A Good Read

Old May 19th 2003, 7:55 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
They're pulling your leg - cheers - Don

i really hope not, not with all them teeth anyway don
Old May 19th 2003, 8:04 am
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm with Badgers on the Howard Jacobson book - think of it as an earlier version of Bryson - very funny, although I think PB might agree with the portrayal of some of the WA inhabitants!

Perry
Old May 19th 2003, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by badgersmount
also

No Worries by Mark McCrum

and

In the Land of Oz by Howard Jacobson - a kind of Bryson pre-cursor - not as funny. has Greyhound bus drivers down pat.

i have also written a 100,000 word book based on my travel experiences which people have liked but I am too bashful to provide the link on expats..(!) so unless stacks of people ask then I'm not sure! it's fairly light-hearted and gives an insight in to the character, lifestyle and aussies, less on history etc.

it is also a bit of a biography of a few adventures i have had.

badgers

come on ya big girls blouse ..........................WE ALL WANNA READ IT !!!!!!