Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medical observations so far..

Medical observations so far..

Old May 19th 2003, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical observations so far..

Hi- just thought I would share a really positive experience- I am now 6 mths pregnant and have spent 2 mths being cared for by the medical system here. I have found it to be head and shoulders above UK. My first trip to Joondalup hospital was brilliant- first you are seen by a mental health nurse who asks how you are feeling and offers you both pre natal and post natal care (with no wait) if required, and then you are checked by friendly and efficient staff. We have a tour of the hospital next week,and they really listen to what you want and try to accomodate you. Overall I have been amazed by how different the care has been from my last pregnancy in UK.
On a general medical basis, all the treatment that out family has rec'd has been far better than UK. Idont mind paying for it if this is how good it is.

Cheers
Old May 19th 2003, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

bryank is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical observations so far..

Originally posted by Grub
Hi- just thought I would share a really positive experience- I am now 6 mths pregnant and have spent 2 mths being cared for by the medical system here. I have found it to be head and shoulders above UK. My first trip to Joondalup hospital was brilliant- first you are seen by a mental health nurse who asks how you are feeling and offers you both pre natal and post natal care (with no wait) if required, and then you are checked by friendly and efficient staff. We have a tour of the hospital next week,and they really listen to what you want and try to accomodate you. Overall I have been amazed by how different the care has been from my last pregnancy in UK.
On a general medical basis, all the treatment that out family has rec'd has been far better than UK. Idont mind paying for it if this is how good it is.

Cheers
good to hear Grub. all the best for the next few months
Old May 19th 2003, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

Slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers
Did you go private in the UK?
Old May 19th 2003, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point

hi i know its a different kind of health care, but i have epilepsy and have so for 27 yrs. living in uk with this was a joke. i saw many doctors over the years and have taken a lot of different meds. i even went private in the uk to see if it helped and was told " this is as good as it gets" at last someone had the guts to tell me.
i get to oz and go to the doctors for my medication and he sends me off to the hospital. cut a long story short....i am in for surgery in melbourne june/july. not knowing the date for sure until meeting "the man" on the 10th june. whats going on with the nhs and the doctors in the uk. good luck with the baby lor xx
Old May 19th 2003, 9:19 pm
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road

Cheers
Hi there

Really great to here some positive input about the oz health system as pb and the like just seem to run it down. My nan lives in Oz and always has and i know that she has always had first class service.

Good luck with the baby. Hope everything continues to go well for you and your family.

Sally