Gold Coast Meet

Old Feb 12th 2011, 1:26 am
Just Joined

firebladebally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gold Coast Meet

Hi all, My names James, i have just moved to the gold coast with my partner kathryn, im 27 and she is 22. Was wondering if anyone wants to meet up and go for a drink or something as we know nobody ! Any replies grateful, Cheers
Old Feb 12th 2011, 3:47 am
Just Joined

Gold_Coast is just really niceGold_Coast is just really niceGold_Coast is just really niceGold_Coast is just really niceGold_Coast is just really niceGold_Coast is just really niceGold_Coast is just really niceGold_Coast is just really niceGold_Coast is just really nice
Default Re: Gold Coast Meet

Hi James - whereabouts on the Gold Coast are you? where have you come from

Myself and my partner live in Merrimac - hes a chef so works pretty stupid hours but im sure we would be keen for a drink
Old Feb 12th 2011, 4:20 am
Just Joined

Hi, we are moving to runaway bay on tuesday next week. We are from leeds, im a mechanic and kathryn works for the australian rugby league. We are able to meet basically any night of the week from wednesday onwards. We both drive so are quite flexible with where to meet. I dont really know where is good to go out at the gold coast having only been there for 4 days before. But yes if you both fancy it drop me a message, hopefully you guys will know the good hangouts!
Old Mar 4th 2011, 6:46 am
Just Joined

colboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi im chris i have just returned back to the gold coast from Adelaide and would also like to join up with you guys for a drink. Let me know when and where.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

jjj1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, how are you finding the gold coast so far. Myself and family are looking at a potential move up there from Sydney as we could hopefully afford something nearer the beach there and I have heard a lot of good reports. I would have to commute to Brisbane as I work in IT but I have a motorbike so hopefully that wouldn't be too bad.

Cheers

John
Old Mar 12th 2011, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

Gav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to all

I'm Gav,

Almost 40, Civil Engineer living in Merrimac. Dead keen to catch up with some new folks for a beer or two!! Can do pretty much ANY time so if anyone fancies a few scoops tonight, I'd be up for it
Old Mar 14th 2011, 8:19 am
Just Joined

Hi John.

we like it up here, there is everything we need here. There are loads of areas of course, my only advice would be to not live too close to surfers paradise as it seems to be getting pretty bad there. Make the move, you will like it im sure !
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:19 am
Just Joined

swappingstates is an unknown quantity at this point

We moved up here from Adelaide and love it, best thing we ever did. Kids are really happy and long term it's where we want to be. It's just a pain setting up again and starting from scratch but well worth it! I commute to Brisbane each day from Upper Coomera and it can be a nightmare at times. Depends how early you start in the morning. But at the weekend it's like being on holiday!
Hope it works for you John if you move up here the hardest thing is finding work you should be ok in IT though.
We would be interested in a meet up on the Coast. Met some great people at a meet in the UK met up again in Adelaide and become very good friends helped us to settle a lot.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:53 am
Just Joined

jjj1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice guys it's much appreciated. Do you find mosquitoes a problem at all and is there any potential issues with floods? We are probably going to come up mid April and are looking forward to checking out the potential areas to live. There seems to be a few IT opportunities for me in brisbane so it looks like this would be my place of work.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:15 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by firebladebally
Hi all, My names James, i have just moved to the gold coast with my partner kathryn, im 27 and she is 22. Was wondering if anyone wants to meet up and go for a drink or something as we know nobody ! Any replies grateful, Cheers
Look no further! The great Soapy is putting in motion a Xmas in July meet see here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=711028

I can recommend it to all newbies (and oldies)