Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good experiences of emmigrating

Good experiences of emmigrating

Old Apr 12th 2006, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good experiences of emmigrating

hello, we moved here end of oct, never having been here before. moved into our rental that an expat viewed for us, which was lovely..luckily. started work begining of december, kids in school and settled, we now live right by the beautiful beach here and absolutely love it, the kids love it too and work is excellent...days off are better though!
there have been lots of ups and downs, but weve got through them...the cyclone was interesting! :scared:
we are really happy and do not envisage going back to the uk to live, we love it and cant believe how lucky we are to live in such an amazing place.
I think if you believe you can do it, its half the battle..least it worked for us.

all the best

Trish
Old Apr 12th 2006, 5:52 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I've been in Perth over 3 years - I love it! I can see how people would hate it though.
Old Apr 12th 2006, 6:25 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting this Margaret, its cheered me up reading "happy" stories for a change.

Joex
Old Apr 12th 2006, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

we have been here nearly 6 years...which was never planned, but the place does get under your skin. I think fondly of UK (and miss family) and maybe will work there again for a couple of years, but Oz is home now, and I look forward to coming back when i go overseas.

The place irritates the hell out of me at times- but no more or less than UK- and on the whole life here is better as me and hubby have more time for each other and can afford to go out/eat out/weekends away.

It is not all honey here, but is really what you make of it- best decision we never made (my company sent me!)...
Old Apr 12th 2006, 6:37 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Well all I can say is....the wines fab and you get 20% off for 6 bottles or more...other than that I'll keep you posted but considering I've only been here for 2 weeks,were all loving it,it's like I've been here for 20 years...feels like home already...
Old Apr 12th 2006, 7:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go Margaret....

Landed on the 24th November, container docked two days later. Stayed for a month in a fab 15th floor beach front apartment. Bought a house with an acre and a half of land. Saw it on the 9th, moved in on the 22nd - day after the container was delivered and unpacked - everything in perfect condition. Hubby got the first job he went for, is still there. The girls are enjoying school, I am out and about exploring and sorting stuff for the house.

We arranged for the pool to start in about 3 or 4 weeks, the landscaper turned up today and started digging, levelling, done a brilliant job, retaining wall man coming tomorrow to sort out for the footings, pool people actually starting next week. Superb service.

Every official we have had dealings with, all workmen, etc etc have been very helpful, sorted out problems immediately, and everyone has been incredibly welcoming. (we have obviously been lucky in this respect)

Wake up in the morning to the sun shining most of the time, have kookaburras, wallabies, koalas, parakeets, lorikeets etc roaming the garden. Five minutes from the beach but see it everyday when I drive out of our road.

Very very happy and cannot imagine going back to the UK. Who knows what the future holds but at the moment, this is the best thing (bar having the children) we have ever done.

Is that good enough for you Margaret?
Old Apr 12th 2006, 7:39 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Good experiences of emmigrating

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Ill hold you to that when I need a haircut
Just as long as you dont let the Manxies give you any racing tips!!! Ross Comm.... false start, fell at the first fence.

Mind you if it had won you would have been my best friends!!!
Old Apr 12th 2006, 8:33 am
lisa

lisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nice

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Just as long as you dont let the Manxies give you any racing tips!!! Ross Comm.... false start, fell at the first fence.

Mind you if it had won you would have been my best friends!!!
horses cheap wine hot tips at the bookies SOLD to the theatre nurse from warrington (well the wine swung it really) how are you doing margaret, are you still going to go love? hope you are, saw some of your posts when you were a bit down and it did wobble me a bit but you look as though you are going now so good luck to you
Old Apr 12th 2006, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

great thread - well done to original poster! I know we've all taken our rose tinted specs off but its fab to read how it might be when we get there!
Old Apr 12th 2006, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

We have been here nee on 6 months and everyday i am glad we made the move. The thing is to be aware before you come that it can be hard and like everything you have to work at it. For us having a young family then this is the place, we just love the ease of going to the beach for the day and it not costing a penny. I find the only thing i miss from England are family and my mates and going to the football, but i knew i would. ( and a good curry ) I saw in the paper a article written by a English chap and he said he felt the difference between Oz and th UK was that OZ was going forward and i have to say i think he is right. So i guess i'm a member of the I LOVE OZ BRIGADE .
Old Apr 19th 2006, 10:11 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Just read the rest of this thread , Thanx to all who replied