Goodbye (again)

Old Apr 7th 2005, 5:55 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Goodbye (again)

Well Mr thread stopper has decided to go, I know when I am not wanted.

I don't know what I've done wrong, but I seem to be stopping threads which isn't fair to the starter. I've added my comments to several threads over the last few days and I dunno, but that seems to be it, or they continue and NOTHING I say gets mentioned ?! It's as if I am not here.

As I say I don't know what I did wrong, but something for sure.

I only ever wanted to be part of the community, but I obv don't fit for some reason.

I've had a few longish threads of recent and apart from the moderator Jeremy, there's been 4 or 5 pages with no other comments other than from 4 or 5 members 1,500 viewings tho! I appreciate they was Student Visa related, and not everyone has a lot to say about that if they are going with PR in hand, but even a word of support would've been nice. Instead of each time my partner asked "well, what are the other people saying?", I'd say "no one has replied but JAJ again", I'd love to have told her "oh 'so and so' has posted saying blah blah blah, but alas!

I don't want knock Jeremy as he's helped us the most on here, but he can be a bit negative towards ppl who want to study to get PR. He's perfectly entitled to his opinion, but maybe a few opinions from others might have made the whole 'bashing feeling' we seem to have felt over the last few days not so bad.

For me and my partner the last 2 years has been terrible as far as the Immigration (if it ever happens) has been. We've been on the roller coaster of emotions with the 'yes it's on' and the 'oh sh*t, we can't do it now'. We've been thru the TRA who took 7 months (with priority) to tell us no good! Reasons they gave were there under their eyes, its not like they had to do any checking to come to their conclusion, and maybe I am too paranoid, but I think they just wanted to mess us about, it doesn't take 7 months to tell me I have no qualifications when page 1 of my portfolio stated that!

Anyway, we was told about study to PR, and that's been just as bad as which ever way I look, there is problems or high risks. The last week or so I have probably been spending up to 10 hours a day on the PC. Either on Expat, DIMIA, or whatever, but all Australia related.

My partner suffers with depression anyway, and being a SADS sufferer has not been taking the Winter too good, but with all the stress of the last few days has had a break down, had to go to the Doctor, and is now on medication to get her thru this period. With hindsight maybe I have been too obsessed with this Australia thing that I have neglected her Either way the best thing I can do now is leave Expat and everything else, and put my time and effort where it is more needed for now. We'll be back on track with getting to Australia as soon as we are over this period.

I thought about just disappearing and pop back with a new username then, but that's not fair to the few ppl that have helped me, and have pm'd me to wish me luck and keep them informed, so here's my last post I think, at least I have explained my reasons.

I just want to thank everyone who DID help me with advice and support since I joined, especially JAJ even tho what I just said about the guy.

I'll definitely need to post on here again in the future, but I think I'll get more responses as someone else which is a shame, we all need answers!

THE END

RIP Jim2004 (Paul)
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodbye (again)

Originally Posted by Jim2004

I don't know what I've done wrong, but I seem to be stopping threads which isn't fair to the starter. I've added my comments to several threads over the last few days and I dunno, but that seems to be it, or they continue and NOTHING I say gets mentioned ?! It's as if I am not here.

I only ever wanted to be part of the community, but I obv don't fit for some reason.

I've had a few longish threads of recent and apart from the moderator Jeremy, there's been 4 or 5 pages with no other comments other than from 4 or 5 members 1,500 viewings tho! I appreciate they was Student Visa related, and not everyone has a lot to say about that if they are going with PR in hand, but even a word of support would've been nice. Instead of each time my partner asked "well, what are the other people saying?", I'd say "no one has replied but JAJ again", I'd love to have told her "oh 'so and so' has posted saying blah blah blah, but alas!

I don't want knock Jeremy as he's helped us the most on here, but he can be a bit negative towards ppl who want to study to get PR. He's perfectly entitled to his opinion, but maybe a few opinions from others might have made the whole 'bashing feeling' we seem to have felt over the last few days not so bad.

