Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

got meds tomorrow!!!!!

got meds tomorrow!!!!!

Old Jun 19th 2006, 7:52 pm
Off to Goldy on my own!!!

sreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to all
Default got meds tomorrow!!!!!

Just starting to panic a little bit.Have filled out form 160 for me and my wife,do I have to fill out a form for my 3 year old daughter?????

thanks steve
Old Jun 19th 2006, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

stela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nice
Default Re: got meds tomorrow!!!!!

Sorry Steve, i dont know the answer to your question, BUT lots of luck to you all tommorow , we have ours in two weeks lol

Stela
Old Jun 19th 2006, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sreeby
Just starting to panic a little bit.Have filled out form 160 for me and my wife,do I have to fill out a form for my 3 year old daughter?????

thanks steve
Sorry not sure, but good luck. Let us know how you get on.
Nicky x
Old Jun 19th 2006, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

Instructions For Offshore Medical Examinations
You must print a copy of these instructions to present to the Panel Doctor
You must print the required numbers of copies of both form 26 and form 160 to present to
the Panel Doctor. In the “Office Use Only” sections please write your File Reference
Number and your ICSE Request ID. Please note that Part D on Form 26 and Part E on
Form 160 do NOT have to be completed.
You and all members of your family unit, regardless of whether or not they are migrating
with you, must undergo a medical (clinical) examination.
Each applicant is required to attach a passport photo to the medical forms before attending
the medical examination.
Applicants aged 11 years and over are also required to do a chest x-ray examination.
Applicants aged 15 years and over are also required to do HIV testing.
Examinations must be undertaken by a panel doctor. You will be able to find an up-to-date
listing of panel doctors and hospitals on the Internet at the following address:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/doctors/index.htm
The panel doctor will be able to advise you regarding the name of a radiologist who is
authorised to complete the Form 160 examination.
The panel doctor’s report must be completed on the enclosed Form 26. All costs involved in
the examination are your own responsibility.
You must carry with you a copy of these instructions and your current passport as
identification to present at the time of the examination and any x-ray/ blood testing. Please
note that no other form of identification is acceptable.
The reports, x-ray films and printed HIV blood test results must be forwarded directly by the
panel doctor to the address shown below.
If, during your medical examination, it is discovered that you or a member of your family has
a potential health issue, your application may be subject to a health undertaking. This
means that relevant person must sign an undertaking to report to the health authority in the
state of your intended residence within a few weeks of arrival. If a health undertaking is
required, you will be advised at a later date.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

so that's a yes! we had ours last week and all fine - 5 yr old had to give urine sample but 3 yr old didn't
Old Jun 19th 2006, 8:36 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck for tomorrow you will be fine

Loz x
Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Location: North East - planning to move to Southern Queensland
BillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by loz
Good luck for tomorrow you will be fine

Loz x

We had ours a month or so again and it was all painless. The doc was really great with our toddler who amazingly stood still for all the prodding and measuring. I had a panic about urine tests too - my son is in nappies and I had visions of following him around with a pot.... Anyway, the advice from everyone else is right, you don't need urine samples for little ones. It was just weight, height, visual fields (can you see the duck?), prodding about a bit and looking in ears/throat.

The blood test is sent off and comes back in about 3 days (or did for us) - my husband was recalled and had to do another one - I was convinced he had some serious disease but the doctor said it was more likely that the Lab just dropped the first sample. We had to pay again for the blood test but it was worth it when the visa came through last week!

Anyway, it'll be over soon - and once you get the VISA you can't believe you were ever worried about it.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:13 pm
Ocean Reef

Location: Landed in Perth July'06 & now freezing in Melbourne! Brisbane Bound soon and lovin it everyday!
luchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud of

Good luck - just a bit of advie - although I am sure that you will be ok...make sure u have drunk enough water before the urine sample! Our lad, had too much protein in his, so we had to wait in a pub while he drunk 1.5 litres of water and for it to get through his system! too much beer the nite before!!

Originally Posted by jothefw
so that's a yes! we had ours last week and all fine - 5 yr old had to give urine sample but 3 yr old didn't
Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sreeby

thanks steve
Hi Steve

Form 160 is for the x-rays isn't it? So no you wouldn't need this because your 3 year old won't be having a x-ray. She would need Form 26 though for medical. Here's one just in case you need it http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/FORMS/26.pdf

Good Luck for tomorrow, you'll be fine

Leigh
Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:42 pm
Off to Goldy on my own!!!

sreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to all

Thanks to everyone for your help