Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

sun ,insects ,snakes,hoones and things that bite ya.

sun ,insects ,snakes,hoones and things that bite ya.

Old Nov 27th 2006, 10:45 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default sun ,insects ,snakes,hoones and things that bite ya.

jeez i am lying in bed counting the days to my new adventure and reading about all the bad things in oz...

are there any good things?

i went from reading ,if the sun doesn't get you the insects will...

flippin heck...

there must be somethings that are good about your great country....??

WHAT IS GREAT ABOUT AUSTRALIA...???

ast
Old Nov 27th 2006, 11:01 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: sun ,insects ,snakes,hoones and things that bite ya.

Originally Posted by aston man
jeez i am lying in bed counting the days to my new adventure and reading about all the bad things in oz...

flippin heck...

ast
You forgot the snakes, the spiders, the crocs,the sharks and the stingers.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 11:12 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
You forgot the snakes, the spiders, the crocs,the sharks and the stingers.

well,apart from the spiders nothing to worry about there for me,,,as i will be under the bed 24/7 hiding from the sun and the hoones,,,,

ast...
Old Nov 27th 2006, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

well,apart from the spiders
..what have the romans ever done for us
Old Nov 27th 2006, 11:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
..what have the romans ever done for us

i dont know Brian???

and what is great about Australia??there must be something???
Old Nov 27th 2006, 11:26 pm
Banned

perhaps the u.k isnt that bad a place after all ...???
Old Nov 28th 2006, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

I felt a bit like that the closer it got to actually leaving the UK. I worried about what I was taking my kids to.

Now we're here, three months in, and I have no idea what I was worrying about - have even seen a huntsman without flinching ! To begin with, when you go to bed, you think you're being bitten by a spider, you shake all your clothes, lift the duvet etc but it isn't long before you forget all about them. You rarely see snakes, I've never seen one and, although occasionally we hear hoons (depend where you live) it doesn't disturb us at all.

Now all we're worried about is how we'll cope in winter without central heating, double glazing or insulation !!
Old Nov 28th 2006, 1:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ohippy
I felt a bit like that the closer it got to actually leaving the UK. I worried about what I was taking my kids to.

Now we're here, three months in, and I have no idea what I was worrying about - have even seen a huntsman without flinching ! To begin with, when you go to bed, you think you're being bitten by a spider, you shake all your clothes, lift the duvet etc but it isn't long before you forget all about them. You rarely see snakes, I've never seen one and, although occasionally we hear hoons (depend where you live) it doesn't disturb us at all.
Spiders are a doddle!

I saw something slither under our cubby house about 6 m from the kitchen the other day. I waited to see the rear of it, my heart pounding. I need to get a shotgun for my daughter, maybe I needed one quicker. Luckily the thing was only 6 inches long and was our friendly water dragon which we see every year.

It sunbathes under the washing line.

Winter days and nights at home, be afraid, very afraid!
Old Nov 28th 2006, 1:13 am
Banned

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Spiders are a doddle!

I saw something slither under our cubby house about 6 m from the kitchen the other day. I waited to see the rear of it, my heart pounding. I need to get a shotgun for my daughter, maybe I needed one quicker. Luckily the thing was only 6 inches long and was our friendly water dragon which we see every year.

Winter days and nights at home, be afraid, very afraid!

It sunbathes under the washing line.
flippin heck you have dragons aswel? what next,,?

hey are you allowed to just shoot anything that moves in the back garden with a shot gun??
if so thats the end of all my problems?

we had a lovely little place in turkey,which was built around a massive swimming pool.it was beautiful and just our luck , bloody tiger moths,well thats what we think they were, used to terrorise my wife,they would take chunks out of her.
we had to sell the bloody apartment in the end..

i suppose you have tiger moths aswel..?

Last edited by aston man; Nov 28th 2006 at 1:18 am.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 1:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

i suppose you have tiger moths aswel..?
One at Caboolture Airport I think
Old Nov 28th 2006, 1:29 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Pollyana
One at Caboolture Airport I think
.i'll get me gun.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 1:35 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

flippin heck...

ast
Based on the last couple of years:

Space (elbow room), stars, storms, people, perfect winter days spent playing cricket, cherry ripes, Brisbane, red dirt, Bundy, James Squire, proper blue skies.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 1:41 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

My best friend has lived in Oz for around 20 years...he's yet to see a dangerous spider and has only seen one snake....

I still pull all the bedding back in Florida...when I stay there...our house there had a black widow problem for a while...but since building work stop I've not seen one anywhere...