British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   GOLD COAST (AKA BRAZIL 70) V'S BRISBANE FOOTBALL MATCH PART DEUX (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/gold-coast-aka-brazil-70-vs-brisbane-football-match-part-deux-548642/)

Lerop Pekill Jul 13th 2008 12:27 am

GOLD COAST (AKA BRAZIL 70) V'S BRISBANE FOOTBALL MATCH PART DEUX

Righto last night at the expats meet Robert (aka soapy) asked myself and Rob Semple (only me) if we would be willing to organise the next GC V'S Brissy footy match!! it's not that he does not want to be involved it's just he is ran off his feet and it would be nice if he could just turn up and enjoy one without the hassle of organising it!!

So this will be a footy match combined as usual with a meet on SATURDAY THE 16TH OF AUGUST. at Southport Soccer Club, Mualla Drive, Ashmore. KICK OFF WILL BE 1.30PM (PLAYERS TO BE THERE 12.45)

The GC side of things will be handled by myself and Rob as above and Brisbane will be handled by Bobby FTM and Haggis. Now it will be slightly different this time in the respect that players who played the last time will get priority and each team is looking for 17 Players max anyone over and above will go on a reserve list as numbers above this become very hard to handle, i think the GC will manage this but Brissy may struggle a little so if you are new and dont really mind who you play for please say.

Can i please also say guys do not put your name down and then not turn up!! this will cause a massive headache!! case in point at the last one the GC had 40 people saying they would play and we ended up with 14!!

Haggis/Bobby can you PM me asap and confirm this date suits you guys. I am also putting below a list of people who have already confirmed they will be playing for the GC on the day people in red are the ones who played last time, please when posting confirm if you played the last time and you will be given priority. The Gold Coast will wear BLUE SHIRTS & WHITE SHORTS IN THIS GAME:sneaky:

Lerop Pekill (me)
Lerop Pekill Jnr
Speedy
Col
Rob (Only me)
DTOX
Carbery (Steve)

Brido
Wilson
Cammy
Alan (Michelle's Hubby)

So folks that only leaves a month so lets see them names!!:thumbsup:

brido Jul 13th 2008 12:48 am

Re: GOLD COAST (AKA BRAZIL 70) V'S BRISBANE FOOTBALL MATCH PART DEUX

Count me in,i'll be down to my fighting weight by then and chasing a start on the wing.;)
Great choice of strip there big yin,can we play in black socks too,lol.

The thread should be called
GOLD COAST (AKA BRAZIL 70) V'S BRISBANE (AKA SCOTLAND 78) FOOTBALL MATCH PART DEUX
:rofl:

Lerop Pekill Jul 13th 2008 12:56 am

Originally Posted by brido (Post 6565316)
Count me in,i'll be down to my fighting weight by then and chasing a start on the wing.;)
Great choice of strip there big yin,can we play in black socks too,lol.

The thread should be called
GOLD COAST (AKA BRAZIL 70) V'S BRISBANE (AKA SCOTLAND 78) FOOTBALL MATCH PART DEUX
:rofl:

a tad harsh on the scotland 78 Side there big man, do you want ma boots back? or are you going to get a pair that fit?:rofl:

brido Jul 13th 2008 1:06 am

Originally Posted by Lerop Pekill (Post 6565322)
a tad harsh on the scotland 78 Side there big man, do you want ma boots back? or are you going to get a pair that fit?:rofl:

I'd have been as well keeping them as you only just got them back from last time! :o

as for the 78 side,haggis would look much better in an Alan Rough perm than i would!:thumbsup:

Only me Jul 13th 2008 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Lerop Pekill (Post 6565283)
Righto last night at the expats meet Robert (aka soapy) asked myself and Rob Semple (only me) if we would be willing to organise the next GC V'S Brissy footy match!! it's not that he does not want to be involved it's just he is ran off his feet and it would be nice if he could just turn up and enjoy one without the hassle of organising it!!

