Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast Hotels

Gold Coast Hotels

Old May 31st 2006, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice
Question Gold Coast Hotels

Can anybody give recommendations on where to stay on the Gold coast when we arrive in late june we can spend up to $1300 per week for 3 weeks and wee need 3 bedrooms as there are 6 of us any advice would be great

Sean
Old May 31st 2006, 3:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold Coast Hotels

Originally Posted by sean trethewey
Can anybody give recommendations on where to stay on the Gold coast when we arrive in late june we can spend up to $1300 per week for 3 weeks and wee need 3 bedrooms as there are 6 of us any advice would be great

Sean
Do you know which area you are planning on living in ie where will you be checking out or are options open? We had planned on living up the top end and so got an apartment up there but then found we loved the south more so for the month we were there we were continually travelling up and down the highway - girls got a tad bored with all the driving
Old May 31st 2006, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Have you tried this website:

www.wotif.com

It's great for getting last minute deals on hotels. We stayed at Crystal Bay Apartments when we got here for 10 days and it was great location. There are loads of apartments with 3 beds so you should be ok. As Moneypen says, make sure you stay around the area you are thinking about, if you know as the GC is a big place - far bigger than we thought....

Good luck
Old May 31st 2006, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

sherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nice

Sean
We stayed for 5 nights at 4 1/2 star Villa Casablanca resort in Hope island, do a search on google.com.au very new 3 bed townhouses with washer, dryer etc great for first few nights as the complex has pool etc, last minute deals approx $175/180 per night ...a bit expensive if you want to keep to your budget and stay 3 weeks, but it might be a good start while you look for something else.
Hope island is on the northern Gold Coast so may not be the best location if you want to live in the south Robina but ideal for exploring areas in the north. We stayed there then moved south and the Burleigh surf apartments see www.burleighsurf.com.au absolutely wonderful views right on burleigh beach only 2 beds but sleep 6 if have 2 fold up beds

Some of the motels also do rooms for 6 we stayed at a budget chain one in tweed heads for 100$ a night but all of us in one room.... so not a good thing long term!

Otherwise try searching last minute offers gold coast on google

PS June school holidays start 23rd June for 2 weeks so prices/availability may be affected then
all the best,

Sherie
Old Jun 1st 2006, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Do you know which area you are planning on living in ie where will you be checking out or are options open? We had planned on living up the top end and so got an apartment up there but then found we loved the south more so for the month we were there we were continually travelling up and down the highway - girls got a tad bored with all the driving
Hi we are hoping to live in the Robina area so Burleigh heads would probably be a good area for us to stay at first, any recommendations around that area would be great.
Old Jun 1st 2006, 11:33 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi we are hoping to live in the Robina area so Burleigh heads would probably be a good area for us to stay at first, any recommendations around that area would be great.
Try this link:
http://www.totaltravel.com.au/travel.../accommodation

Anything I can help you with, just shout.
Old Jun 1st 2006, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Try this link:
http://www.totaltravel.com.au/travel.../accommodation

Anything I can help you with, just shout.
Thanks i think i will need to, we are hoping to fly out on the 26th June and I am getting seriously stressed out now so much to do so little time and now I'm sitting here panicking about the financial side of the move.
SHIT I'M SCARED
Old Jun 1st 2006, 11:50 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Thanks i think i will need to, we are hoping to fly out on the 26th June and I am getting seriously stressed out now so much to do so little time and now I'm sitting here panicking about the financial side of the move.
SHIT I'M SCARED
Everyone has been there, done that You'll be fine. Soon you'll be sitting on that plane and will soon forget all the hassle to get here.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

sherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nice

SHIT I'M SCARED

We all know how you feel the last few weeks the stress is amazing.... but remember you are coming to a really wonderful place with free sunshine, laidback lifestyle and beautiful beaches!!! :

It helps a lot financially if you've got a good idea of the area you want to settle in.
You'll be able to get stuck in finding a long term rental quicker.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Hi Sean,

There is so much accommodation here, you won't be stuck but it can be pricey in the school holidays,

http://agcg.breakfree.com.au/Resorts/?destination=3

Don't worry about all the doubts and worries, everyone of us here has gone through it, good luck, you will be at one of the meets before you know it!!!

Lisa