Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Assurance of support

Assurance of support

Old May 31st 2006, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all
Default Assurance of support

Hi do you think I will need this? I am going in on a spouse visa,married to Aussie lass,she has lived here for the last 3 years so no job over there or house,will be staying with her familyfor a couple of weeks while we get sorted.I am a sparky so no prob gettting work.Got some money in the bank.So will be need some one for this?
Cheers John
Old May 31st 2006, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Assurance of support

Originally Posted by supersonic4
Hi do you think I will need this? I am going in on a spouse visa,married to Aussie lass,she has lived here for the last 3 years so no job over there or house,will be staying with her familyfor a couple of weeks while we get sorted.I am a sparky so no prob gettting work.Got some money in the bank.So will be need some one for this?
Cheers John
Isn't one of the bits of info they need tax returns from your spouse showing how much they are earning? I am struggling to remember it seems so long since I applied (although as a defacto).

You may be asked for it if DIMA don't think you will be able to support yourself for the first few years but seeing as you are an electrician I hear Australia are crying out for them so I'm guessing you will get a job fairly easily Might mean you get away without an AOS. I believe it is rarely asked for if the applicant is from certain countries anyway ie UK/USA.

Good luck!
Old May 31st 2006, 2:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Isn't one of the bits of info they need tax returns from your spouse showing how much they are earning? I am struggling to remember it seems so long since I applied (although as a defacto).

You may be asked for it if DIMA don't think you will be able to support yourself for the first few years but seeing as you are an electrician I hear Australia are crying out for them so I'm guessing you will get a job fairly easily Might mean you get away without an AOS. I believe it is rarely asked for if the applicant is from certain countries anyway ie UK/USA.

Good luck!
It is very rare to see an AOS requested for a UK spouse. The Australian partner will have to provide evidence of their earnings, but there is nothing to stop you also incuding your resume, work history, something like that, which shows your ability to earn once you get to Aus.
Also, get a Stat Dec from her parents saying that you will be living with them, and that they will help out financially if necessary till you get on your feet - this won't be legally binding in any way, but it shows good intent, and shows that you have got things organised.
Old May 31st 2006, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It is very rare to see an AOS requested for a UK spouse. The Australian partner will have to provide evidence of their earnings, but there is nothing to stop you also incuding your resume, work history, something like that, which shows your ability to earn once you get to Aus.
Also, get a Stat Dec from her parents saying that you will be living with them, and that they will help out financially if necessary till you get on your feet - this won't be legally binding in any way, but it shows good intent, and shows that you have got things organised.

The aussie has no income,she doesn't work and no tax lodged over there for 3 years.It will be me working to support us.
Old Jun 1st 2006, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future

The aussie has no income,she doesn't work and no tax lodged over there for 3 years.It will be me working to support us.
Hi there, I am an Oz resident and am hoping to sponsor my partner as a defacto spouse. I have been living in UK so I also do not have a job or property in Oz as proof of how I can support my partner. I have been asked to explain how I will support my partner when he migrates.

We have some savings and a couple of cars to sell when we go as well so am going to say we will use that to support us when we arrive. I am a Prince 2 qualified IT Project Manager so will send my CV and printouts of job adverts to show suitable project managers jobs.

We have a migration agent working on this and this is what he has advsied us to do. If he gives any further useful info I will let you know.

Tonik
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 2:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers John
You do need to think realistically too - from threadson here its clear that although sparkys are in demand, its a bit of a saga to get licensed in order to work. Soooo how do you proporse to support yourselves when you get here? Do you have any savings? Would her family be lending you money? Might be worth consulting an agent, as the previous poster is, so that it gets put forward in the best way, otherwise DIMA may be concerned at your lack of cash.