Got it!!!

Old Feb 16th 2004, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

Lany is on a distinguished road
Default Got it!!!

After a terrible weekend in which my husband got attacked by a psychotic maori girl in a bar, I got threatened(for being white!) and nearly mugged at a cashpoint by a drunken aboriginal and we both had a run in with a crazy melbourne cop (apparently laughing in the street is illegal here) I woke up to some good news this morning, a voicemail on my mobile from my migration agent to say that my spouse residency visa has been granted! It is such a relief as we have been fu**ed around by dimia for weeks now and were beginning to think that we would have to go back to the uk as we couldn't survive on one wage any longer. Employment here I come!!

Last edited by Lany; Feb 16th 2004 at 2:21 am.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Got it!!!

Originally posted by Lany
After a terrible weekend in which my husband got attacked by a psychotic mouri (prob spelt wrong) girl in a bar, I got threatened(for being white!) and nearly mugged at a cashpoint by a drunken aboriginal and we both had a run in with a crazy melbourne cop (apparently laughing in the street is illegal here) I woke up to some good news this morning, a voicemail on my mobile from my migration agent to say that my spouse residency visa has been granted! It is such a relief as we have been fu**ed around by dimia for weeks now and were beginning to think that we would have to go back to the uk as we couldn't survive on one wage any longer. Employment here I come!!
Sounds like a wild weekend Heat sends people crazy/gone troppo.

Congrats on the visa thingey
Old Feb 16th 2004, 2:16 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

After a terrible weekend in which my husband got attacked by a psychotic mouri (prob spelt wrong) girl in a bar, I got threatened(for being white!) and nearly mugged at a cashpoint by a drunken aboriginal and we both had a run in with a crazy melbourne cop (apparently laughing in the street is illegal here) I woke up to some good news this morning, a voicemail on my mobile from my migration agent to say that my spouse residency visa has been granted! It is such a relief as we have been fu**ed around by dimia for weeks now and were beginning to think that we would have to go back to the uk as we couldn't survive on one wage any longer. Employment here I come!!

is it that bad in Melbourne??

Only trouble I've ever seen was in a bar in Newcastle NSW) between two different aborigines - from different tribes - one was calling the other a "N*gger" .. got into broken bottle fight .

The other trouble was some white Australia was picking on a Malaysian one night at a pub - so we had give the poor fellow a lift back to his friends house where he was staying (He was here on holiday)
I can honestly say I've never found any probs with aborigines or maori's (we have a working two maori's with us - they are always polite., and good for a laugh, great blokes - ie they get into the banter of things"

The only racism I have suffered believe it or not - is from white Aussies - rednecks, which is very far and few between

cheers
Old Feb 16th 2004, 6:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulation Lany!!! Really pleased to hear you got it!

Is your medical situation sorted out? Hope theres good news on that too.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:04 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

After a terrible weekend in which my husband got attacked by a psychotic maori girl in a bar, I got threatened(for being white!) and nearly mugged at a cashpoint by a drunken aboriginal and we both had a run in with a crazy melbourne cop (apparently laughing in the street is illegal here) I woke up to some good news this morning, a voicemail on my mobile from my migration agent to say that my spouse residency visa has been granted! It is such a relief as we have been fu**ed around by dimia for weeks now and were beginning to think that we would have to go back to the uk as we couldn't survive on one wage any longer. Employment here I come!!
Arrghhh!!!

Well, congratulations I guess...!!

Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

:scared:
Congratulations Lany hope that you manage to get a job soon.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 12:04 pm
ige
Forum Regular

ige is on a distinguished road

So we can still say that RACIST acts are still common in Aussie..
I taught it got better!
Too bad..

Originally posted by Ceri
is it that bad in Melbourne??

Only trouble I've ever seen was in a bar in Newcastle NSW) between two different aborigines - from different tribes - one was calling the other a "N*gger" .. got into broken bottle fight .

The other trouble was some white Australia was picking on a Malaysian one night at a pub - so we had give the poor fellow a lift back to his friends house where he was staying (He was here on holiday)
I can honestly say I've never found any probs with aborigines or maori's (we have a working two maori's with us - they are always polite., and good for a laugh, great blokes - ie they get into the banter of things"

The only racism I have suffered believe it or not - is from white Aussies - rednecks, which is very far and few between

cheers
Old Feb 16th 2004, 12:05 pm
WBB

Originally posted by ige
So we can still say that RACIST acts are still common in Aussie..
I taught it got better!
Too bad..
racists are everywhere Bix, even cornwall.

Old Feb 16th 2004, 12:12 pm
ige
Forum Regular

ige is on a distinguished road

hey hey what is Bix?

Originally posted by WBB
racists are everywhere Bix, even cornwall.

Old Feb 16th 2004, 12:44 pm
WBB

Originally posted by ige
hey hey what is Bix?
i looked at your avatar and not your name, you share the same one as Bix.

Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Lany is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Pollyana
Congratulation Lany!!! Really pleased to hear you got it!

Is your medical situation sorted out? Hope theres good news on that too.
yip that's all sorted too, nothing to worry about apparently! but i think I will get them checked every couple of years for my own peace of mind!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 8:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news; really pleased for you!