Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast 'vs' Sunshine Coast 'vs' Brisbane Suburbs

Gold Coast 'vs' Sunshine Coast 'vs' Brisbane Suburbs

Old Jun 17th 2005, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold Coast 'vs' Sunshine Coast 'vs' Brisbane Suburbs

If you have state sponsorship for your business visa, I thought that you were restricted as to where to settle. We were going to apply for this but there were certain postcodes that we were not allowed to go to as they were wanting more regional business migrants.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 6:55 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Let me know when you get here, my printer's churning out the pages with black soot like effect on them

I could say Brisbane Bayside is best, but it may not be the best area for getting work
I know this one!!!!!

It's that heater thingy (cant remember what its called) that heats the toner and makes it dry to the page!!!!!!!

Either that or it could be yer drum......!!!??

Old Jun 17th 2005, 7:25 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
I know this one!!!!!

It's that heater thingy (cant remember what its called) that heats the toner and makes it dry to the page!!!!!!!

Either that or it could be yer drum......!!!??

It's the Drum !!! After your comment, I just printed the printer status out, and it says the drum has less than 5% life left

That'll be $255 for the drum for my printer, or I can buy a Brand new laser printer for $247 or even less !

Old Jun 17th 2005, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
It's the Drum !!! After your comment, I just printed the printer status out, and it says the drum has less than 5% life left

That'll be $255 for the drum for my printer, or I can buy a Brand new laser printer for $247 or even less !

Its a no brainer, 'new' with warranty...these things are disposable
Old Jun 17th 2005, 9:26 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by wildmark
Its a no brainer, 'new' with warranty...these things are disposable

Used to be a PC/ printer engineer in a previous life........no work about these days due to the disposability of most equipment V's high maintenance/ engineer call out costs!!

Pretty chuffed I still remember enough to 'almost' diagnose your problem ABC...that'll be £200 + call out charge + parts + anti-social hours fee (it IS Saturday after all)

Ta very much
Old Jun 17th 2005, 10:46 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
Used to be a PC/ printer engineer in a previous life........no work about these days due to the disposability of most equipment V's high maintenance/ engineer call out costs!!

Pretty chuffed I still remember enough to 'almost' diagnose your problem ABC...that'll be £200 + call out charge + parts + anti-social hours fee (it IS Saturday after all)

Ta very much
Phew, I thought you were going to charge mileage then, Guildford to Brisbane is ??

Old Jun 19th 2005, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mand8002
If you have state sponsorship for your business visa, I thought that you were restricted as to where to settle. We were going to apply for this but there were certain postcodes that we were not allowed to go to as they were wanting more regional business migrants.

Were just restricted to qwueensland, so big enough choice

Mark
Old Jun 19th 2005, 7:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

No contest, sunshine coast year round average 27 degrees, beautiful one day perfect the next as the locals say
Old Jun 20th 2005, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jad n rich
No contest, sunshine coast year round average 27 degrees, beautiful one day perfect the next as the locals say
That was my first opinion from the research we have done, but I dont think there will be enough industry for the business, so it might have to be the Gold coast or even Brisbane.

Mark
Old Aug 14th 2005, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Looks like we will be looking ourselves in Oct, will post revue then.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 11:01 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

We spent weeks driving around the Sunshine Coast, Brisbane, Gold Coast and Tweed shire.

We loved Maroochydore (spelling??) and Tweed more than any of the other places, but it came down to where I could find work, so we've ended up on the Northern end of the Gold Coast, which means I can commute to Brisbane. This is why so many of us end up in places like Redcliffe and Cleveland. So if I could get work nearer Ballina/ Byron or the Tweed, or up the Sunshine coast somewhere, we'd move there, but unfortunately, you have to consider all the practical cr*p too.

Paul.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 11:56 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

That was my first opinion from the research we have done, but I dont think there will be enough industry for the business, so it might have to be the Gold coast or even Brisbane.

Mark
Hmmm. Medium sized town with character ?
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:17 am
Banned

Feed the Goat will become famous soon enoughFeed the Goat will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Del Boy
Hmmm. Medium sized town with character ?

GC and sunshine coast anyday, bayside complete bore, reminds me of a massive retirement village, where the elephants go to die.

There is quite a bit of crime there too, I think the residents of Bayside want a big cement wall, like the one in Israel to be built around it tooo.

Thats my impression, as there is no socail interaction in that place, and its dead, except for friday and saturday night between 7-30 and 11pm
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:06 pm
Badge

We want to be in a medium sized town with all thge amenities, but small enough to have a character of its own.

We want medium to high value homes....no council estates I can say this and get away with it, coz I was brought (dragged) up on one.

I am not expecting zero crime, but pretty low.

Hope this helps.

Mark
when you say coucil estates, do you mean no low income, or social problems etc etc, or do you mean no wall to wall new builds all the same, with no character? If the latter, then you may need to go for older, established housing, this may even be cheaper as many new areas in surburbia are carbon copied walled compounds.

Badge