Gold coast?

Old Feb 5th 2007, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

KT83 will become famous soon enoughKT83 will become famous soon enough
Default Gold coast?

My husband and i are moving to Oz in 2009 but having trouble picking a location. Its hard to get a feel for a place you dont know. What are your thoughts on the gold coast?? We are both 24, a nurse and a chef looking for somewhere warm but not too humid with plenty to do like bars, restraunts, maybe a spot of horse riding! Somewhere near the beach. Any ideas?
Thanks

Last edited by KT83; Feb 5th 2007 at 5:28 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 4:52 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold coast?

Originally Posted by KT83
My husband and i are moving to Oz in 2009 but having trouble picking a location. Its hard to get a feel for a place you dont know. What are your thoughts on the gold coast?? We are both 24, a nurse and a hef looking for somewhere warm but not too humid with plenty to do like bars, restraunts, maybe a spot of horse riding! Somewhere near the beach. Any ideas?
Thanks
the GC has all of this

you can go clubbin in surfers and the next day drive 15 minutes to the hinterland and go horse riding

best of both i would say
Old Feb 5th 2007, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. What about the weather? we are from the west coast of scotland so anything has got to be better weather wise but humidity isnt something we are used to.

x
Old Feb 6th 2007, 5:24 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. What about the weather? we are from the west coast of scotland so anything has got to be better weather wise but humidity isnt something we are used to.

x
i`m from manchester myself which isnt known for its high tempretures although its often humid ( in the form of pissing down constantly )
i`ve managed to date its ben up to the high thirties and to be honest it only goes that high for about four weeks or so in the middle of summer the rest of the time spring / austum its mid 20`s and in winter its really cold at the high teens

ps where abouts on the west coast of scotland are you from ??
ask as ive spent a fair few weeks in oban scuba diving

Last edited by steve`o; Feb 6th 2007 at 5:25 am. Reason: added a bit more ;)
Old Feb 6th 2007, 5:48 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

x
the west coast pf Scotland is bbbbbbaltic lol
Old Feb 6th 2007, 5:52 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband and i are moving to Oz in 2009 but having trouble picking a location. Its hard to get a feel for a place you dont know. What are your thoughts on the gold coast?? We are both 24, a nurse and a chef looking for somewhere warm but not too humid with plenty to do like bars, restraunts, maybe a spot of horse riding! Somewhere near the beach. Any ideas?
Thanks
Gold Coast sounds great. I want to go there for a holiday. Not sure if i could live there, but you are young so go for it. Not heard any bad things about it at all.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Hiya

Been on the GC now for 18 months now...its fantastic! try not to stress about areas. Leave yourself plenty of time to have a good look when you get here, you'll know when you've found the right place.

All the best

Sue x
Old Feb 7th 2007, 6:32 am
Just Joined

Thanks everyone.

Im from Ayr, and yes, it is baltic!!! -8 overnight but hey, at least its not raining!

x
Old Feb 7th 2007, 6:35 am

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue2
Hiya

Been on the GC now for 18 months now...its fantastic! try not to stress about areas. Leave yourself plenty of time to have a good look when you get here, you'll know when you've found the right place.

All the best

Sue x
sue were hoping to move there by may with 6 kids been told to go for robina or mermaid waters area ie for housing anyway i can find out more about surrounding suburbs so i have better idea before we arrive also dont suppose you know anyone with holiday home to rent perhaps?
lesley
Old Feb 7th 2007, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lesleyhunter79
sue were hoping to move there by may with 6 kids been told to go for robina or mermaid waters area ie for housing anyway i can find out more about surrounding suburbs so i have better idea before we arrive also dont suppose you know anyone with holiday home to rent perhaps?
lesley
Hi Lesley

We ended up staying in a 2 bedroom apartment near Main beach for 5 weeks it was very basic but cheap, not sure if they had any larger apartments??....anyway this gave us plenty of time to look around...pm me if you want the web link for it. Also do a search for holiday lets on the Gold Coast you'll just need a base at first until you find your area.

Out of the two areas that you have said I'd recommend Robina, its a bit further from the beach but I think nicer out of the two. Other nice areas close are Mudgeeraba, Burleigh, Reedy Creek, Elanora, Currumbin and Tallebudgera and Coolangatta...although Coolangatta is a bit far down really.

Schools I've been told to avoid are Miami High and Palm beach pmy.

Hope this helps, try not to stress about areas...if you just stick to looking on the GC and don't confuse yourself by looking all over the place like we did you'll find your area in no time at all.

All the best

Sue x
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:02 am
Worongary

lesley
we are currentley renting a 3 bed house that we be available late apr early march if your intrested in varsity lakes ( you can spit into robina from here )
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:52 am

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve`o
we are currentley renting a 3 bed house that we be available late apr early march if your intrested in varsity lakes ( you can spit into robina from here )
cant get there till end of may?
Old Feb 7th 2007, 6:41 pm
Worongary

cant get there till end of may?
opps should have read apr / may
even i know that march is before apr