Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast hotel advice, family of 5

Gold Coast hotel advice, family of 5

Old Nov 27th 2006, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold
Default Gold Coast hotel advice, family of 5

hi guys,

can anyone recommend a good hotel and safe area at the GC if you are bringing 3 kids along? (6,4, and 2 years old)? we are doing a validation trip next week and staying in brisbane....and planned to stay for 1 night since the kids want to see Sea World etc....

been checking wotif but since i have never been to the GC, let alone oz, i dont know if some areas are better than others...

appreciate any advice..

thanks!!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 1:47 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Gold Coast hotel advice, family of 5

The Gold Coast is pretty much a safe area and there are many good hotels and apartments here.

I guess it all depends on what money you are prepared to pay as well.

If you are only staying one night then i would recommend the Palazzo Versace which is just down the road from Sea World.

www.palazzoversace.com.au

Originally Posted by obiwan
hi guys,

can anyone recommend a good hotel and safe area at the GC if you are bringing 3 kids along? (6,4, and 2 years old)? we are doing a validation trip next week and staying in brisbane....and planned to stay for 1 night since the kids want to see Sea World etc....

been checking wotif but since i have never been to the GC, let alone oz, i dont know if some areas are better than others...

appreciate any advice..

thanks!!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Irish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond repute

Or there is the sea world nara resort
Old Nov 27th 2006, 6:57 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by obiwan
hi guys,

appreciate any advice..

thanks!!
Or crown towers. They have 2 bed apartments, sleeps up to 6 people and very reasonable. Excellent Thai restaurant down stairs.
Don't know if most places will be booked as it may still be schooly's?
Old Nov 27th 2006, 8:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
Or crown towers. They have 2 bed apartments, sleeps up to 6 people and very reasonable. Excellent Thai restaurant down stairs.
Don't know if most places will be booked as it may still be schooly's?
Schoolies finish this week - I think and the decent hotels don't tend to let them in anyway, the people running the show like to keep them together as much as poss. Not that it would be a problem for a night anyway

If you decide that Seaworld is the park for you, then the Seaworld Nara would be a great bet.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Schoolies finish this week - I think and the decent hotels don't tend to let them in anyway, the people running the show like to keep them together as much as poss. Not that it would be a problem for a night anyway

If you decide that Seaworld is the park for you, then the Seaworld Nara would be a great bet.
get in touch with my mate Eileen at the deville apts www.deville.com.au - opposite patrolled beach and walking distance to seaworld. They have three bed apts.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 9:07 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
The Gold Coast is pretty much a safe area and there are many good hotels and apartments here.

I guess it all depends on what money you are prepared to pay as well.

If you are only staying one night then i would recommend the Palazzo Versace which is just down the road from Sea World.

www.palazzoversace.com.au

Bloody hell....how much a night is the Versace hotel ?
Old Nov 27th 2006, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Bloody hell....how much a night is the Versace hotel ?
that is where "celebrity get me out of here" lot are staying I think !!!!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 9:24 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

We stayed at the Sea World Nara hotel. Really convenient for Sea World as it's literally a 2 minute walk from reception and you have your own entrance so no queues
Old Nov 28th 2006, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

hi guys

thank you so much for all the replys and even providing the links, i really prefer getting your advice instead just reading details off wotif....can now start zeroing in....

am afraid the versace is way too expensive for us though :scared:

I researched that there are sooo many different beaches on the gold coast, i take it that for a first timer with limited time who would like to see "touristy" things, the first one to visit should be the Surfers Paradise beach area?

sorry for being such an ignorant newbie

cheers!