So this will be a footy match combined as usual with a meet on SATURDAY THE 16TH OF AUGUST. at Southport Soccer Club, Mualla Drive, Ashmore. KICK OFF WILL BE 1.30PM (PLAYERS TO BE THERE 12.45)

The GC side of things will be handled by myself and Rob as above and Brisbane will be handled by Bobby FTM and Haggis. Now it will be slightly different this time in the respect that players who played the last time will get priority and each team is looking for 17 Players max anyone over and above will go on a reserve list as numbers above this become very hard to handle, i think the GC will manage this but Brissy may struggle a little so if you are new and dont really mind who you play for please say.

Can i please also say guys do not put your name down and then not turn up!! this will cause a massive headache!! case in point at the last one the GC had 40 people saying they would play and we ended up with 14!!

Haggis/Bobby can you PM me asap and confirm this date suits you guys. I am also putting below a list of people who have already confirmed they will be playing for the GC on the day people in red are the ones who played last time, please when posting confirm if you played the last time and you will be given priority. The Gold Coast will wear BLUE SHIRTS & WHITE SHORTS IN THIS GAME:sneaky:

Lerop Pekill (me)
Lerop Pekill Jnr
Speedy
Col
Rob (Only me)
DTOX
Carbery (Steve)

Brido
Wilson
Cammy
Alan (Michelle's Hubby)

So folks that only leaves a month so lets see them names!!:thumbsup:

Sorry to upset the applecart here slightly mate but kick off will have to be brought forward half an hour as the reserves start at 3pm. I will also sacrifice my position to allow a newcomer a chance of a game if there are too many numbers.:thumbup:

Lerop Pekill Jul 13th 2008 2:09 am

Originally Posted by Only me (Post 6565410)
Sorry to upset the applecart here slightly mate but kick off will have to be brought forward half an hour as the reserves start at 3pm. I will also sacrifice my position to allow a newcomer a chance of a game if there are too many numbers.:thumbup:

no probs mate, right guys kick off is 1 PM and thanks for the offer of giving up your place but it's not happening!!:sneaky::D

Dtox Jul 13th 2008 10:04 am

I'm quite happy to play for Brissie if their numbers are short? :eek:

Carbery Jul 13th 2008 10:24 am

I'm up for it mate. One question for the Brissie team - is Bobby going to be player manager or just manager?

bobbyftm Jul 13th 2008 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Carbery (Post 6566036)
I'm up for it mate. One question for the Brissie team - is Bobby going to be player manager or just manager?

With a fitness level of zero:o best stick with the sideline roll i thinks even though i know there'll be a lot of good nurses there to treat my potential heart attack !:eek:

soapy© Jul 13th 2008 11:49 am

count me in for my usual possition...................

in the dug out with a beer in one hand and a ciggie on the other:lol:

Bernieboy Jul 13th 2008 11:58 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 6566146)
With a fitness level of zero:o best stick with the sideline roll i thinks even though i know there'll be a lot of good nurses there to treat my potential heart attack !:eek:

Your phuced mate,no nurse in their right mind is gonna give you mouth to mouth:lol:

bobbyftm Jul 13th 2008 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Bernieboy (Post 6566220)
Your phuced mate,no nurse in their right mind is gonna give you mouth to mouth:lol:

Just had a look in the mirror :eek:Yep you're right :frown:

Bernieboy Jul 13th 2008 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 6566232)
Just had a look in the mirror :eek:Yep you're right :frown:

Told ya,if you were in the hospital they would prob just slip you into a side room and turn the lights off:lol:

bobbyftm Jul 13th 2008 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Bernieboy (Post 6566235)
Told ya,if you were in the hospital they would prob just slip you into a side room and turn the lights off:lol:

Could be worse they could send you in for mouth to mouth :eek::eek::p

Bernieboy Jul 13th 2008 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 6566245)
Could be worse they could send you in for mouth to mouth :eek::eek::p

Bobby your chat up lines are shite:lol: