Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good experiences of emmigrating

Good experiences of emmigrating

Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:04 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of
Default Good experiences of emmigrating

I need to hear some, if they're any out there, coz for the last few months , all I seem to have read are people suffering from emmigration (and don't jump on my every word, e.g, there will be some suffering,etc, etc, coz quite frankly I've read it all, worried about it all and yes I'm bricking it at the thought).

I would just like to hear of some good experiences....................................... ..........for a change
Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good experiences of emmigrating

Originally Posted by Margaret2
I need to hear some, if they're any out there, coz for the last few months , all I seem to have read are people suffering from emmigration (and don't jump on my every word, e.g, there will be some suffering,etc, etc, coz quite frankly I've read it all, worried about it all and yes I'm bricking it at the thought).

I would just like to hear of some good experiences....................................... ..........for a change
Hi Marg

Yes, arn't all those negative posts totally uninspiring for the would be migrant. Fair dinkum, those that have posted them are talking from experience and we have to respect that, but I guess you have to be thick skinned and accept the comments. You can only try it for yourself to understand what they are talking about, but hey, you might just love Oz! I hope we will.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi margaret

well i for one can say its on;y been a good experience we came here last july never having visited at all,yes it was a risk,but we thought what do we have to lose,it cant be any worse than what we were leaving behind.
We arrived and stayed with some good friends for the first 2 weeks,someone we only met on be by the way we ve returned the favour by putting other people up when they first arrived to,if we cant help each other out its a poor do aint it .
We found a rental and moved in after 2 weeks of being here,our container arrived the very next day,and gary got a job and started work a week later,from then on we havent looked back,bought out own house in january and been busy getting it sorted,gary has had a promotion since then and they seem to have plans for him,he s got the best prospects that he s ever had.Kerry our 18 year old daughter found it a bit hard to start with but has settled down and made friends now and enjoying it.Me well ive been busy finding a home and doing it up, but now gonna concentrate on building my business up.My parents have just been for a months visit,and hearing them talk about back in england just confirmed to us that we ve done the right thing.
We wake up to the sun and the birds every morning.Everyone is so friendly and welcoming and cant do enough to help,the places here are beautiful,whether you prefer beaches or the city we have it all here in brisbane and where we live in bayside we re not far away from either.

luvvin our new life,tracey

QUOTE=Margaret2]I need to hear some, if they're any out there, coz for the last few months , all I seem to have read are people suffering from emmigration (and don't jump on my every word, e.g, there will be some suffering,etc, etc, coz quite frankly I've read it all, worried about it all and yes I'm bricking it at the thought).

I would just like to hear of some good experiences....................................... ..........for a change [/QUOTE]

Last edited by scissors; Apr 11th 2006 at 11:19 am.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

There will always be more comments on the bad stuff than the good stuff, that's just human nature (mostly British )

I think if you go with realistic expectations and don't start comparing what you have here to what you will have there, then you won't go far wrong.

Expect to miss some stuff, whether that be family, friends or the shopping then you won't have too much of a shock when you do.

Always remember that it is NOT the UK, it is Australia, and if you can't accept that there is a different culture there then don't go as you will not like it.

Keep sight of the reason you went and don't give up at the first hurdle (or the second or third), it will take time for things to fall into place.

Most important of all Live every day as though it is your last, because one day it will be
Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Scissors, you sound like you are enjoying life in SE QLD. Only another 10 weeks for us before we join you.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

not long now then be sure to look me up when you get here
Originally Posted by manxfamily
Well done Scissors, you sound like you are enjoying life in SE QLD. Only another 10 weeks for us before we join you.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scissors
not long now then be sure to look me up when you get here
Ill hold you to that when I need a haircut
Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

no problem but i was think more along the lines of
Ill hold you to that when I need a haircut
Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

no problem but i was think more along the lines of
Not at the same time I hope! Being drunk in charge of a pair of scissors could result in a serious bad hair day
Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

now theres a thought,might catch on..mullets are the thing here didnt you know

Not at the same time I hope! Being drunk in charge of a pair of scissors could result in a serious bad hair day
Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

goldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to all

hi margaret

well i for one can say its on;y been a good experience we came here last july never having visited at all,yes it was a risk,but we thought what do we have to lose,it cant be any worse than what we were leaving behind.
We arrived and stayed with some good friends for the first 2 weeks,someone we only met on be by the way we ve returned the favour by putting other people up when they first arrived to,if we cant help each other out its a poor do aint it .
We found a rental and moved in after 2 weeks of being here,our container arrived the very next day,and gary got a job and started work a week later,from then on we havent looked back,bought out own house in january and been busy getting it sorted,gary has had a promotion since then and they seem to have plans for him,he s got the best prospects that he s ever had.Kerry our 18 year old daughter found it a bit hard to start with but has settled down and made friends now and enjoying it.Me well ive been busy finding a home and doing it up, but now gonna concentrate on building my business up.My parents have just been for a months visit,and hearing them talk about back in england just confirmed to us that we ve done the right thing.
We wake up to the sun and the birds every morning.Everyone is so friendly and welcoming and cant do enough to help,the places here are beautiful,whether you prefer beaches or the city we have it all here in brisbane and where we live in bayside we re not far away from either.

luvvin our new life,tracey

QUOTE=Margaret2]I need to hear some, if they're any out there, coz for the last few months , all I seem to have read are people suffering from emmigration (and don't jump on my every word, e.g, there will be some suffering,etc, etc, coz quite frankly I've read it all, worried about it all and yes I'm bricking it at the thought).

[/QUOTE]

the romance, how blissfull, isnt it absolutley brilliant.

I love reading good go lucky stories....
Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

so whats your story then? the romance, how blissfull, isnt it absolutley brilliant.

I love reading good go lucky stories....[/QUOTE]
Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

We have been here 15 months now and I certainly could not imagine living anywhere else. We are in Brisbane and although we had visited Australia for a holiday we had never been to Brisbane before so came with no expectations.
We returned to UK for Christmas and this really made us realise we had done the right thing by moving here.
We are never short of anything to do.......shopping in the city, taking our daughter to the Gold Coast for surfing lessons, picinicing up at Wellington Point reserve,visiting the theme parks.......the list is endless.
We have found everyone to be friendly and we are very well settled. The only thing that will make it even more wonderful is when my other two children move here in the not too distant future.
Of course some people will not like it in Australia, it would be very sad if everyone was the same so you need to come with an open mind and find out for yourself if it is for you.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:54 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Margaret2

Came here in Jan. It's been the best decision I have EVER made in my life. Haven't looked back and we are LOVING it. Not missing home at all.....much to my mother's dismay!! This is my home now Life is good......and I can honestly say that I have a much better life now!
Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Welshie
Came here in Jan. It's been the best decision I have EVER made in my life. Haven't looked back and we are LOVING it. Not missing home at all.....much to my mother's dismay!! This is my home now Life is good......and I can honestly say that I have a much better life now!
Ahh, the positive threads are flowing again, I can now start to feel the need to make the move again. Roll on June 21.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.