Google Earth

Old Oct 16th 2005, 1:01 am
  #1  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 273
NewOZ will become famous soon enoughNewOZ will become famous soon enough
Default Google Earth

Want to know more about a specific location? Dive right in -- Google Earth combines satellite imagery, maps and the power of Google Search to put the world's geographic information at your fingertips.



Fly from space to your neighborhood. Type in an address and zoom right in.
Search for schools, parks, restaurants, and hotels. Get driving directions.
Tilt and rotate the view to see 3D terrain and buildings.
Save and share your searches and favorites. Even add your own annotations.


http://kh.google.com/download/earth/index.html
NewOZ is offline  
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:53 am
  #2  
BE Enthusiast
 
debilloyd's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 530
debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future
Default Re: Google Earth

Originally Posted by NewOZ
Want to know more about a specific location? Dive right in -- Google Earth combines satellite imagery, maps and the power of Google Search to put the world's geographic information at your fingertips.



Fly from space to your neighborhood. Type in an address and zoom right in.
Search for schools, parks, restaurants, and hotels. Get driving directions.
Tilt and rotate the view to see 3D terrain and buildings.
Save and share your searches and favorites. Even add your own annotations.


http://kh.google.com/download/earth/index.html

I've tried this but don't seem to do very well searching in Sydney. It could well be user error but I tried looking for Darling Harbour and of the hotels I know exist around there and it didn't come up with anything?
debilloyd is offline  
Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:15 am
  #3  
Banned
 
Timber Floor Au's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Morayfield - The Posh Part
Posts: 10,138
Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Google Earth

Originally Posted by debilloyd
I've tried this but don't seem to do very well searching in Sydney. It could well be user error but I tried looking for Darling Harbour and of the hotels I know exist around there and it didn't come up with anything?

To the best of my knowledge the geo settings havent been allocated for google (australia) maps yet.

Apparently Yaho Maps have australia
Timber Floor Au is offline  
Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:31 am
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
debilloyd's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 530
debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future
Default Re: Google Earth

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
To the best of my knowledge the geo settings havent been allocated for google (australia) maps yet.

Apparently Yaho Maps have australia
OK I'll give them a whirl, thanks for the tip.

Debs
debilloyd is offline  
Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:39 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
HeatherandTim's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: NSW
Posts: 65
HeatherandTim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Google Earth

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
To the best of my knowledge the geo settings havent been allocated for google (australia) maps yet.

Apparently Yaho Maps have australia

I have been using this and I can see my house in detail. Its fantastic. I am in Sydney
HeatherandTim is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.