Reload this Page >

Good places in west Melbourne

Good places in west Melbourne

Old Feb 19th 2012, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

airlineguy1980 will become famous soon enough
Default Good places in west Melbourne

Hello,
We are new PR. Moving in with a 3 yr old kid.i am an aircraft engineer so my work area most probably in Avalon or Melbourne international airports. Could any body suggest a safe area in and around these two airports.sunbury? Or roxburgh ? Any ideas about house prices and schools and safety.

Thanks in adv for any help or tips
Old Feb 20th 2012, 12:19 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good places in west Melbourne

Sunbury and Roxburgh are both near Tullamarine and are both "ok" areas. Also consider Greenvale and Craigieburn where there is a lot of new development.

Considering their proximity to the CBD, all these areas are very reasonable.

BB
Old Feb 20th 2012, 5:21 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by airlineguy1980
Hello,
We are new PR. Moving in with a 3 yr old kid.i am an aircraft engineer so my work area most probably in Avalon or Melbourne international airports. Could any body suggest a safe area in and around these two airports.sunbury? Or roxburgh ? Any ideas about house prices and schools and safety.

Do you have a job lined up?

Qantas released its results update last week and seems likely to ditch one of its maintenance facilities out of Tullamarine, Avalon or Brisbane...at a guess I'd imagine one of the Victorian sites.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 5:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Diggers Rest would be the pick of them. Craigeburn is not the best at night time around the town and Roxburgh Park could well be a no no in the Future.

Sunbury is OK but a bit far out. Hillside/Taylors Lakes is another one that could well suit your needs far better than Roxburgh Park. To be blunt Craigeburn and Roxburgh Park have some of the worst ethnic issues in Melbourne. Muzza gangs roam the areas at night time.

I almost bought a 50+ square house on the hill at Craigeburn.... which would have been cheaper than my previously unrenovated house in Coburg. .. Bloody glad I never now with the local stories I'm hearing.

Found an amusing definition of the term Muzza for you

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=muzza

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Feb 20th 2012 at 5:59 am.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Kiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Diggers Rest would be the pick of them. Craigeburn is not the best at night time around the town and Roxburgh Park could well be a no no in the Future.

Sunbury is OK but a bit far out. Hillside/Taylors Lakes is another one that could well suit your needs far better than Roxburgh Park. To be blunt Craigeburn and Roxburgh Park have some of the worst ethnic issues in Melbourne. Muzza gangs roam the areas at night time.

I almost bought a 50+ square house on the hill at Craigeburn.... which would have been cheaper than my previously unrenovated house in Coburg. .. Bloody glad I never now with the local stories I'm hearing.

Found an amusing definition of the term Muzza for you

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=muzza
Agreed. Don't go anywhere near Roxburgh Park, and frankly Craigieburn is not much better. If you end up at Avalon, you could look at Geelong. Sorry, I don't know much about the different areas down there, but I'm sure others do. We used to live in Taylors Lakes which is a new area fairly near to Melbourne Airport (OH used to work at Tulla), which was ok, if a bit soulless like most of the new estates. Has a train line into the city and a reasonable shopping centre. Housing is not outrageously priced. Sunbury is not bad, and Diggers is ok. You could also look at Moonee Ponds/Essendon area for Melbourne Airport - older, more sought after housing and better schools. I know the areas around Melbourne Airport fairly well, so if you want any info, feel free to ask.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by airlineguy1980
Hello,

Hello fellow aircraft engineer! Gisborne looks a nice area, although a bit quiet.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

airlineguy1980 will become famous soon enough

Hi
I m just wondering any experience from new pr getting mortgage without any job in Australia.
My plan is getting a home before I move to Australia usng my long service with my current company.anybody with this experience.