Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast 'vs' Sunshine Coast 'vs' Brisbane Suburbs

Wikiposts

Gold Coast 'vs' Sunshine Coast 'vs' Brisbane Suburbs

Old Jun 17th 2005, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all
Default Gold Coast 'vs' Sunshine Coast 'vs' Brisbane Suburbs

I'm sure this has been done to death, but here again - what the hell

We are moving to Queensland, when we get our business visa. We will be doing a recky trip but was wondering what the differences were between the three areas, scenery, towns outside the cities, business prospects and general differences.

Regards

Mark
Old Jun 17th 2005, 10:36 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold Coast 'vs' Sunshine Coast 'vs' Brisbane Suburbs

Originally Posted by wildmark

We are moving to Queensland, when we get our business visa. We will be doing a recky trip but was wondering what the differences were between the three areas, scenery, towns outside the cities, business prospects and general differences.

Regards

Mark
Brisbane suburbs, city close by, busy, traffic, anything you want you can get, short commute to major centre.

Gold Coast - high crime, glitzy, tourist driven, lots of things to do.

Sunshine Coast - parts are sleepy backwater, parts are like the Gold Coast, further from Brisbane, nice beaches, not as built up as the GC.

On a post card .
Old Jun 17th 2005, 10:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You'll just be wanting a short answer then........!!! Anyone got all day?

Qlds a big diverese place, try and narrow it down a bit, and I'll be back later with a few hours to spare
Old Jun 17th 2005, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy

On a post card .

Hey Mrs D,
Thats why we feel at home there, its, just like Liverpool
Old Jun 17th 2005, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You'll just be wanting a short answer then........!!! Anyone got all day?

Qlds a big diverese place, try and narrow it down a bit, and I'll be back later with a few hours to spare

We want to be in a medium sized town with all thge amenities, but small enough to have a character of its own.

We want medium to high value homes....no council estates I can say this and get away with it, coz I was brought (dragged) up on one.

I am not expecting zero crime, but pretty low.

Hope this helps.

Mark
Old Jun 17th 2005, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane suburbs, city close by, busy, traffic, anything you want you can get, short commute to major centre.

Sunshine Coast - parts are sleepy backwater, parts are like the Gold Coast, further from Brisbane, nice beaches, not as built up as the GC.

On a post card .
Cheers.

I think we will have to See it for ourselves, every bodies idea of heaven is different.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 11:05 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

I think we will have to See it for ourselves, every bodies idea of heaven is different.
Exactly
Old Jun 17th 2005, 11:05 am
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

Why not drive half hour south of Goldcoast.....dare i say it......across the border.
Nice beaches , restaurants , housing.....etc....nowhere near the traffic.
Lots of small town /village type places like Kingcliff,potsville,Byron bay , Casarina.....and on and on.....
Tweed city 10 mins away...lots of shops, business areas etc.

Just a thought plum
Old Jun 17th 2005, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the plumber
Why not drive half hour south of Goldcoast.....dare i say it......across the border.
Nice beaches , restaurants , housing.....etc....nowhere near the traffic.
Lots of small town /village type places like Kingcliff,potsville,Byron bay , Casarina.....and on and on.....
Tweed city 10 mins away...lots of shops, business areas etc.

Just a thought plum
Got to be Queensland - state sponsorship for business visa
Old Jun 17th 2005, 11:10 am
Rocket Scientist

Got to be Queensland - state sponsorship for business visa
Pity - it's nice down there .

What sort of business - at the end of the day that may dictate where you end up.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Pity - it's nice down there .

What sort of business - at the end of the day that may dictate where you end up.
We supply and service photocopiers/printers ect.

Mark
Old Jun 17th 2005, 11:17 am
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

looks like it's just me then.....
Old Jun 17th 2005, 11:24 am
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough

Regards

Mark
Mark

I asked the same question to my Brother-In-Law who has lived in QLD since he was 11 and is a big surfing fan. The Gold Coast has developed hugely in the last 10 years and the infrastructure is faily sound, with a lot of large companies that have moved there from other areas.

The Sunshine Coast is very beautiful but is behind The Gold Coast in it's Infrastructure. Many areas such as Byron Bay, Kingscliff (where I have an investment propety at Salt) is much the same, it relys on tourism, and construction, there is little else at the moment, but give it another 5 or so years and it will be excellent for business.

Hope this helps

Lucy
Old Jun 17th 2005, 2:30 pm
ABCDiamond

We supply and service photocopiers/printers ect.

Mark
Let me know when you get here, my printer's churning out the pages with black soot like effect on them

I could say Brisbane Bayside is best, but it may not be the best area for getting work

Old Jun 17th 2005, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all

Originally Posted by the plumber
looks like it's just me then.....
nowhere quite like the northern rivers area, every time we leave, even for a day just so glad to get back!
kar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.