Reload this Page >

Going to Perth for a year

Going to Perth for a year

Old Dec 10th 2003, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

lizmiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Going to Perth for a year

Hello Everyone,
This is my first post on this forum but I have been lurking for a week or so and found all your information really helpful.
We are planning to go to Perth for a year initially to see how we like it and then who knows.
My husband and I are both nurses and we have three young children, we are looking to settle somewhere around the Nedlands area due to work. Any advise or comments about the area would be gratefully received.
We are planning our trip for June and we are all really excited especially our eldest who is 6 and thinks that Steve Irwin will meet us off the plane!!!
Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.
Cheers
Liz
Old Dec 10th 2003, 3:31 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Will send you a PM
Old Dec 10th 2003, 3:32 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Cant really comment specifically on the Nedlands area but try this site to start with. It has some good suburb info, esp the suburb charts which helps house price comparisons etc.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 3:35 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going to Perth for a year

Originally posted by lizmiller
Hello Everyone,
This is my first post on this forum but I have been lurking for a week or so and found all your information really helpful.
We are planning to go to Perth for a year initially to see how we like it and then who knows.
My husband and I are both nurses and we have three young children, we are looking to settle somewhere around the Nedlands area due to work. Any advise or comments about the area would be gratefully received.
We are planning our trip for June and we are all really excited especially our eldest who is 6 and thinks that Steve Irwin will meet us off the plane!!!
Cheers
Liz

Hi Liz,
apart from all the usual agencies that advertise, have a look at
www.ncah.com for jobs - agencies do advertise on here, but other more obscure posts occasionally pop up!!
good luck,

Sue
Old Dec 10th 2003, 11:28 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone,
Cheers
Liz
Bring your brolly if arriving in June, you will need it. Pack warm clothes. Nedlands is not cheap, house prices start around $500k, more realistically $600-700k, you get can cheaper apartments and town houses though. You might be looking to rent though if only for a year, beware of the cost of childcare too when adding up your figures.

If I can help at all, while I am still in Perth, give us a shout.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 11:36 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Everyone,
Cheers
Liz
Nedlands is really nice, close to the river and as such expensive but it would be handy for Charlies/QE2 hospital.

If I weren't living in Ocean Reef I'd live somewhere like Nedlands, or South Perth or Subiaco, all really good areas near the river and city.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 11:45 pm
Good to be back in UK

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
Hi Liz,
apart from all the usual agencies that advertise, have a look at
www.ncah.com for jobs - agencies do advertise on here, but other more obscure posts occasionally pop up!!
good luck,

Sue
Sue your new avatar is a bit disturbing so early in the morning, thankfully, I guess the detail is lost in the size reduction
Old Dec 10th 2003, 11:51 pm
Good to be back in UK

Originally posted by renth
Nedlands is really nice, close to the river and as such expensive but it would be handy for Charlies/QE2 hospital.

If I weren't living in Ocean Reef I'd live somewhere like Nedlands, or South Perth or Subiaco, all really good areas near the river and city.
All expensive areas to buy, we are in South Perth, I like some parts of it but not others. Subiaco was obviously very beautiful in its day, but many areas are just so over built now, but a great place for shops and cafes.

However, I can't understand people who happily sit out on the roadside eating their lunch as the traffic waits at red lights belching its fumes into the atmosphere (lunchtime in subiaco).