Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

GOLD COAST (AKA BRAZIL 70) V'S BRISBANE FOOTBALL MATCH PART DEUX

GOLD COAST (AKA BRAZIL 70) V'S BRISBANE FOOTBALL MATCH PART DEUX

Old Aug 17th 2008, 3:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOLD COAST (AKA BRAZIL 70) V'S BRISBANE FOOTBALL MATCH PART DEUX

Originally Posted by Lerop Pekill
well i would just like to say thanks again to everyone whop turned up on the days, you guys make these meets, great catching up with old & new faces and well done to the brissy boys again, great effort, now Brisbane get yer fingers out and get a game arranged up there!!

i shall now retire back to bed as i am a tad fragile.
"Fragile" isn't a word that comes to mind when I think of you, I must admit!!!

Sod sleeping, get planning the next game!
Old Aug 17th 2008, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Dtox is just really niceDtox is just really niceDtox is just really niceDtox is just really niceDtox is just really niceDtox is just really niceDtox is just really niceDtox is just really niceDtox is just really niceDtox is just really nice

Bad luck Dicko.. You had a fine game in goal mate

At the end of the day though.... no goalie in the world would have saved that inch perfect chip from 'tox..
Old Aug 17th 2008, 4:56 am
Just Joined

amberava is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
Had another great day out yesterday. Thanks to Malky, Rab and everyone else involved in organising it. Looking forward to the next one now.
Sharon, Paul, Amber and Ava x x
Old Aug 17th 2008, 5:38 am
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi,

Well done Gold Coast....But I really thought Brissie Boys did good

Great to meet some new faces (and old ones too!).

Cheers

Ginny
Just coz things are headed South....no need for remarks like that!
Old Aug 17th 2008, 6:19 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

GOLD COAST 6 - 3 BRISBANE

Well done Malky and big Rab for organising another good game and well done to the Gold Coast for winning yet again(sorry Brisbane! )
Hats off to everyone who played too making it a great day all round,and im looking forward to game 3 already.

Im still puzzled as to how Bobby "The Cat" could concede so many goals in such a short time.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 6:46 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

As a Sydneysider interloper I would like to thanks to all, I had a great day out. The venue and best of all the people made it great fun.

If there is anybody interested in in doing something similar in Sydney we should get together - this day was great for all not just the players.

Well done Gold Coast and Brisbane expats.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 6:50 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
thanks to Rab and Malky for a great day and what a result!

dtox the ball hit off the back of your leg ya jammy git

it was funny to watch our goalie waving at the crowd as the ball passed him dicko we will get you a pair of stillettos for the next game.
hope the leg feels a bit better today

well done to all the brissie gang for making the trip down. just a shame you have a pish team

thanks to everyone who turned up to play or watch, you all helped to make it a fantastic day out
Where's the photos??????? There's one I'm looking forward to seeing...

And thanks to you and Pauline again for your hospitality, excellent day all round

The Bloke whinged cos I didn't get in till 10pm, he said I told him I'd be back early - he doesn't realise that 10pm IS early
Old Aug 17th 2008, 7:07 am
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nick72
I thought the goalkeeper did alright !! LOL

Good game today guys really enjoyed it, look forward to the next one.

Cheers Malky and Rab.

Nick
Nick to be honest it was between my son and yourself for man of the match, i did not want to take the final decision as i had a vested interest, but you were superb and we hope to see you in between the sticks for the GC in the next game!!
Old Aug 17th 2008, 7:13 am
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
"Fragile" isn't a word that comes to mind when I think of you, I must admit!!!

Sod sleeping, get planning the next game!
it would'nt really Polly would it!! but it was how i felt and still do!! i am never drinking again!!

As for the next one i will have a natter to Robert and see what he thinks but i know and it was mentioned to me numerous times yesterday that the GC lads are keen to play a game up in Brisbane rather than another one on the GC!!

I also think the football should be a bi annual event one game on the Goldie one game in Brisbane type thing, this way it stays fresh and we all look forward to them that little bit more.

It was also mentioned that if the GC are to play up in Brisbane we would hire a couple of coaches rather than anyone having to drive!! i reckon we could fill two 52 seaters!!
Old Aug 17th 2008, 7:15 am
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Originally Posted by Dtox
G'Day Guys,

I'd just like to say a big thanks to the Gold Coast lads Malky and Rab for organising another top meet up at Southport Soccer club... Big Congrats too for Malky's lad on a clear MOTM performance..

I've now participated in two of these games and today I brought two blokes (from my woop woop neck of the woods down to the game) .. Cheers to Andy and his son Ryan who turned out for Brissie today..

At the end of the match (despite the humpin' scoreline.. their words were... hey 'tox that was fantastic.. how often do we play in more of these games?.. count us in for the next one

All in all another top event and thanks to all who participated..

BTW... Just how good was my 35 yard volley which hit the back of the net in the last minute for Brissy..

Cheers,
Dtox

your volley was superb mate!! and i'm glad your mates had a good day, thanks for the message and for your continued support of these events!!
Old Aug 17th 2008, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Nick to be honest it was between my son and yourself for man of the match, i did not want to take the final decision as i had a vested interest, but you were superb and we hope to see you in between the sticks for the GC in the next game!!
Malky,
When he said the goalkeeper done okay, he meant me
Old Aug 17th 2008, 7:17 am
Home and Happy

it would'nt really Polly would it!! but it was how i felt and still do!! i am never drinking again!!

As for the next one i will have a natter to Robert and see what he thinks but i know and it was mentioned to me numerous times yesterday that the GC lads are keen to play a game up in Brisbane rather than another one on the GC!!

I also think the football should be a bi annual event one game on the Goldie one game in Brisbane type thing, this way it stays fresh and we all look forward to them that little bit more.

It was also mentioned that if the GC are to play up in Brisbane we would hire a couple of coaches rather than anyone having to drive!! i reckon we could fill two 52 seaters!!
Might be good to find somewhere near (or in easy reach of) a station too - makes it a lot easier on the drinkers

C'mon you Brissie guys, anyone got ideas of a good pitch somewhere? If you talk to Soapy about the amount of money that goes over the bar at one of these meets, you may well find a club interested in hosting it.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 7:19 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahJane2007
Just coz things are headed South....no need for remarks like that!

Old Aug 17th 2008, 7:50 am
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute

Mate I really enjoyed myself. Look forward to the next game.

Maybe Brissy will turn up

Nick
Old Aug 17th 2008, 8:06 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Top men Malky & Rab for organising a great day again - good result for GC, Dtox goal of the game!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.