For me and my partner the last 2 years has been terrible as far as the Immigration (if it ever happens) has been. We've been on the roller coaster of emotions with the 'yes it's on' and the 'oh sh*t, we can't do it now'. We've been thru the TRA who took 7 months (with priority) to tell us no good! Reasons they gave were there under their eyes, its not like they had to do any checking to come to their conclusion, and maybe I am too paranoid, but I think they just wanted to mess us about, it doesn't take 7 months to tell me I have no qualifications when page 1 of my portfolio stated that!

Anyway, we was told about study to PR, and that's been just as bad as which ever way I look, there is problems or high risks. The last week or so I have probably been spending up to 10 hours a day on the PC. Either on Expat, DIMIA, or whatever, but all Australia related.

My partner suffers with depression anyway, and being a SADS sufferer has not been taking the Winter too good, but with all the stress of the last few days has had a break down, had to go to the Doctor, and is now on medication to get her thru this period. With hindsight maybe I have been too obsessed with this Australia thing that I have neglected her Either way the best thing I can do now is leave Expat and everything else, and put my time and effort where it is more needed for now. We'll be back on track with getting to Australia as soon as we are over this period.

I thought about just disappearing and pop back with a new username then, but that's not fair to the few ppl that have helped me, and have pm'd me to wish me luck and keep them informed, so here's my last post I think, at least I have explained my reasons.

I just want to thank everyone who DID help me with advice and support since I joined, especially JAJ even tho what I just said about the guy.

I'll definitely need to post on here again in the future, but I think I'll get more responses as someone else which is a shame, we all need answers!

THE END

RIP Jim2004 (Paul)
I wouldn't get paranoid about it, god knows I've killed a couple of hundred threads in my time, and there have been days I thought I was on 'global ignore'. It only feels that way I hope.

If you want to 're-invent' you persona, sure, why not. But trust me, I don't think anyone has been intentionally ignoring you.

The current thing bugging me is people giving Karma to others responding to my or Mrs JTLs posts. Why not give it to the person who posted the info in the first place , not the person who came up with the one line reply !

Good luck with whatever you decide and for the future, no doubt we'll be talking again soon

Cheers,
JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; Apr 7th 2005 at 6:07 am.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:06 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

THE END

RIP Jim2004 (Paul)
Paul,

As I have said before I wish you and your family all the luck with your lives and what ever you end up doing. I just think it needs a mention that it is not easy for many other people on here to give you the answers you need. JAJ has a masive knowledge of Immigration and has helped you as much as he can, as he does everyone else but from readin some of your posts it looks like you are sometimes looking for answers that just aren't there.

As for myself and no doubt many others on here we cant answer many of your questions, I came on a spouse visa, a fairly common visa which other users had already done so they could help me, Many others are coming on Skilled independant visas so they can all help eachother. As you have no doubt seen not many people are in the same situation as you so therefore do not know what you need to do.

Kala
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

THE END

RIP Jim2004 (Paul)
paul don't take it personal it happens to me all the time have a look a soom of my posts. sent you a pm of a post i found i like it.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

I think you're taking it all too personally. There was a brief time when I thought I was the prize thread-stopper. Find a lively, long, interesting thread, add my comments and - clunk - thread just dies. Or my comments are ignored and the next post (which often said the same thing as me!) gets picked up and commented on!

Trust me, it's nothing to do with you - no-one has anything against you, you've done nothing wrong, no-one is making a point about anything you've said or done and it's definitely not the case that you don't 'fit in'.

It's just one of those things that happen to everyone at some time or another. You've just got to plod on - someone will notice you eventually
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:25 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Paul

I'm sorry to hear you and your partner are feeling low. I'm afraid the highs and enourmous lows are all part and parcel of the emigration process.

