rich young lady. I was sat at the local pool tonight watching my son in his swimming lesson I just couldnt wipe the smile off my face, I tried too but then before you know it I realised I was smiling again. Oh well I am so happy.

The great thing is I imagine I will have the same feeling when the house sells and when the visa is actually in my passport and then again when I am in the airport waiting to leave and finally when we arrive.

Good luck to everyone. The waiting time does pass sometimes it feels like an eternity it took us 8 months to get to this stage plus 6 months of planning before that.

Nicola
x
Ah that's brilliant!! How exciting! (Just sent you a PM about that video too)
Old May 3rd 2006, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milliewoos
Ah that's brilliant!! How exciting! (Just sent you a PM about that video too)
Thanks Martine

Sent you one back thanks
Nicola
Old May 3rd 2006, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nicola411
Hello everyone

Nicola
x

Congratulations to you, I was smiling just reading your post. We will hopefully be able to post similar soon as we are just waiting for the request. Good luck with all your plans and have yourself a tonight to celebrate.
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Location: North East - planning to move to Southern Queensland
BillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud of

Congratulations - We got the request for medicals / checks through last week too and are still reeling. I don't think it felt real until now.

The news for us came in a call from our agent - but it was a temp that called rather than the guy we had dealt with before and he just started going on about needing an address for our regional sponsor and saying he had been trying to contact us for days (we had been away for 2 days!). In the middle of this I said 'so does that mean we've been approved?' and he said 'yes, of course'. I was so shocked I had to ring back to check I hadn't misunderstood.

It's such a wierd feeling when everything is going to change - jobs, house, lifestyle, weather.......