Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Going to Adelaide to validate my 489 visa

Going to Adelaide to validate my 489 visa

Old Jan 8th 2014, 8:24 am
Just Joined

amit.kumar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going to Adelaide to validate my 489 visa

I need to reach Adelaide by 9th February , 2014 to validate my visa. I have already made a plan to stay there for one week and made arragement accordingly. Is there any possibility to get a job with such short stay? If not what should I do make this journey fruitful. About 4000 usd will be wasted for this journey

With the current job market in Australia for Telecom professional , I think it was a mistake to apply for this visa which took another 4000 usd ..I am so much frustrated now.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 8:45 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going to Adelaide to validate my 489 visa

Originally Posted by amit.kumar
I need to reach Adelaide by 9th February , 2014 to validate my visa. I have already made a plan to stay there for one week and made arragement accordingly. Is there any possibility to get a job with such short stay? If not what should I do make this journey fruitful. About 4000 usd will be wasted for this journey

With the current job market in Australia for Telecom professional , I think it was a mistake to apply for this visa which took another 4000 usd ..I am so much frustrated now.
I would think it would be unlikely that you would find a job in such a short space of time - and with only a week I cannot think of much that can be done other than having a look around the area and getting a feel for the shops,

Have you applied for any jobs already?
Old Jan 8th 2014, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I would think it would be unlikely that you would find a job in such a short space of time - and with only a week I cannot think of much that can be done other than having a look around the area and getting a feel for the shops,

Have you applied for any jobs already?
There were very few options and had email rejection of all of them
Old Jan 8th 2014, 9:25 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amit.kumar
There were very few options and had email rejection of all of them
I don't know if you've heard of Skilled Migrant Services / Skills for All in Adelaide - not sure if they can help but may be worth a chat with them - Google them and make an appt.

You can also try singling out job adverts from the company as opposed to agencies and apply only to those.

Even though you were issued your visa based on Telecoms, you can do any job at all when you get here
Old Jan 8th 2014, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I don't know if you've heard of Skilled Migrant Services / Skills for All in Adelaide - not sure if they can help but may be worth a chat with them - Google them and make an appt.

You can also try singling out job adverts from the company as opposed to agencies and apply only to those.

Even though you were issued your visa based on Telecoms, you can do any job at all when you get here
Thanks.. I will certainly do some research now
Old Jan 8th 2014, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

To make the trip more fruitful you certainly would need to extend it. We found jobs on validation trip, but we were here for three weeks.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Perpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond repute

As the others have said, a week is a very short time for securing a job. What you perhaps could do is to meet up and register with agencies that recruit and place professionals within the Telecoms industry?