Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What happens to the completed medical form?

What happens to the completed medical form?

Old Feb 17th 2004, 7:53 am
EEL
Forum Regular

EEL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What happens to the completed medical form?

I am quite confused.

I have been reading through the form you have to get filled out for your medical (I think it is Form 26). At the end it asks if you have got a visa application being processed. Under no it says that the medical examiner should not give the completed form to you, but should send it to the office processing your Visa application. Then it goes on to say that the form should accompany your visa application when you submit it.

How can the medical examiner send the form to the processing office if you don't actually have a visa being processed at any office and if it is sent in how can it then be submitted along with your Visa application.

Am I completely stupid and reading the form wrong?

Any answers to this and the meaning of life (apart from 42) would be greatly appreciated.

Lisa
Old Feb 17th 2004, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What happens to the completed medical form?

You are allowed to take the results away with you. We had a problem with the doctor we used because he didn't want to give them to us. We were front-end loading our application and needed to send them to our migration agent, but the doctor wanted to send them straight off to Adelaide. In the end we got a copy of an e-mail sent from our agent, explaining that we were allowed to have our medical results and if he had a problem to ring the processing office and faxed it to the doctors office. As it was our application hadn't been submitted and it wasn't going to be processed in Adelaide anyway!!

Good luck

Sam