Got The Job!!!!

Old Jul 14th 2006, 4:23 pm
JB2
Forum Regular

JB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant future
Default Got The Job!!!!

Hi all, after alot of work i finally got a job offer and they are going to sponsor me (great). i am going to be moving to perth in october. does anyone know weather or not i will have to pay for my children to go to school whilst on a 457 visa??? if so how much per child. need to know as have 4 children all at school. hopefully someone can answer , thanks if you can.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 8:28 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got The Job!!!!

Originally Posted by JB2
Hi all, after alot of work i finally got a job offer and they are going to sponsor me (great). i am going to be moving to perth in october. does anyone know weather or not i will have to pay for my children to go to school whilst on a 457 visa??? if so how much per child. need to know as have 4 children all at school. hopefully someone can answer , thanks if you can.
Don't know what the situation is in Perth re school fees if on a 457 visa. But you may want to have a look here for the other implications of being on a 457 visa: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357804

Gina
Old Jul 14th 2006, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JB2
I am going to WA in a couple of weeks on a 457 and have been told from several sources that the only school fees that are payable are uniforms, books outings etc. This is apparantly what all have to pay.

Debs
Old Jul 14th 2006, 8:49 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Cograts on getting the job
Old Jul 14th 2006, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Susibabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JB2
Hi JB2. Congratulations on the job offer. You must be buzzing!!. I hope you don't mind me asking but what is your occupation and how did you manage to secure a job? We are trying to get a 457 visa but are not having much joy on the job front. Haven't even got replies from most that we have applied to. Susibabe
Old Jul 15th 2006, 8:58 am
JB2
Forum Regular

JB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Got The Job!!!!

hi, yes i work as a 'site manager' on new build housing. i sent off a load of c.v's to various companies. quite afew sent back either saying sorry but a couple gice me an interview. i was visiting perth and brisbane anyway. the first interview i went for was with a large building company, i was only in the interview 20 mins (15mins of which was talking about englands chances in the world cup!!!). they then informally offered the job to me but wanted me to go back for a second interview to meet an english manager. i did this and got on great. got offered a decent package and arrived back in england thursday this week and got contract through e-mail on friday morning. very pleased. i start work end oct/start nov. if you need any other questions answered i will do my best to help you if i can. thanks.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Susibabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JB2
hi, yes i work as a 'site manager' on new build housing. i sent off a load of c.v's to various companies. quite afew sent back either saying sorry but a couple gice me an interview. i was visiting perth and brisbane anyway. the first interview i went for was with a large building company, i was only in the interview 20 mins (15mins of which was talking about englands chances in the world cup!!!). they then informally offered the job to me but wanted me to go back for a second interview to meet an english manager. i did this and got on great. got offered a decent package and arrived back in england thursday this week and got contract through e-mail on friday morning. very pleased. i start work end oct/start nov. if you need any other questions answered i will do my best to help you if i can. thanks.
Thanks JB2. We've applied for quite a few jobs through agencies and many don't even reply. I'm now working through the Yellow pages. It's so hard to understand why they are not interested when you have an occupation that is on their SOL. Would you recommend actually going out to Oz? I know this is cheeky and a shot in the dark but does the company you have got sponsorship with employ their own gardeners/greenkeepers to either maintain garden areas or landscape for the new properties they build? Susibabe
Old Jul 15th 2006, 7:48 pm
JB2
Forum Regular

hi susibabe, right, i am not sure if my future company employ gardeners. but i did'nt find any agencies helpful at all. what i done was looked very hard for a long time on the net and wrote directly to the companies and found this more beneficial. you will still get a few you won't hear back from but you only want the one response back and your in (sort of). would you not consider starting your own landscape company????? have you tried the local councils over there, they always want landscapers/gardeners. i do think it helps to visit first but i would say that because i got my job out of my visit. hope this helps. speak to you soon.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Tony & Tina has a brilliant futureTony & Tina has a brilliant futureTony & Tina has a brilliant futureTony & Tina has a brilliant futureTony & Tina has a brilliant futureTony & Tina has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JB2
Likewise, I'll be on a 457 arriving (fingers crossed end of Aug). After a bit passing around, the Ed Dept WA passed me on to the Education & Training International Office in Perth www.eti.wa.edu.au. The reply I received was that 457 are eligible to attend government schools, and the school fees on this visa are as what a permanent resident would pay. i.e Uniforms, books etc. The school we're looking at (Carramar Primary) charges $30 pa per child for standard school amenities.