Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good references??

Good references??

Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nice
Question Good references??

We want to rent when we first get to oz and I keep seeing references mentioned, bank references, landlord/mortgage reference, job reference etc. But we live in our overdraft here so I don't see how a bank statement would show us in a good light or what the bank could say in a reference about us because of that fact. The phrase 'can't polish a turd' springs to mind!

Also our house is up for sale and if it doesn't sell before we go we might just be posting the keys back to the mortgage company and saying see ya! wonder if they'll give us a reference..... (nobody reply if they're sat high on their horse please) maybe our previous mortgage company could do it

Do they actually get in touch with references?

hubby's got one from previous employer shortly before he left after 10 years to start on his own and employer was kinda peed so could we still use it?

PLEASE HELP!
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

varsanik will become famous soon enoughvarsanik will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Good references??

When one of my mates went accross, he just happened to get a friend of his to write him a reference as a landlord, Oh and his other mate just happened to be his employer etc etc. (This is only an account of this individual case) how well your references get scrutanised is another story.
Best of Luck.