Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Goldfish - don't laugh

Goldfish - don't laugh

Old Jan 16th 2009, 8:15 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goldfish - don't laugh

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
You are just trawling for laughs aren't you???
I think we're scaling the heights of the lowest form of wit and should perhaps fin-nish?
Old Jan 16th 2009, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Icarus
Does this work for humans too ? anyone know ?
tequilla or the freezer?! Yes to both!!
Old Jan 16th 2009, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
There are some sick people out there.

Does she have a good friend who could look after her goldfish? We used to look after a friend's hamster when they went away. I know it would be long term, in your case, but you could update via e-mail on the fish's health. It also gives her an excuse to keep in touch with friends.
Not necessarily long term - the friend who would adopt April could dispose of her once you've left the country and your kid would be non the wiser. Problem solved. Saves burdening your friend with a fish that could live for years.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 8:36 pm

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

Wheres the fish - send her to my mother in Wales?

Our last fish (stinky) lasted 22 years and my mother cried for about a week when he died. Her step sister died the next week - not a blink. I said how you can cry so much about a fish and not about your sister but she said she saw her fish every day..........

Vivienne
Old Jan 16th 2009, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by viviennef
Wheres the fish - send her to my mother in Wales?

Our last fish (stinky) lasted 22 years and my mother cried for about a week when he died. Her step sister died the next week - not a blink. I said how you can cry so much about a fish and not about your sister but she said she saw her fish every day..........

Vivienne
Hahaha. I know its not funny but its odd how humans act.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 3:07 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz
tequilla or the freezer?! Yes to both!!
Excellent..
Old Jan 17th 2009, 8:00 pm

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

I was thinking last night and as a child, stress and uncertainty can display in lots of different ways. I guess your daughter is upset about her fish but I guess she is also a little worried by lots of other components of moving.

It really is about turning the whole episode into a good, positive vibe

Vivienne