Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in the Environmental consultancy industry?

Anyone in the Environmental consultancy industry?

Old Mar 30th 2011, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all
Default Anyone in the Environmental consultancy industry?

just trying to get a feel for the market in OZ and trying to benchmark my experience which is nearly 9 years in New Zealand.

Over here i've been mainly in the agricultural sector.. hydrogeology, rivers, contaminant transport etc.. but it seems that the job ads over in OZ are focused on mining or construction.

So does anyone have any pointers on how Foreign experience travels?
i am prepared for a step down in seniority because i'm moving country and employers are probably wary ( they were in NZ) but now i'm a bit concerned that even though i have a title of environmental consultant.. the industry sectors have an entirely different focus and i might be heading for a really junior role.

Still checking things out.. to see if it can work

Deep Six
Old Mar 30th 2011, 1:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in the Environmental consultancy industry?

The environmental sector is riddled with foreigners. Just like any other occupation in Oz. There are some local guidelines you will have to get used to and perhaps a minor title change but other than that the market is good on the environmental front.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DeepSix
just trying to get a feel for the market in OZ and trying to benchmark my experience which is nearly 9 years in New Zealand.

Over here i've been mainly in the agricultural sector.. hydrogeology, rivers, contaminant transport etc.. but it seems that the job ads over in OZ are focused on mining or construction.

i am prepared for a step down in seniority because i'm moving country and employers are probably wary ( they were in NZ) but now i'm a bit concerned that even though i have a title of environmental consultant.. the industry sectors have an entirely different focus and i might be heading for a really junior role.

Deep Six
In WA at least it's mostly mining and O&G related, keeping all the other contractors in check so they don't destroy any possums or aboriginal artifacts usually. Only thing to add is you may end up in a different position, but you'll almost certainly be earning more than NZ.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

thanks for the replies

good to know that its just a matter of getting familiar with local rules etc.. and that the OZ employers dont short change you on your time served just because it wasnt in OZ.

will have to start looking at some of the recruitment agencies.. see who is holding the market share.. anyone know a good agent?
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:29 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Anyone in the Environmental consultancy industry?

Originally Posted by DeepSix

Deep Six
Send a PM to "thribble". She works in that sector and may be able to help.

BB
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

cheers for that Buzzy Bee..

pm sent..!