Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Going to perth in jan 2004.

Going to perth in jan 2004.

Old May 6th 2005, 10:08 pm
kevinsyder

Talking Going to perth in jan 2004.

Hi there, my name is kev 27 and my lovely wife to be, louisa 33, have just passed our medicals, we are planning to arrive in perth in jan 06, as we have lots to sort out here in the uk. I am a spark and louisa is a nail technician, we travelled oz in early 05 for 6 months and loved it that much we decided to emigrate. After visiting Brighton, 35k north of perth, just after Quinns Rocks we bought land there, and plan to build. As time goes by, we are realising how stressful emigrating can be, even though we know we are making the right choice, so just wondering if anyone in the uk or oz who are also emigrating/emigrated to perth would like to keep in touch, as i believe the only things we will miss in the uk is our family, and friends. We will miss our family, and our friends, but we intend to start a family out there and also, make wonderful new friends, thanks and hope to here from future friends.

kev and louisa

Old May 7th 2005, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

karlos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Going to perth in jan 2004.

Originally Posted by kevinsyder
Hi there, my name is kev 27 and my lovely wife to be, louisa 33, have just passed our medicals, we are planning to arrive in perth in jan 06, as we have lots to sort out here in the uk. I am a spark and louisa is a nail technician, we travelled oz in early 05 for 6 months and loved it that much we decided to emigrate. After visiting Brighton, 35k north of perth, just after Quinns Rocks we bought land there, and plan to build. As time goes by, we are realising how stressful emigrating can be, even though we know we are making the right choice, so just wondering if anyone in the uk or oz who are also emigrating/emigrated to perth would like to keep in touch, as i believe the only things we will miss in the uk is our family, and friends. We will miss our family, and our friends, but we intend to start a family out there and also, make wonderful new friends, thanks and hope to here from future friends.

kev and louisa
Good luck with the move kev and louisa. Once you get here you'll wonder what all the stress was about. You'll have no trouble finding friends. Drop me a PM when you get here.

All the best
karl
Old May 7th 2005, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

numbers is on a distinguished road

kev and louisa
Hi Kev and Louise, myself and my partner Claire (who is a nurse) are going to Perth also next yr, but maybe a few months after you, possibly spring. Id be glad to keep in touch, id be very interested to see what you think of where your building, as i really dont know hwerer would best suit us. We are going to Perth for a Reckie in Nov. Like you this thing is very complex, and its taking a while, but we dont envisage any problems in getting our visa.
Cheers Tony
Old May 7th 2005, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Dazlin will become famous soon enough

kev and louisa
G'day Kev n lou we also hope to be there for the mid to end of 06 north perth somewere, we (me Daren 30 carpenter/joiner/locksmith and my partner Ju 25 head of planing for local paper) have friends and family there and can all meet up if you like PM me and give me your email so we can keep intouch mate. roll on the 25th so we can paint the town RED!!!!
Old May 7th 2005, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

john mcshane is an unknown quantity at this point

hi jake here 37yr old carpenter, my wife carole 29 yr old and daughter katie 4yrs going to perth in late 05 or early 06 i have a business in south west scotland building timber frame houses , i have to finish my own house and get on market asap,we are hoping to build within the first year when we arrive , we only looked SOR at blocks when we went before for look.also hoping to start carpentry business in wa .we have only my ex workmate who has been in wa for 9 yrs and no family but what the hell there are plenty of folk in the same boat, Heres to drinking vb at sundown

cheers jake
Old May 7th 2005, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

kev and louisa

Hi Kev & Louisa,

We are also going to Perth in jan 06, thats me Nicky husband John & 8 year old daughter Georgia ! we cant wait ! see you on the other side ! ( thats if we ever sell our bloody house ! )

Nicky
Old May 7th 2005, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Darren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant future

Hi Kev and Louisa,
I have just got back from a reccie and loved Brighton. I Am an electrical engineer (aged 33) in the UK but been assessed as a general electrician on TRA. House now up for sale and hopefully moving late this year or early next year with wife and 2 kids. Probably will also buy a plot at Brighton. Keep in touch
Daz
Old May 7th 2005, 3:30 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Be there in about 3 weeks (perth), staying with family until we can afford a place of our own.... will keep you in mind mr.mcshane .