I hope your partner feels better soon as it must be terrible if she has the added burdon of suffering from depression. It can't be a good time for you either, having to be especially supportive whilst going through all this.

As for you feeling you're being ignored; I agree with the others on here in that many, many a time people [inc myself] write a question or comment and it's ignored....and it can sometimes feel like you're on global ignore.The key is to re-write your question differently as others may have misunderstood the initial question or have not known the answer. Maybe you need to raise the question again some other time when "new blood" has joined the forum. Ignoring your post is not personal.

As for JAJ....yes JAJ can seem a bit harsh at times. He's excellent in giving factual advice but he can sometimes come accross without a personality and "soft n fluffy" is not his style. Having said that, I know from experience it's difficult to portray the "real you" when writing on a forum.

FYI....JAJ is the only poster on here where I feel the girls should flash their boobs to help him lighten up...oooo naughty I know....but he needs a good seeing too

Cheer up and keep posting

Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:25 am
ABCDiamond

There have been a number of threads where I have posted something, and that was it for the thread ! No more comments, and i've been a bit sensitive to it, and wondered what happened. I normally only notice it when something else, totally unrelated to this site, might have affected me.

Don't let this stop you. If you do feel ignored, just mention "Karma swap, that gets people joining in droves

Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:27 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I think people want to help but have little idea on how to help as your situation is not the norm here. Hence the lack of comments. I think people are just uneasy on what is a very difficult case. The student route has no guarantees and maybe a nightmare for you if you aren't into cutting mullets. DIMIA MODL lists change regularly and points and regulations change so there is no guaranteed route in here.

There are so many threads that get posted so a lot get passed by. When I first posted no one answered my threads regarding final stage partner visas. There was little in the search either.

Good luck on what you decide. If you can afford to study in Oz and want the qualification go for it. At least then if the Australia plans fall through you will have got something.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:28 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
As for JAJ....yes JAJ can seem a bit harsh at times. He's excellent in giving factual advice but he can sometimes come accross without a personality and "soft n fluffy" is not his style. Having said that, I know from experience it's difficult to portray the "real you" when writing on a forum.

FYI....JAJ is the only poster on here where I feel the girls should flash their boobs to help him lighten up...oooo naughty I know....but he needs a good seeing too

I've been wondering if it was just me thinking like that (about your first paragraph)

And regarding your 2nd paragraph !! Well, I will have to change my style of posting

Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:31 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
And regarding your 2nd paragraph !! Well, I will have to change my style of posting
ROFPML

Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I've been wondering if it was just me thinking like that (about your first paragraph)

No, I've always thought that of JAJ too, very cold advice.

And another thought:

I wouldn't want to be the last poster on this thread . They will get the definitive Thread Killer award!

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:35 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I wouldn't want to be the last poster on this thread . They will get the definitive Thread Killer award! JTL
Huhh......... somebody say something?

They'll have to take it from me first

Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:36 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

THE END

RIP Jim2004 (Paul)
Paul, I'm sad that you feel that you have to stop posting here as your comments/threads have been informative and interesting. Iagree with the other posters who say that maybe you've become sensitve about this.
Alot of what you're feeling about expats could be tied up with your difficulties with finding a way into Oz, your feelings and frustrations could be mirroring each other. Also sorry to hear about your partner, you may also be angry with spending time on this project and therefore neglecting your partner (and maybe guilt as well) with little reward at the end of it.
I hope you keep posting as Jim2004 and that you can be supported thru' the more difficult times
Gillian
ps. would love to meet you and partner at Hertford meet if you're up for it !
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:36 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Paul

*Sits back and waits for the "Flash JAJ" thread... and all the guys wanting in!*

Take it easy Paul...like everyone else said, we've all been there at some point. Hope that you and your partner are feeling better really soon.

Siren
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:39 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
*Sits back and waits for the "Flash JAJ" thread... and all the guys wanting in!*

Siren
PMSL.....you in for it too Siren?

Maybe I'll draw up a list of volunteers...lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.